A Whole Single Or 30 Second Samples?

presto123

Would you rather have a whole single released(besides Caravan BU2B)or have maybe 30 second samples of 3 or 4 songs? I don't know if I want a whole song being that we have two already. Maybe just small samples will build my expectation more? Edited by presto123

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 11 2012, 02:08 AM)
Would you rather have a whole single released(besides Caravan BU2B)or have maybe 30 second samples of 3 or 4 songs? I don't know if I want a whole song being that we have two already. Maybe just small samples will build my expectation more?

If they really want to build up expectations more, maybe they should just wait 5 more years. sarcasm.gif

Edited by rushgoober

I prefer they just put the F-n album Out already

I actually hope they don't rerecord the two singles. I just have a bad feeling that if they did, they would somehow make it not as good. Add some geddy choirs or more Alex overdubs or something. Or something ridiculous like removing the jam from caravan. "oh that was a little too over the top for us"

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 11 2012, 07:15 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 11 2012, 02:08 AM)
Would you rather have a whole single released(besides Caravan BU2B)or have maybe 30 second samples of 3 or 4 songs? I don't know if I want a whole song being that we have two already. Maybe just small samples will build my expectation more?

If they really want to build up expectations more, maybe they should just wait 5 more years. sarcasm.gif

rofl3.gif I'm sure they need some time off. They are probably exhausted.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 11 2012, 09:37 AM)
I prefer they just put the F-n album Out already

There you go. No leaks, hints, snippets. Ruins the anticipation of the first listen after the 30 minutes it takes to get the plastic wrap off the cd.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Mar 11 2012, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 11 2012, 09:37 AM)
I prefer  they just put the F-n album Out already

There you go. No leaks, hints, snippets. Ruins the anticipation of the first listen after the 30 minutes it takes to get the plastic wrap off the cd.

i agree. they can put out a new single/ rerecorded single or samples if they want, but i am not gonna listen to them. i have tried this experiment before and usually if i don't listen to a new album before i buy it i end up liking it more that if i sampled before. usually.

and if it comes with a 5.1 mix, that will be the way i will take my first listen.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Mar 11 2012, 12:27 PM)
And might I ask, where did you hear THIS rumor?

To answer the question, I've never been impressed by 30 second samples of anything in my life. Gimme a new song, or put out the re-recordings of Caravan/BU2B (if they did indeed record them again).

I read it on RIAB. Ed said his sources say either Roadrunner or Rush.com will release a single or samples soon.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 11 2012, 04:08 AM)

Samples of all.. woohoo!

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 11 2012, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Mar 11 2012, 12:27 PM)
And might I ask, where did you hear THIS rumor?

To answer the question, I've never been impressed by 30 second samples of anything in my life. Gimme a new song, or put out the re-recordings of Caravan/BU2B (if they did indeed record them again).

I read it on RIAB. Ed said his sources say either Roadrunner or Rush.com will release a single or samples soon.

samples of all tracks! 1022.gif