Take the cookie, leave the cookie

Lerxster

Do you leave a cookie, or take the last cookie  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you leave a cookie, or take the last cookie

• Leave one cookie
    • Take the last cookie

Okay, so I left the last Chips Ahoy Heath Bar flavor in the package. My wife said I shouldn't have left one, that I should have ate it. I countered that it's better to find only one cookie than no cookies. Was I wrong to leave one cookie left? Would you rather have found one than none? My wife approved this poll. This is very important. What say you?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, just to clarify since my wife didn't quite like the wording. It is implied that you are in the mood for cookies, and you only find one.

If you were eating cookies, would you have left one to find in the package, or would you have eaten the last cookie and thrown out the package. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 6 2012, 09:51 PM)
If you were eating cookies, would you have left one to find in the package, or would you have eaten the last cookie and thrown out the package. biggrin.gif

In that case, I'm changing my vote to "Eat the Cookie".... laugh.gif

Eat it and throw out the package. It's no big deal but it's like leaving 3 ml of milk in the bag because you don't want to change it.

... eat it! ... buy more on grocery day ffs, no need to be politically (or any other cause) correct here ... father, son holy ghost; who eats the fastest gets the most.

tongue.gif I used to buy them so I got in on the deal before they were gone! wink.gif

cookies good!

Eat it.

I've considered problems like this before. The way I see it:

If now is a 'bad' time to eat it, then one must assume there will be a 'better' time to eat the cookie or it will be more satisfying later. False, completely false.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Mar 7 2012, 09:39 AM)
I'd take the last cookie, but only if I could share it by breaking it in half and giving that half to someone else. heart.gif

See...that's exactly why everyone loves you hug2.gif

(you can have the other half of my cookie, too)

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Mar 7 2012, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Mar 7 2012, 09:39 AM)
I'd take the last cookie, but only if I could share it by breaking it in half and giving that half to someone else. heart.gif

See...that's exactly why everyone loves you hug2.gif

(you can have the other half of my cookie, too)

wub.gif Thank you, Yuor_Lnio! wub.gif

Go to the store and buy more, then eat the last one. She then has a fresh package to open and All the cookies to choose from wink.gif

Do what I do - when I get down to a couple - I ask if anyone wants one. Usually I ask really softly so nobody hears, and then I eat the last couple cookies. That way - I can say "well, I asked!"

It depends on how many are left. If there are two or more left, eat all but one -- leave the last cookie for someone else.

If there is only one left, that means another person has already left the last cookie for someone else -- and that someone else is YOU. Eat it!!!

Then do as metaldad suggests, and go out and buy more.

I'd probably leave one to be polite.

unless they are oatmeal raisin - then I would just throw it in the compost pile 062802puke_prv.gif

Well this is an odd issue that I am not familiar with. My wife has this uncanny ability where she always has a hidden stash of whatever we use. It could be deodorant, shampoo, cookies, cereal even ice cream for gods sake. If I use the last of it and mention it to her she goes to one of her magical storage places and produces a new package of whatever it was that was needed. It really is quite impressive to see. So from my own experience my advice to you would be to get a more efficient wife. tongue.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 7 2012, 07:17 PM)
Well this is an odd issue that I am not familiar with.  My wife has this uncanny ability where she always has a hidden stash of whatever we use.  It could be deodorant, shampoo, cookies, cereal even ice cream for gods sake.  If I use the last of it and mention it to her she goes to one of her magical storage places and produces a new package of whatever it was that was needed.  It really is quite impressive to see.  So from my own experience my advice to you would be to get a more efficient wife.  tongue.gif

...get a more efficient wife...
! tongue.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 7 2012, 02:17 PM)
Well this is an odd issue that I am not familiar with.  My wife has this uncanny ability where she always has a hidden stash of whatever we use.  It could be deodorant, shampoo, cookies, cereal even ice cream for gods sake.  If I use the last of it and mention it to her she goes to one of her magical storage places and produces a new package of whatever it was that was needed.  It really is quite impressive to see.  So from my own experience my advice to you would be to get a more efficient wife.  tongue.gif

I always smile.gif have extras hidden away... smile.gif

She must have been a girl scout - we are always prepared!!!