So Who Has Seen The TM Tour???

presto123

Anybody? Bueller.....Bueller? Just wondering. I didn't know how many cities it's playing in. There is a showing here tomorrow night outside of Indy and I'm thinking about going. Just wanted some feedback. I did see BTLS on the big screen and that was pretty cool. 2.gif

I saw the R30 Tour on the Big Screen many years ago. It was one night only.

The video and audio of the picture were pure shit.

It was like they rigged a dvd player up to the projector and pressed play.

Pure garbage.

I will wait to watch TM Tour on Blu-Ray in the comfort of my own home theater. yes.gif

Now if they put the TM Tour on the IMAX screen in 3D I would be all over that like white on rice.

1022.gif

Just got home from seeing it in Pittsburgh. Amazing how many more things I noticed that I missed at the actual show. It was fun and it's cool to see it on the big screen.

The picture was a tiny bit fuzzy, but it was still worth seeing it on the big screen. I'd been waiting all day to Witch Hunt and Alex's solo in Working Man.

Saw it at the Rave in Melbourne. Was actually pretty acurate. The room wasn't sound treated to play a concert movie, so the lows were shit, Geddy's voice was echoy and low in the mix.

Was like actually being at a concert.

That said, I can't wait for the CD to come out, so I can actually have it sounding great on my fathers BOSE sound system and sound treated room.

Of course we'll buy the DVD, but we don't have a "home theater" so we made the reasonably short drive to see it tonight. Well worth it.

Sam Dunn & Scot McFadyen really did it again...excellent work all around. The camera work is the best of any of the live productions by far. There are numerous extended, close-up views of each of them playing...several good shots of them goofing around with each other. Sam & Scot also went to great lengths to include good crowd shots, not cheesy generic ones...lots of air drummers, some kids, and plenty of women who are clearly having a great time...they obviously weren't dragged there by their significant other. You get a good sense from footage like that of exactly what its like to see Rush live.

So there's my review...I give it 4 stars. Long drive. Very sleepy. G'nite. schla03.gif

I had a great time seeing this in the theater last night. It felt like being there, almost. Kinda awkward when at the end of the song, the DVD crowd cheered and the theater audience tried to do the same, but it was just... us haha.

Well worth my $10. Yes, I could have saved it and put it towards buying the DVD but it was fun last night.

Also got to meet 1 of the 7, one of our own TRFers trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 26 2011, 03:24 PM)
I'm busy tonight but I will see it the next date it plays in town (November).

Same. I'm surprising my dad with the tickets tonight as an early Christmas present. He's sick to boot, so this'll cheer him up. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Oracle @ Oct 27 2011, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 26 2011, 03:24 PM)
I'm busy tonight but I will see it the next date it plays in town (November).

Same. I'm surprising my dad with the tickets tonight as an early Christmas present. He's sick to boot, so this'll cheer him up. biggrin.gif

You guys will enjoy it so much! It's really nice seeing it in a real theatre with other fans. Though of course it doesn't equal the glorious high of an actual gig, it's definitely a fun time yes.gif I think the best thing about the film is that it illustrates very well how much work the guys in the band put into making the music, and how much they love doing it. This comes across vividly on a big screen.

Have fun! trink39.gif

I saw it last night!

Awesome awesome awesome AWESOME!!

My friends are lame and wouldn't go with me but I did meet this really cool guy. He and I were like the only ones air-drumming and singing and doing the "HEY"s during 2112 (really small crowd) but it was great. Everyone behind us probably thought we were nuts. xD We exchanged e-mail addresses and ended up talking for like two hours after the movie. I didn't get back home until midnight! (Weird for me, since I'm generally not out on weekdays past 10 PM.) And he's a huge Neil fan, too.. but of course in a different context than I am, haha. He's a drummer himself.

So amazing, considering my seats in Omaha were less than stellar. Of course it's nothing like being at the actual venue, but it was a pretty good second. Loooooved getting to see Neil's solo up close. wub.gif

I got to see the movie with my dad last night. Yesterday was his birthday, so it was a gift of sorts, and an awesome one, at that. It was also my first time ever seeing the movie, and it was one the most epic night I've had in a while. Three hours of Rush is more than an evening well spent. tongue.gif

The audience at the local theatre was small but all Rush fans. Some of them were actually there at the Cleveland show, and gave special shout-outs when they saw themselves or someone they knew. The performances were exceptional, of course, as they always are. Seeing the band in concert again (albiet not live) rekindled my love for them. 1022.gif

I was very tired and kind of cranky yesterday, but it all went away when I saw the movie. It's Rush, they make everything better. biggrin.gif

When the movie ended, the main menu appeared and we saw the option for special features. One of the guys in the audience said, "How much do we have to tip them to show the special features?" That would have been awesome. laugh.gif

About 20-25 people in Auburn, NY, which isn't bad for outside of a small city (Syracuse). The fans were VERY intense - a bunch of guys were reminiscing back to the 70's, quoting song lyrics, and talking about having gone to Lakeside Park. Lots of audience participation during the movie - clapping, shouts of "awesome!", nodding and singing along. It was loud and felt like a real concert (with better seats)! I even brought my 72-year-old mom along - she said "they're obviously all really talented, but what makes them special is how they play off each other". Indeed!

Met up with some fellow Rushgirls from here on the forum - I've been to a pre-show meetup before, but never here in my home town, so it was cool in that respect.

I see others' showings had a DVD menu before the movie started. We thought that was kinda funny wink.gif

Everyone kept saying they can't wait for the next concert! If I needed a reminder of why I'd give a lot to see these guys (which I hardly do), last night was a huge one!