I need some opinions.

PhilCastro

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 27 2011, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 27 2011, 01:30 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 27 2011, 11:33 AM)
She was let go today.

Oh man. That's horrible. Please tell me that she is getting an attorney. sad.gif

she's working on it, yes.

As for me... it's time to start filling out the job applications.

Yep....legal action (with no mercy) is definitely in order.

No face-to-face meeting with the kid and his family, I assume. Typical cowardice from a school HR bureaucracy. Rather than actually dealing with the issue, they take the coward's way out and just terminate someone.

Get the newspapers and local TV stations involved, too. They might be interested in doing a story on false harassment charges and the rights of school employees.

Good hunting! Sue the crap out of them.... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pags @ Oct 27 2011, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 27 2011, 02:25 PM)
She was let go today.

Oh man. That's horrible. Please tell me that she is getting an attorney. sad.gif

I'm really sorry Phil. I hope things turn out OK in the end.

Me too, man. Me too.

What has this world come to? That something so benign, coupled with a smartassed kid's biased and oversensitive account of it, can take away a person's livelihood in an instant, affecting an entire family in an already crappy economy? Such bullshit.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 27 2011, 02:24 PM)
She was let go today.

Me too, man. Me too.

What has this world come to? That something so benign, coupled with a smartassed kid's biased and oversensitive account of it, can take away a person's livelihood in an instant, affecting an entire family in an already crappy economy? Such bullshit.

goodpost.gif

What an outrage! How was this allowed to happen? I am floored that they let her go.

She was with this company for so long and what now happens when she tries to get another job? Can she use this company as a reference?

Did this punk ass kid have anything happen to him? Slap on the wrist (hopefully worse)? Anything?

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 27 2011, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 27 2011, 02:24 PM)
She was let go today.

Me too, man. Me too.

goodpost.gif

What an outrage! How was this allowed to happen? I am floored that they let her go.

She was with this company for so long and what now happens when she tries to get another job? Can she use this company as a reference?

Did this punk ass kid have anything happen to him? Slap on the wrist (hopefully worse)? Anything?

It just shows it doesn't matter how long you've worked for an organisation or company, in the end you're just a number, and there's no difference between a 30 year man and the new guy. One little incident and you're history and if you last till retirement hey here's your clock but we hope you die pretty soon after retirement because we don't want to pay your pension for very long even though it's really your money.

That school should be ashamed of themselves.

As far as that dickhead kid goes, I optimistically believe that somewhere down the line he will get his (whether it be in the form of an ass beating that's totally unrelated to this OR suffer in some deeply personal way as a result of his shitty actions).

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 27 2011, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Oct 27 2011, 12:48 PM)
Sorry to hear this, didnt think they would fire her over tthat little thing. Sad,very sad.

They didn't get more kids coming forward - did they?

I can't see them doing this for a single incident like that.

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing.

What reason did they give for the termination?...I kmow most employees are " at will", and the company doesnt really need a solid reason. Did any other kids come forward with some stories?..I'm not trying to make your mom out to be the offender here, but you would think they have some solid evidence, and consulted with their own legal team before firing her.

That really sucks for you and your mom.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Oct 27 2011, 11:55 PM)
Sorry to hear this, didnt think they would fire her over tthat little thing. Sad,very sad.

What reason did they give for the termination?...I kmow most employees are " at will", and the company doesnt really need a solid reason. Did any other kids come forward with some stories?..I'm not trying to make your mom out to be the offender here, but you would think they have some solid evidence, and consulted with their own legal team before firing her.

Yeah - that's exactly what I was thinking - and like you said, not that she was actually doing it, but more that this punk convinced others to present the same story so he "won".

Some young punk that acts all tough on message boards that had to ruin someone's life because he's used to getting his way by being a bully.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 28 2011, 10:09 AM)

Yeah - that's exactly what I was thinking - and like you said, not that she was actually doing it, but more that this punk convinced others to present the same story so he "won".

Some young punk that acts all tough on message boards that had to ruin someone's life because he's used to getting his way by being a bully.

She wasn't told of anyone else that came forward.

In the termination letter it said she acted in an unprofessional way as a supervisor. And what she did was against school policy.

She was let go today.

ohmy.gif What the f**k!

I hate shit like this. "Oh wahh wahh she patted my grotesque beer gut, fire her!!!" and they FIRE HER. Stupid people. Find the person who decided to fire her and put his/her hand on your butt, Phil. Get THEM fired!

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 28 2011, 10:15 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 28 2011, 10:09 AM)

She wasn't told of anyone else that came forward.

In the termination letter it said she acted in an unprofessional way as a supervisor. And what she did was against school policy.

And as sad as it is, this is all it takes in most cases. It's why I have to laugh when companies/jobs talk about being a big family and a team. No such thing. They need you to act like a team member but their is no team or family. Can you imagine firing your brother or sister for violating family policy? No. I'm sorry and I hope she is still able to work in her profession if she chooses to remain in that work.

What really sucks about all this is that this punk is going to see that he can act like a punk and get his way with things with no consequences. Please, please, please tell me he suffered some sort of punishment, otherwise, the only lesson he is going to walk away with is the fact that he has some sort of power.

Thats total B.S....

There's a much better job for your mom out there somewhere.

Tell her to keep fighting the "Good fight", and don't give up searching

for it...Good always prevails over bad. Just keep walkin' on.

Good luck to both of you.

Edited by go2wrk@95974

I don't get mad much angry.gif

It's a good thing that punk kid is far away from me . . . . . dazed025.gif

Cause this make's me MAD ! rage.gif

Hope everything works out for the best for your family yes.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 3 2011, 02:16 PM)
Any update? Hope you have some good news soon.

Not much going on at the moment. Just trying to take things one day at a time.

My mom is looking for a new job and has put in several applications. She hasn't had any luck in finding an attorney willing to take her case, but she's still looking. One lawyer told her that if the school deems that she broke a rule, they have the right to terminate her.

She's also trying to sign up for unemployment as well, but that's not looking too promising.

As for me, I've been running around campus trying to see if I can get any financial aid and some loans. I had to fill out some paper work and they said they won't know how much I can get until Wednesday. So With the new quarter starting in 3 weeks here at RIT, I still know if I'll be going to classes. I'm also trying to find a job, but no luck with that yet.

Complete and utter garbage.

This kind of crap pisses me off...just another example of the world we live in this day. Ultra-sensitivity rules everything. Pure crap.

Sorry to hear about this Phil...I really hope that you and your family get through this okay, and back on your feet quickly.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Nov 3 2011, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 3 2011, 02:16 PM)
Any update? Hope you have some good news soon.

Not much going on at the moment. Just trying to take things one day at a time.

My mom is looking for a new job and has put in several applications. She hasn't had any luck in finding an attorney willing to take her case, but she's still looking. One lawyer told her that if the school deems that she broke a rule, they have the right to terminate her.

She's also trying to sign up for unemployment as well, but that's not looking too promising.

As for me, I've been running around campus trying to see if I can get any financial aid and some loans. I had to fill out some paper work and they said they won't know how much I can get until Wednesday. So With the new quarter starting in 3 weeks here at RIT, I still know if I'll be going to classes. I'm also trying to find a job, but no luck with that yet.

Have her sign up for unemployment.

If she is turned down have her appeal.

I have to attend appeal hearings for people I terminate and have been

shocked on several occasions when the moderator overturned the original decision

and granted unemployment for people who clearly did not deserve it. My point is

to not prejudge this issue. You never know what will happen.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Nov 3 2011, 01:27 PM)
One lawyer told her that if the school deems that she broke a rule, they have the right to terminate her.

That's a complete and total cop-out. That lawyer is a coward. He obviously doesn't want to take the case, so he invents a BS excuse. 062802puke_prv.gif

And if/when his employer (wrongfully) deems that he broke a rule and terminates him, will he feel the same way? sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

Fire away because this probably isn't going to be a very popular comment but...

I have worked with kids for over 11 years in an educational setting. Never ever would I think it was appropriate to touch a student's stomach and make a reference about alcohol consumption and/or a big or beer belly. I'd be angry if a school employee behaved in that way to my child. Sorry, but that is beyond inappropriate.

Having said that, it's unfortunate that there was an immediate termination based on this sole incident. I hope your mom finds work soon and that school works out for you.