They were 22 years old when they wrote 2112

cygnus_thegodofbalance

Greg Lake was 15 when he joined King Crimson. But, yeah, doing 2112 at such a young age is pretty impressive, too. cool.gif

QUOTE (Yokkov @ Oct 15 2011, 04:08 PM)
Steve Winwood was 15 when he had his first number one hit over the Beatles. While Rush are amazing, they're not the only musically talented people out there. trink39.gif

Ohh no, 2.gif the ONLY ones!!!! tongue.gif

What's amazing about Rush is not only what they wrote when they were 22, but what they're writing in their late 50's. Few people can come up with great music, and fewer still can keep it going as long as they have (this is assuming you still think they're doing good work).

That is incredible that they were so motivated. I am sure that the work ethic that they inherited by virtue of being children of immigrants (Alex and Geddy anyhow) and the business savvy of Ray Daniels (and Vic Wilson then) helped a lot.

Still, had 2112 not taken off, Alex said that he was ready to be a fence contractor with his brother-in-law.

I just jammed to 2112 the other day and it has inspired me to focus on a concept 'suite' of songs.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Oct 15 2011, 06:38 PM)
Bieber charted at age 15.

C-c-c-combo breaker! rofl3.gif

Damn. I'm 23. I'd like to think I'm pretty successful in some aspects of my life but oh man, these musicians are making me feel bad about myself! eh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 16 2011, 02:24 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Oct 16 2011, 12:19 AM)
Didn't Mozart write compositions at age 4?

Hey Pedro!

I think you might be right.

Beethoven must have been a young lad too.

Signed,

David Bowie

Yes sir. He wrote Andante in C major.

Leopold(his father) started to realize at a early age(3) that he was naturally gifted because little Wolfgang would be sleeping while his father Leopold and friends from work(a violinist) would be fiddling around on the piano and would wake up and scream down the stairs "resolve it!!!!!" when they wouldn't resolve a dominant 7th chord(or something of that nature). laugh.gif

Quite the story if your interested(read the book by Davenport, soooo good)