What Neil Should have done

Cosy Toes

Being as our favourite sociopathic attention whore doesn't like the general public impinging on his private life, why didn't he be like Thunderstick and perform in a mask? That way once off stage he could take off the mask and bask in his anonymity. Thunderstick even played in a cage - he put up a barrier to keep himself intact.

http://www.bookofhours.net/samson/trappa.jpg

I bet nobody here knows what Thunderstick (36th best drummer of all time) actually looks like smile.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 28 2011, 08:26 AM)
Being as our favourite sociopathic attention whore doesn't like the general public impinging on his private life, why didn't he be like Thunderstick and perform in a mask? That way once off stage he could take off the mask and bask in his anonymity. Thunderstick even played in a cage - he put up a barrier to keep himself intact.

I bet nobody here knows what Thunderstick (36th best drummer of all time) actually looks like smile.gif

Does his large moustache in the 70s count?

im sure mr stick is sorry he put that daft mask on, for now alas he is stuck with it as "his thing" and will feel a tw** if he appears without it.

just a thought doh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 28 2011, 09:58 AM)
What if Neil is Buckethead? ohmy.gif

I had the same thought. laugh.gif

Another option - he could have taken a page from the Sex Pistols and had a curtain between himself and everyone else. The audience would never see him. Of course, that would be a challenge for sound engineering at the shows.

Anyone here familiar with The Residents? They've been around since 1972, have recorded over 60 albums, and no one knows who they are. The anonymity is part of their identity. They do perform live, but are always masked and cloaked. (I'm not a fan of their work, really; it's definitely not got commercial appeal. But they are fascinating).

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 28 2011, 11:59 AM)
Neil should have traded places with Peter Criss in the early years and he could walk around freely without makeup. Kiss would be progressive now and Rush would still be sounding like their first album. rofl3.gif

applaudit.gif yes.gif trink39.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 28 2011, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 28 2011, 09:58 AM)
What if Neil is Buckethead?  ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

Then they're VERY stupid for not utilizing his guitar talents on Rush albums!!

Oh no! You've discovered their secret ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 28 2011, 08:26 AM)

Sounds simple, doesn't it? Only problem is, it's dangerously hot & uncomfortable with masks on as a drummer, esp playing prog hard rock. Stage lighting puts a normal person near heat stroke without a mask.

It's a kewl concept, though. I just had to share my experience.

Did u guys know i got asked to play drums in that band due to my screenname on myspace that i copied off my trf name here (the masked drummer). It was my name alone that got the attention of a band in need if a masked drummer. Got me on a reality tv show and star mag too. Thanks trf and neil for helping me come up with that name (based on neils first book "the masked rider")

Becuase Neil doesn't want to be anonymous and Neil doesn't want to HIDE, he just doesn't want to deal with the fans one on one at meet and greets. However, we have had stories on this board that someone has had an encounter with Neil at a restaurant or a library and they always say "it's not as bad aas everyone thinks it is".

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 29 2011, 03:11 AM)
However, we have had stories on this board that someone has had an encounter with Neil at a restaurant or a library and they always say "it's not as bad aas everyone thinks it is".

My dadd encountered him. It's a horrible experience by the sounds of it. Neil is a very, very rude man. No social graces.

Just because he is the best drummer of all time does not require him to be nice to everyone.

Appreciate his talent while you can. He just doesn't want to be your friend. Boo Hoo for you. fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 29 2011, 04:23 AM)
However, we have had stories on this board that someone has had an encounter with Neil at a restaurant or a library and they always say "it's not as bad aas everyone thinks it is".

My dadd encountered him. It's a horrible experience by the sounds of it. Neil is a very, very rude man. No social graces.

You're never going to let that go, are you?

It was one. Day. One. Incident.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 29 2011, 07:45 AM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 29 2011, 04:23 AM)

You're never going to let that go, are you?

It was one. Day. One. Incident.

DADDY!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/EarlyMemphis/Smileys/th_CryingSmiley.gif

QUOTE (Nim2 @ Apr 29 2011, 11:38 AM)
Just because he is the best drummer of all time does not require him to be nice to everyone.

He's not even the best drummer in Rush!!!!

He should learn to be polite to strangers - something that hpatently isn't. It is possible to be shy and not be rude. I was brought up to be polite. I said "Owdo" to everybody I met on my walk today, Ididn't shield my face from anybody.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 29 2011, 08:38 AM)

He should learn to be polite to strangers - something that hpatently isn't. It is possible to be shy and not be rude. I was brought up to be polite. I said "Owdo" to everybody I met on my walk today, Ididn't shield my face from anybody.

And you are...?

" it is possible to be shy & not rude"?? So you've had experience with being shy then? please share your expertise with us. Everyone has the right to a bad day. My buddy's uncle met neil at a motorcycle dealership not knowing about neil or rush, and he was totally friendly and told him he plays drums and all. Can't base it on one encounter. Sometimes people have a hard time listening to people kiss and tongue their asses fir forty years. I'm sorry dad had a bad experience. Ppl get old and grouchy with age. When i met alex and ged in 2007 they were dicks, totally. But i respect that they could be exhausted and just wish they could lay down and take a nap. I'll bet neil has pains 2nd only to evel knievel. His muscles and bones have endured 50 billion hard hits. Think about it...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2011, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 29 2011, 09:38 AM)

Right, John Lennon is!

That's bullshit! Everyone knows the best drummer was obviously Paul McCartney!

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 29 2011, 06:02 PM)

And you are...?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more famous than you, or at least my daddy is.

Poor daddy, he was so upset, he and his friends made so sure to treat Neil just as Kneel would like to be tret, yet Neal behaved like such a rude, arrogant man to them. Neill, please wear a mask, is it so much to ask?