What was your first concert EVER?

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Apr 21 2010, 09:20 PM)
Green Day
American Idiot Tour
Merriweather Pavilion

awesome show

And now I'm jealous. yes.gif

laugh.gif

Rush in the Seattle Coliseum

June 18, 1981

I was 13 years old and it was AWESOME!!

hooked me for life.

I wish I couldve remembered more of the show, I was too wasted. If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I wouldve told me to not get high or drunk until after the concert........oh, and definetely tape the show!!

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Apr 21 2010, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Apr 21 2010, 09:20 PM)
Green Day
American Idiot Tour
Merriweather  Pavilion

awesome show

And now I'm jealous. yes.gif

laugh.gif

I saw that tour too, both the 04 and 05 legs, but the most jealous I am is of my friend who saw one of their club shows in LA where they played the full album.

The Cars - September 3rd, 1980

The Motels opened

Me and my buds will celebrate the 30th anniversary of that show this year. We will raise a few pints and honor Ben!

• Like 2

Ozzy, Madison Square Garden, Diary of a Madman tour 1982. TWO WEEKS after Randy Rhodes died. I saw Bernie Torme fill in. A shame I missed seeing RR, but still I was an 11 year old at my first concert ever, and loved every minute of it. Edited by greg2112
  • Like 1

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 12 2009, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Dec 11 2009, 11:15 PM)
RUSH
GRACE UNDER PRESSURE WARM UP TOUR
RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL
SEPTEMBER 1983

I was at the last show[Friday] Which one did were you at ?

Yes which show?? I was at the second to last show on the 22nd. Incredible.

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 21 2010, 09:47 PM)
Ozzy, Madison Square Garden, Diary of a Madman tour 1982. TWO WEEKS after Randy Rhodes died. I saw Bernie Torme fill in. A shame I missed seeing RR, but still I was an 11 year old at my first concert ever, and loved every minute of it.

Damn,it would have been awesome to see Randy Rhoads play

First concert was in Dallas, Tx (Smirnoff Center) and it was Cheap Trick/Ted Nugent/Deep Purple/Lynyrd Skynyrd (in that order)

At the time I didn't know who any of the bands were (they were free tix won at the race track ha), but it was a blast and it really kick started my interest in music.

Well do you mean -

1) first concert as in the one my mom and dad dragged me too at the ripe old age of 12?

2)Or as in the first one I went to willingly,

3)or the first one my parents know about?

#1 was some Country Music extravaganza with such well loved people as Crystal Gayle, Dolly Parton, Conway TWITty, a bunch of other doofuses I can't remember and Jerry Reed. (Well Jerry Reed was cool as hell and this was right before Smokey and The Bandit was released)

#2 was at the Milwaukee County Stadium and was called Grand Slam Jam or something and Sweaty Uncle teddy was there!

#3 Was Journey in 1982 at Summerfest in Milwaukee

QUOTE (yyztmmb @ Apr 24 2010, 09:27 AM)
1976 - KISS
Syracuse War Memorial
Uriah Heep opened

Then Tull, then Queen with Freddy

The Marshall Tucker Band & Elvin Bishop

2.gif Glasgow Apollo 1977, first UK tour, they went to Wales after & recorded AFTK's.

I remember they played Xanadu with slightly different lyrics.

http://i32.tinypic.com/fnwgt4.jpg

• Like 1

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Jul 9 2010, 09:05 AM)
2.gif Glasgow Apollo 1977, first UK tour, they went to Wales after & recorded AFTK's.
I remember they played Xanadu with slightly different lyrics.

http://i32.tinypic.com/fnwgt4.jpg

How cool is that!? Look at those tickets prices!! My wife (when she was a child) used to live in Lossiemouth. She has great memories of Scotland.

Poison, 1988 in Providence, RI. I *think* the opening act was Tesla. Not sure. Might've been Warrant. I saw Poison twice back then, on the Open Up and Say Ahh tour and the Flesh & Blood tour, and I don't recall offhand who opened for each tour.

Jethro Tull, Stormwatch Tour 1979, MSG, NYC.

We were innocent kids...soon to be corrupted! The guys in front of us had a bong about a foot tall, and were swigging from a liter of Jack Daniels. Man how times have changed, you can barely bring a stick of gum into a concert nowadays.

I remember when the lights came on for intermission, you could barely see the other side of MSG due to the marijuana/cigarette fog that had settled in.

QUOTE (rbjax2001 @ Jul 9 2010, 10:37 PM)
Jethro Tull, Stormwatch Tour 1979, MSG, NYC.

Wow, that must've been amazing. Back when Ian could still sing and they had the big stage shows.

As for my first show, it was our beloved Rush. Presto tour, 1990. I was fourteen and spazzed out the entire show. That was a big night for me. No idea what songs they were gonna play. Completely surprised by Xanadu. Indoor show too. Loud as hellz. 1022.gif

QUOTE (afurrything @ Dec 10 2009, 04:49 PM)
My mom used to take me to shows all the time when I was in grade school. Bands she wanted to see. Chicago, Barry Manilow, I know there's more.

I know I saw Bob Seger when I was in 5th or 6th grade, so late 70s.

First saw Rush Moving Pictures tour, so I am guessing 1982ish.

Drunk and bored tonight so I am quoting myself.

I broke my Pearl Jam cherry October 5 2004, I haven't been to any other shows, except Pearl Jam, since then, well except to see Eddie Vedder twice. I just have a fee4ling I will be disappointed. PJ puts on a hell of a show.

I had been to every local Rush show from MP thru T4E. I am really hoping I can go see them in August. My oldest son loves Rush, especially Neil, and he wants to go. He is only 10 and I feel bad he has never been to any show yet!

My oldest daughter I took to Rush when she was in 1st grade.

QUOTE (rbjax2001 @ Jul 9 2010, 10:37 PM)

We were innocent kids...soon to be corrupted! The guys in front of us had a bong about a foot tall, and were swigging from a liter of Jack Daniels. Man how times have changed, you can barely bring a stick of gum into a concert nowadays.

When I was in 5th/6th grade and saw Bob Seger, had to be late 70s, I brought in one of those wine bags filled with wine. Drank out of it the whole show.

Ahhh those were the days laugh.gif