Net Worth of Rush

the masked drummer

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 8 2011, 10:09 PM)
Real Worth of all three=Priceless wink.gif

Totally agree.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 8 2011, 11:09 PM)

Wrong, the actual net worth is...ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

http://blog.stackoverflow.com/wp-content/uploads/dr-evil-pinky.jpg

QUOTE (Oracle @ Apr 8 2011, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 8 2011, 11:09 PM)

Wrong, the actual net worth is...ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

http://blog.stackoverflow.com/wp-content/uploads/dr-evil-pinky.jpg

I'd say more, maybe a couple billion...

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 8 2011, 11:24 PM)
Why is it the drummer always gets cheated? rofl3.gif

Drummers aren't musicians rofl3.gif

Well, Geddy is the singer, and Alex the guitarist...but I think Neil is a lot more famous as a drummer than Alex is as a guitarist. Generally, guitarists are the main one in generic rock. Look at Van Halen and Slash. I think Alex whoops them both, but Alex isn't famous because of Geddy and Neil. So I find it odd that Neil is the least and not Alex.

But I agree, they are all priceless to me yes.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 9 2011, 12:24 AM)

Because they just hang out with the actual musicians.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Apr 9 2011, 12:54 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 8 2011, 09:24 PM)

Drummer & Author... Hmm..

I think the real reason that Peart may have less is because of all the money he spent Motorcycling across North and South America without any other source of income besides royalties. He even wrote in Ghost Rider that he was

beginning to worry that his money would not last him that much longer if he kept living the way he was without working.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 9 2011, 01:16 AM)

I think the real reason that Peart may have less is because of all the money he spent Motorcycling across North and South America without any other source of income besides royalties. He even wrote in Ghost Rider that he was

beginning to worry that his money would not last him that much longer if he kept living the way he was without working.

He has 22 million and he worries he may run out of cash? b_sigh.gif

Haha, so true rofl3.gif

I'd think it has something to do with the fact that Geddy and Alex have always done the interviews and Neil has kept away. I'm sure they receive some form of pay for those and over 30+ years...

Then you have to consider that Geddy and Alex make money from sales of the first Rush record, while Neil would not.

THEN there's of course the fact that Geddy and Alex produce and do other things within the music community while Neil generally just sticks to Rush.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 9 2011, 10:50 AM)
Thats NOT a lot of money for as long as they have been around.
Consider Michael Jackson, who was worth 500 million.

Same Michael Jackson who died broke......he had to die to give his coffers a boost....still, Jumpin' Joe is STOKED.

For an act with negligible album sales outside of release week, that's a nice nest egg. And good luck to them.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 9 2011, 05:50 AM)

Exactly!!!

Although 22, or 28 million is a lot of money it's an amount that could be easily spent if things got out of control even a little. There are horror stories all over the place of athletes, or entertainers, or lottery winners who blow through their cash in no time just from lack of control.

On the other hand I was a little surprised at how little they actually are (might be) worth. I searched around that site for a while and was amazed at some of the supposed net worths of some of the people I looked up. Justin Bieber 65 million!!!?? I know he has been hocked to death to the public and he's just the celeb du jour but that's a ton of cash in almost no time. Kim Kardashian 35 million for doing nothing???!!! Lady (creature) Gaga 100 million??!!! Where the hell does the money come from??

I've always heard that touring and not record sales is where performers make their money and 2.gif has been touring on a huge scale for years especially in their first 2 decades. They own their publishing, I think, which is where a lot of money can be made, and they are still in heavy radio rotation all over the states and Canada so that has to amount to something.

Now I'm not saying they aren't worth crap, but at the same time one might figure compared to other long running performers they should be worth more based on what my earlier examples show. So would one consider they might be doing something wrong compared to their contemporaries? Or they were just too kind to those who were paying them by not getting more for their product? Or might it be that in the world of today, short lived fame really is where the money is so go grab it while you can?

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 9 2011, 11:50 AM)

Michael Jackson was far far bigger though - it's hardly a fair comparison.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 8 2011, 11:28 PM)

Drummers aren't musicians rofl3.gif

Well, Geddy is the singer, and Alex the guitarist...but I think Neil is a lot more famous as a drummer than Alex is as a guitarist. Generally, guitarists are the main one in generic rock. Look at Van Halen and Slash. I think Alex whoops them both, but Alex isn't famous because of Geddy and Neil. So I find it odd that Neil is the least and not Alex.

But I agree, they are all priceless to me yes.gif

Well add in that Alex owns a respectable bar and I believe he is a partial owner of some golf courses....

You guys and your stats. laugh.gif

If they saw that they'd probably laugh, joke/wonder where all those millions are (or were).

I wonder what my net worth is....on website x I bet it's about a buck fifty but on website y(yz) it's probably at least a quarter of a billion dollars wacko.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Apr 9 2011, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 9 2011, 05:50 AM)

Exactly!!!

Although 22, or 28 million is a lot of money it's an amount that could be easily spent if things got out of control even a little. There are horror stories all over the place of athletes, or entertainers, or lottery winners who blow through their cash in no time just from lack of control.

On the other hand I was a little surprised at how little they actually are (might be) worth. I searched around that site for a while and was amazed at some of the supposed net worths of some of the people I looked up. Justin Bieber 65 million!!!?? I know he has been hocked to death to the public and he's just the celeb du jour but that's a ton of cash in almost no time. Kim Kardashian 35 million for doing nothing???!!! Lady (creature) Gaga 100 million??!!! Where the hell does the money come from??

I've always heard that touring and not record sales is where performers make their money and 2.gif has been touring on a huge scale for years especially in their first 2 decades. They own their publishing, I think, which is where a lot of money can be made, and they are still in heavy radio rotation all over the states and Canada so that has to amount to something.

Now I'm not saying they aren't worth crap, but at the same time one might figure compared to other long running performers they should be worth more based on what my earlier examples show. So would one consider they might be doing something wrong compared to their contemporaries? Or they were just too kind to those who were paying them by not getting more for their product? Or might it be that in the world of today, short lived fame really is where the money is so go grab it while you can?

Remember: Rush's fan base is very small. Dedicated, but small. The amount of airplay they get, hence royalties; also small. This is comparatively speaking, of course. Also, the only thing they seem to endorse are music products, which may help explain other celebro-sicians inflated net worth.

In other words, assuming the figures are correct, it ain't chump change, but it would reasonably reflect a hard-working touring band's net worth over the span a career.

(maybe they lost a ton in the market) Also Michael Jackson was an anomaly.

QUOTE (tel @ Apr 9 2011, 04:42 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 9 2011, 01:16 AM)

He has 22 million and he worries he may run out of cash? b_sigh.gif

That may seem like a large amount of money (and it is to us), but if one likes to spend and has large finances, that can run out quick if the money doesn't keep coming in. That is how celebrities go broke so easily.....it all depends on the lifestyle you live.

Archived