The Royal Wedding - Do you care?

Mara

How interested are you in the upcoming Windsor nuptials?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How interested are you in the upcoming Windsor nuptials?

• Avid royal watcher, will be recording/watching every bit of coverage
    • Somewhat interested - will read news features on them, will probably watch bits & pieces of broadcast
    • Don't care - I wish them well, but not interested in their festivities, and other peoples' weddings are boring
    • I find the obsession with it annoying and actively avoid stories and features on Will & Kate
    • The British monarchy is a waste of air time, print media, & money; I wish they'd do away with it entirely (this option is included mainly for UK denizens and Canadians ;) )
    • I'm on the guest list/in the wedding party!

Okay, I confess to being moderately interested - but mainly from a historical perspective. Though I do think Kate's a sharp young lady and it does seem that she and Prince W. are better suited to each other than Charles & Diana.

I am recording the whole thing on BBCA, but only because my mom wants to see the uninterrupted footage. I'll watch bits and pieces but I'm not riveted to all the goings-on by any means. I don't get People magazine, don't watch the entertainment shows, and never click on the celebrity pages on the web (unless Rush get mentioned, so yeah, never). Probably why I haven't gotten sick of it - I'm just not that exposed to all the hype.

I don't care what fashion trends they are setting, or even anything about the wedding dress. I do, however, think the processionals with all the carriages, guards and whatnot are fabulous, and Westminster Cathedral is incredible.

The first go 'round with the monarch marrying the commoner? OK THAT deserved more than an "oh? something's happening"...and yes it was Diana who grew into a kind of social servant

this is just distraction and Diana's son growing up..wow

I am somewhat, but like Mara for more of a historical point of view. This is the future King and Queen of England. How often do you get to see a new King and Queen crowned. Granted it won't happen until QE is gone, but she is getting up there.

I watch whatever clips I see on the news or in a magazine but I won't record and watch the whole thing as so many people did when Diana and Charles wed.

But I agree with Mara that the pomp and circumstance is cool.

I do find it interesting from a historical perspective also.

I find it interesting, and I find myself liking this couple. I am somewhat amused by this as I consider both Diana and Charles to be complete twits.

I'm interested. I find them as a couple quite charming. I am interested in seeing her dress since I love fashion myself. Seeing a royal wedding in 2011, as Mara pointed out for historical nostalgia, is interesting to me as well.

Let's just say I'm way more interested in this "famous" wedding than, say, Hugh Hefner and his new blond 062802puke_prv.gif

Brit here,sorry but dont care for all this nonsensical pomp and pagentry

and as it gets closer i become more and more bored by the whole thing

I'm mildly interested. I am sorry poor Kate is being perceived as DIANA 2.0. She'll really have to do something to distinguish herself or just settle into that relatively large shadow.

I'm happy for Prince William, all grown up and all...we've witnessed him his whole life, seems appropriate to witness this as well. Not on an unending loop, but I sure would like to see the vows.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 29 2011, 10:27 AM)
I am somewhat, but like Mara for more of a historical point of view. This is the future King and Queen of England. How often do you get to see a new King and Queen crowned. Granted it won't happen until QE is gone, but she is getting up there.

Same reason for me plus I was only 10 months old during the Charles/Di wedding so I couldn't experience that.

I really can't think of much that I give less of a crap about.

Not so much because I'm sick of 'celeb goss' or similar, (although partly) but mostly because I freaking hate royals. Bunch of sheltered, inbred, blood-sport loving, idiots.

They have to bring a 'commoner' in every now and again to water down the blood line.

my interest in this = my interest in American Idol = my interest in listening to people bitch about Rush's latest setlist = my interest in visiting the dentist for fun = my interest in watching a Rosie O'Donnell XXX film

(sorry for being so vague)

I don't care about the personal lives of celebrities or politicians unless it's because they commited a crime (only applies to politicians). I wish everyone well, but I'm sure there's something more newsworthy going on in the world.

Annoyed...big time.

Up here (Canada), that seems to be all they talk about in the news.

I mean, really, you can't find more important news than this??

Thousands of people get married every week. Nobody is singing their praises on every news station.

They need to get a life...and find something useful to report on IMO.

I'll watch it. I have a soft spot for the oul Royals, as an Irishman I probably shouldn't, my views drive my more "republican" acquaintances potty. I'd miss them if they weren't around. Kate seems like a lovely young lady and I think they both sell a great image of Britain around the world.

It's like a posh soap opera. Mad Dad, Queen of hearts mom(deceased, but hovers over them like Banquo's ghost), useless brother, lilac uncle, useless uncle, cross gran, mad as a tree grandad, much missed sozzled and barmy great gran and a host of secondary basket cases. It's all mad stuff really. Love the pomp and pageantry. Great for the British economy too, paper & mag sales will soar, so ad revenues will rise, wedding tat, tourism will get a boost too....'tis all good.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 29 2011, 03:19 PM)
I'll watch it. I have a soft spot for the oul Royals, as an Irishman I probably shouldn't, my views drive my more "republican" acquaintances potty. I'd miss them if they weren't around. Kate seems like a lovely young lady and I think they both sell a great image of Britain around the world.

It's like a posh soap opera. Mad Dad, Queen of hearts mom(deceased, but hovers over them like Banquo's ghost), useless brother, lilac uncle, useless uncle, cross gran, mad as a tree grandad, much missed sozzled and barmy great gran and a host of secondary basket cases. It's all mad stuff really. Love the pomp and pageantry. Great for the British economy too, paper & mag sales will soar, so ad revenues will rise, wedding tat, tourism will get a boost too....'tis all good.

LOVED the late Queen Mum. She was a quick-witted trip. On one occasion Sir Noel Coward (very openly gay) was in attendance at some royal function; the Queen Mum noticed him eyeing the lineup of soldiers and told him, "Noel, I wouldn't if I were you - they count them before they put them out."

On another note - while I enjoy all the ceremony and history, there's a devilish side of me that thinks it would be a SCREAM if William and Kate left a hastily-scrawled message:

"Couldn't wait, got tired of the fuss and bother. Off to Las Vegas and the Elvis Chapel. Love to all, see you soon." - William & Kate

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 29 2011, 07:19 PM)
I'll watch it. I have a soft spot for the oul Royals, as an Irishman I probably shouldn't, my views drive my more "republican" acquaintances potty.

Feck! Well you can keep the owd bag when she's over in Dublin then. The only possible use for them is for a "Kick the Queen up the Arse" competition.

I hope the peeps who got to Big Ears and Horse Face's car try it on again on the Wedding Day. smile.gif

I'm waiting for the Royal sextape to get leaked.

Kate's going to be incredible me thinks.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 29 2011, 12:37 PM)
I really can't think of much that I give less of a crap about.
Not so much because I'm sick of 'celeb goss' or similar, (although partly) but mostly because I freaking hate royals. Bunch of sheltered, inbred, blood-sport loving, idiots.
They have to bring a 'commoner' in every now and again to water down the blood line.

Canuck here. I feel the same way. I believe they will be visiting Canada this year, sorry, but IMO our tax dollars could go to more important things.

people get married every day - big freakin' deal.

Same with the fascination with celebrity deaths, thousands die every day, many very tragically or young but everyone freaks out if someone famous dies. I just don't get it.

Archived