The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

I wonder how they´re gonna continue with the story after this DVD - the next part would have to address Adrian leaving, No Prayer, which most band members do not care much about, Bruce´s departure and the Blaze years. Any guesses to how they´ll do it? Here´s what I think:

Part IV - No Prayer to Donnington, with the Donnington DVD released;

Part v (AND LAST) - The Blaze Years and Bruce coming back, with a re-release of Rock in Rio.

Favorite song at the moment is Coming Home off of The Final Frontier.

I'm guessing you're new to Maiden then ;)

Coming Home is a very good song but they've got many that are better.

It was great hearing it played live. Dave Murray's solo was damn awesome :haz:

Favorite song at the moment is Coming Home off of The Final Frontier.

I'm guessing you're new to Maiden then ;)

Coming Home is a very good song but they've got many that are better.

It was great hearing it played live. Dave Murray's solo was damn awesome :haz:

Unfortunately, most of us in North America never had the opportunity to hear it live since they only did two shows down in Florida after the release of TFF. Yep, that was it for the North American tour. But we got the Maiden England 2012 tour before you guys in Europe did, so overall we win :ebert:

janick's a good guitarist, no doubt, but he is completely unnecessary for the band

Nah man, he's a terrible guitarist. Butchers every solo he plays, and never fit in with Maiden.

I mean he's good OUTSIDE of maiden

3 words:

Piece of Mind

Nothing like it

Probably my favorite Maiden album, definitely with Dickinson.

I'm mainly a fan through Powerslave. Some of the stuff after was ok but The Iron Maiden Powerslave tour kicked ass over any tour they did after. I still remember walking in the Cow Palace in the middle of Twisted Sisters set(Opening act for Maiden) laughing because they were getting booed so badly.

Man, I was in Hawaii and missed that Cow Palace show. I didn't get to see the Powerslave tour so I was glad for Somewhere Back In Time. I did see the Piece of Mind show there as well as Beast on The Road and Somewhere On Tour in Oakland.

Great stuff!

Man, I was in Hawaii and missed that Cow Palace show. I didn't get to see the Powerslave tour so I was glad for Somewhere Back In Time. I did see the Piece of Mind show there as well as Beast on The Road and Somewhere On Tour in Oakland.

Great stuff!

The funny thing is that's the only time I saw Maiden in their prime. I saw the tour last summer at Shoreline.

I'm sure you remember that the Powerslave Tour was used for the "Live after Death" album.

Edited by calirush

Maiden England DVD to be released 25th of March in UK (2nd of April in US, by the look of things)

This double-DVD edition of Maiden England '88 was filmed across two sold-out nights at Birmingham N.E.C Arena, UK in November 1988 during the band’s “Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son World Tour”. Disc one contains the concert which has been specially upgraded and extended from the existing 1989 longform VHS release to include three previously unreleased encores: "Running Free", "Run To The Hills" and "Sanctuary", thereby completing the full concert with a total running time of 110 minutes . Disc two is an extensive bonus disc featuring an exclusive documentary charting Part 3 in the History of Iron Maiden. This 40-minute film comprises recent interviews with the five band members and manager, Rod Smallwood. Picking up the story in the aftermath of the ‘84/85 World Slavery tour, this interesting and insightful documentary sees the band speak candidly about their memories of an exciting and occasionally turbulent period from which would emerge the albums Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. As the Eighties began to draw to a close, so did another chapter in Maiden’s compelling history.

Maiden England DVD to be released 25th of March in UK (2nd of April in US, by the look of things)

This double-DVD edition of Maiden England '88 was filmed across two sold-out nights at Birmingham N.E.C Arena, UK in November 1988 during the band’s “Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son World Tour”. Disc one contains the concert which has been specially upgraded and extended from the existing 1989 longform VHS release to include three previously unreleased encores: "Running Free", "Run To The Hills" and "Sanctuary", thereby completing the full concert with a total running time of 110 minutes . Disc two is an extensive bonus disc featuring an exclusive documentary charting Part 3 in the History of Iron Maiden. This 40-minute film comprises recent interviews with the five band members and manager, Rod Smallwood. Picking up the story in the aftermath of the ‘84/85 World Slavery tour, this interesting and insightful documentary sees the band speak candidly about their memories of an exciting and occasionally turbulent period from which would emerge the albums Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. As the Eighties began to draw to a close, so did another chapter in Maiden’s compelling history.

The doc will be interesting. I seriously lost interest during the 90s.

My random Maiden connection:

When Gilby and I got married we honeymooned at Tintern. The cottage we stayed in was right next door to the abbey ruins...

I found out after we got home that Tintern was where they filmed the video for Can I Play With Madness!!

When Gilby and I got married we honeymooned at Tintern. The cottage we stayed in was right next door to the abbey ruins...

I found out after we got home that Tintern was where they filmed the video for Can I Play With Madness!!

Cool! That's a funny video

• Like 1

Im wearing my Iron Maiden The Trooper shirt today for the first time in ages... Forgot how big it is on me!!
  • Like 1

Just curious... is anyone here a fan of Showtime's show Californication? At the end of each episode, there's usually a melancholy acoustic cover song playing. Watching last week's episode, I found myself singing the words, not really sure what the song was. So, I rewound it to listen again. Turns out, it was an acoustic cover of Maiden's "Wasted Years"! It was pretty cool.

Just curious... is anyone here a fan of Showtime's show Californication? At the end of each episode, there's usually a melancholy acoustic cover song playing. Watching last week's episode, I found myself singing the words, not really sure what the song was. So, I rewound it to listen again. Turns out, it was an acoustic cover of Maiden's "Wasted Years"! It was pretty cool.

Love that show, man...

Cool! That's a funny video

One of the last things Graham Chapman ever did!

• Like 1

Wow! He just turned 56 a few days ago. Sad news.