The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

Hey Maiden fans, is this NY poster new? It was just dropped into my email from a store. It has a Somewhere in Time feel which I used to love pouring over. That sure looks like Ozzy in the cab being driven by (beast) Eddie, I wonder where he's taking him to? :LOL:

http://i48.tinypic.com/rk34ew.jpg

They should have made that an album cover! Called the album "Somewhere in Times Square" and written a song called The Highwayman Taxi Driver! :blaze:

Hey Maiden fans, is this NY poster new? It was just dropped into my email from a store. It has a Somewhere in Time feel which I used to love pouring over. That sure looks like Ozzy in the cab being driven by (beast) Eddie, I wonder where he's taking him to? :LOL:

http://i48.tinypic.com/rk34ew.jpg

I'm 99 percent positive this was the special shirt they sold for their NYC area show on last summer's tour. Maiden makes special shirts for most of their tour stops. This one certainly seems like it would've been the New York City themed shirt.

When I saw them in Toronto last summer the special shirt there was of Eddie dressed as a Mountie riding a pissed off looking moose.

Edited by J2112YYZ

It's a cool idea, but the thing I don't like about it is that Eddie and the horse are much bigger than the cars...there's another poster of this tour- the one they started last year which is still ongoing - which is a variation on that theme, and they're both the size if a building...what's up with that?

Hello guys and gals! :hi:

So after a six year hiatus from the Gods Of Metal I'm back on the bandwagon!!

I spent yesterday putting our entire Maiden discography on iTunes and then on my iPhone. Them hubby very kindly went onto Amazon and bought the six albums we didn't have. Can't wait to get those and put them onto my phone!! :7up:

I feel like a newbie all over again! :D The music I've yet to discover!

My favourite track is Blood Brothers and in a salute to this and by way of celebrating my return I offer the En Vivo version on YouTube. :)

Rock on! :haz:

• Like 1

I spent yesterday putting our entire Maiden discography on iTunes and then on my iPhone. Them hubby very kindly went onto Amazon and bought the six albums we didn't have. Can't wait to get those and put them onto my phone!! :7up:

My favourite track is Blood Brothers and in a salute to this and by way of celebrating my return I offer the En Vivo version on YouTube. :)

http://youtu.be/7KV56kwxiHg

Welcome back to the Maiden family!!!

Blood Brothers is a great tune, love the lyrics in it. What Maiden albums are you missing?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but according to these two articles from Spain, Maiden England will be reissued on 2CD, 2DVD, and a limited edition picture disc 2LP on March 26th. I would've expected an announcement for this by now, but I guess take it for what it is. Personally, I think it'll most likely be release on the date that coincides with the start of the 2013 leg of the Maiden England tour, but if this is the actual release date, then I'd be very happy we're getting it sooner. Oh, and if no one knew already, the concert's gonna be restored so that the encores will be included (which were Run to the Hills, Running Free and Sanctuary).

http://www.europapre...0206174144.html

http://www.ironmaide...icia.php?id=989

So will this new DVD have the sequence to "The History of Iron Maiden"? They seem a bit erratic with this documentary- the first one came out in '04, the second one in '07, and we haven't heard anything about it since then. By the way, part II finishes at the end of the World Slavery Tour, so there's still plenty of ground to cover.

http://youtu.be/7KV56kwxiHg

Welcome back to the Maiden family!!!

Blood Brothers is a great tune, love the lyrics in it. What Maiden albums are you missing?

Thanks!! :hi: :cheers:

To finish the discography we ordered:

Iron Maiden

7th Son Of A Seventh Son

Virtual XI

Fear Of The Dark

X Factor

And Live After Death which hubby used to have on something called VHS... True dat. :)

So will this new DVD have the sequence to "The History of Iron Maiden"? They seem a bit erratic with this documentary- the first one came out in '04, the second one in '07, and we haven't heard anything about it since then. By the way, part II finishes at the end of the World Slavery Tour, so there's still plenty of ground to cover.

I can't see why they wouldn't continue The History of Iron Maiden for the Maiden England DVD. I think the whole thing with the History of Iron Maiden segments was to have it focus on the era it covers (ex. the first 4 albums with The Early Days, and Powerslave/World Slavery tour for the Live After Death DVD). I wonder if they will address Somewhere in Time in some way. As far as I know, the SiT tour was never professionally recorded in anyway save for the Stranger in a Strange Land video.

As for other bonus stuff, I can imagine them including segments from Donington '88 and the music videos for Seventh Son.

Edited by PolarizeMe

As much as I've been waiting for the original Maiden England to get a dvd release, after seeing the show last year I hope they release that one too! They were fukking unbelieveable!!!

Easily the best Maiden show/tour I've ever seen. That band operates on a completely other level. Fantastic.

I can't wait for this. Watch this and see once agian that they Don't need that Dancing Asshat Gers .
  • Like 1

I can't wait for this. Watch this and see once agian that they Don't need that Dancing Asshat Gers .

Poor ol'Janick, he does cop a lotta flack. Do most fans like his work with Bruce though?

I like it, but I think that's as far as it should have gone. They broke the mold when Adrian left, and we had to cope with this clown since then.

Poor ol'Janick, he does cop a lotta flack. Do most fans like his work with Bruce though?

He does Zero for me . Big fat waste of stage space

I hope they include a decent quality video of the time they all swapped instruments while miming on German TV. Classic

I hope they include a decent quality video of the time they all swapped instruments while miming on German TV. Classic

That was on the 12 Wasted Years VHS, right? Maybe it'll be one if the special features...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzqGQkLMo9o

That was on the 12 Wasted Years VHS, right? Maybe it'll be one if the special features...

12 Wasted Years is a bonus feature on the Maiden England DVD so you'll definitely see this on the DVD if that's the case.