The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 2 2012, 01:31 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 1 2012, 01:46 PM)
Shirts are always cheaper online because the f-n arena does not get their cut

I will never buy a fuckking Maiden shirt at an arena.

I have row H at the Shoreline on Friday. That's "H" for "Hallowed By Thy Name."

I can't fuckking wait!

MAIDEN RULES!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Hey bud, haven't seen you here in awhile. Just saw the show a couple weeks ago and they fukkin' killed it! Best maiden show I've seen- and I've seen a few. Great setlist! You won't be disappointed. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 1 2012, 03:46 PM)

yes.gif

When I do buy shirts now it's always from the bands web site. It still amazes me that the venue getting a cut of the merch sold has driven up the price so much though. Some shows I go to now the shirts are more espensive then the ticket and that should never be the case.

I saw Machine Head back in january here and they played a venue that had a 1,000 capacity. The tickets were only $20 but the lowest price shirt was $35 and there is just no way a shirt should costs that much more than the show. That's just one example, i've seen this a number of times now in recent years. At least with Maiden's higher ticket prices you never have to worry about paying more for the merch than the show.

Breaking the bank to buy tickets is fine and understandable. But you shouldn't be doing that in order to buy a tour shirt which is exactly what it's become if you get one at the venue.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 2 2012, 01:40 AM)

I can't fuckking wait!

MAIDEN RULES!!

Hey bud, haven't seen you here in awhile. Just saw the show a couple weeks ago and they fukkin' killed it! Best maiden show I've seen- and I've seen a few. Great setlist! You won't be disappointed. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I'm guessing he's been staying away to avoid the disturbing run of ongoing idiocy that has taken over the Rush related forums on this board lately laugh.gif

This subform still rules though 1022.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 1 2012, 11:40 PM)

I can't fuckking wait!

MAIDEN RULES!!

...........and the moon will be out(it woke me up this morning)!!! See you there Moonchild!........you Seventh Son of a................

QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 2 2012, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 3 2012, 09:48 AM)
I'm guessing he's been staying away to avoid the disturbing run of ongoing idiocy that has taken over the Rush related forums on this board lately

Like what?

Just a bunch of random uninteresting posts and constant bickering, especailly in the Clockwork Angels forum. Most of it is just unreadable for me right now. Not to mention how many thread themes get rebooted because of people starting threads for topics that have been discussed at length already. It just gets boring and repetative sometimes.

That's the reason I post in Music Of The Spheres so much. There's always good discussions going on and people aren't fighting each other like in the Rush related forums.

Looking forward to seeing Steve Harris on That Metal Show. Of course Eddie Trunk will probably ruin the interview since he'll probably just talk about TNOTB because that's where he thinks Maiden ended laugh.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 4 2012, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 2 2012, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 3 2012, 09:48 AM)
I'm guessing he's been staying away to avoid the disturbing run of ongoing idiocy that has taken over the Rush related forums on this board lately

Like what?

Just a bunch of random uninteresting posts and constant bickering, especailly in the Clockwork Angels forum. Most of it is just unreadable for me right now. Not to mention how many thread themes get rebooted because of people starting threads for topics that have been discussed at length already. It just gets boring and repetative sometimes.

That's the reason I post in Music Of The Spheres so much. There's always good discussions going on and people aren't fighting each other like in the Rush related forums.

Looking forward to seeing Steve Harris on That Metal Show. Of course Eddie Trunk will probably ruin the interview since he'll probably just talk about TNOTB because that's where he thinks Maiden ended laugh.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 7 2012, 06:11 AM)
Sorry if I'm the last person in the world to know about this....

Steve Harris debut solo album?

Sounds promising!

http://www.steveharrisbritishlion.com/

There was a thread made about this last month when it was first announced. Should be interesting.

I would like to wish a happy 54th birthday to Bruce Dickinson today trink39.gif

QUOTE (Scottjf8 @ Aug 9 2012, 10:04 PM)
Spoiler alert about the set

Watching the Adrian Smith TMS and he commented about "there's some songs we have to play, like Hallowed...." yet they're not playing it...

It's my favorite Maiden tune, but they have played it every tour since 1982- but it was weird not hearing it. The fukking title track more than made up for it though. They killed it! It sounded even better than it did on the ssoass tour.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 9 2012, 11:40 PM)
Based on their video diaries, they're recording the shows. Hopefully they release it. It'd be nice to own a piece of the greatest show I've ever seen.

Man, I was hoping they would film this tour. I've seen Maiden a bunch over the years, and this show was the best I've seen! Awesome stage show and great setlist. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 10 2012, 01:49 AM)
Based on their video diaries, they're recording the shows. Hopefully they release it. It'd be nice to own a piece of the greatest show I've ever seen.

Man, I was hoping they would film this tour. I've seen Maiden a bunch over the years, and this show was the best I've seen! Awesome stage show and great setlist. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I don't care if they don't use my show. The shows are so top notch it'll be special no matter what.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 10 2012, 12:56 AM)

I don't care if they don't use my show. The shows are so top notch it'll be special no matter what.

The Darien Lake show right? It's a miracle they even played there- they haven't been in my neck of the woods in years. It was nice not having to go to Toronto and NYC this time around. Got a little off topic there- no chance they'll release that show on dvd.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 10 2012, 02:05 AM)

The Darien Lake show right? It's a miracle they even played there- they haven't been in my neck of the woods in years. It was nice not having to go to Toronto and NYC this time around. Got a little off topic there- no chance they'll release that show on dvd.

Oh not a chance. They only had 2-3 cameras working that night. But they did record a few shows earlier that were in HD

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 10 2012, 01:09 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 10 2012, 02:05 AM)

Oh not a chance. They only had 2-3 cameras working that night. But they did record a few shows earlier that were in HD

I was at the show in Toronto where Hallowed Be Thy Name was filmed for the Flight 666 film- I think that's the closest I'll ever come to being at a fimed Maiden show. wink.gif

QUOTE (Scottjf8 @ Aug 9 2012, 10:04 PM)
Spoiler alert about the set

Watching the Adrian Smith TMS and he commented about "there's some songs we have to play, like Hallowed...." yet they're not playing it...

You don't need to have spolier alerts, everyone who regularly posts in this thread knows the set by now laugh.gif

That interview was taped months before the tour started and the band changed their mind after rehearsals and dropped the song. Nicko said in an interview after the tour started that Hallowed and Infinite Dreams were in the original setlist but the band felt it was gonna be too vocally demanding for Bruce to sing that particular set on a nightly basis. So as a favor to Bruce the band decided to not do Hallowed and Infinite Dreams and play ATSS and Running Free instead as a way to give Bruce a break vocally each night. It was the right choice since one look at that set will tell you that it would've been hard for him to sing each night without a few songs where he doesn't have to try that hard vocally.

The set and performance was so good that I didn't even miss Hallowed the two times I saw them last month. Over the last decade just about every staple, except FOTD and Iron Maiden have been dropped for a tour or two. If songs like TNOTB, RTTH, Trooper and 2 Minutes To Midnight can be dropped sometimes than there's no reason Hallowed should be an exception. This is the first time in 30 years it's been dropped, i'm sure it will be back next tour. I look at it like this, they dropped Hallowed and are doing 7th Son instead. Not a bad trade at all 1022.gif

They should have dropped FOTD, boring...............and put in T Clansman or so.....................HBTN is overplayed so didn't miss it..........definiately enjoyed ATSS.............but they should have played ID along with The Prophecy, which rules!