1. 1. Vote according to how you feel.

• Rush>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else
    • Rush and favorite bands/songs>everything else
    • Most Rush>>>>>Bad Rush songs>>>>everything else
    • Some Rush>other favorites>>>>everything else
    • Other favorites>Rush>>>everything else
    • Other favorites>>>>>>Rush>>>>>everything else
    • Other favorites>>>>everything else>>>>>>Rush

Here are my all time favorite bands and the only rank that never changes is #1 the rest are how I feel at this very moment. I will list 10 bands.

1) Rush

2) Porcupine Tree

3) Pink Floyd

4) Led Zeppelin

5) Iron Maiden

6) Queensryche

7) Yes

8) The Black Crowes

9) Dream Theatre

10) Live

QUOTE (Todem @ Dec 1 2010, 03:54 PM)
Here are my all time favorite bands and the only rank that never changes is #1 the rest are how I feel at this very moment. I will list 10 bands.

1) Rush
2) Porcupine Tree
3) Pink Floyd
4) Led Zeppelin
5) Iron Maiden
6) Queensryche
7) Yes
8) The Black Crowes
9) Dream Theatre
10) Live

Heck yeah!

Queensryche, Maiden, live!

oh YEAH!!!!!!!!!!1 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 1 2010, 03:02 PM)
Other favorites>Rush>>>everything else

This option, as Kings X are my favourite bans, and also possibly The Wildhearts.

Rush are right up there though.

bans?

When Rush were good, they were very, very good and as a teenager they were "my" band - once I'd gone through The Sweet, Queen, Led Zep and Duh Sabs - because they were still on the up at the time.

But there's still waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much music out there that I have to get a hold of.

I must say though that King's X are remarkably OK, but I doubt there is enough critical mass out there to support a decent forum.

This poll is hard for me because I love so many different types of music.

In terms of rock (and I mean all rock -- progressive rock, alt. rock, hard rock, rock-rock) Rush owns 'em all for me. But I do really, really like Queen and REO Speedwagon, along with a couple other bands. But because Rush has such a wide variety of music that's been constantly changing, they make for the best addition on my MP3 player.

However, the other half of my gigabytes are taken up by music by various "foreign artists" (i.e. Origa (Russia), Caramell (Sweden), and Gackt (Japan)), jazz (Frank Sinatra, Harry Connick Jr., and Charlie Parker, along with a few other people), popular dance music (Lady Gaga, Cascada, DHT), some Rap and Hip-hop (various artist.. y'know, whatever catches my fancy), musicals (yes, really)...

The list could go on forever. There are some aspects of Rush I just love to death, but I can't compare them to the other artists and bands I enjoy. I could be singing "Bad Romance" one minute, "Fly Me to the Moon" the next, and attempting "2112" after that.

And I like all of Rush ('cept maybe that first album and most of Caress of Steel). Yes, even Vapor Trails and Hold Your Fire and Snakes & Arrows. Shall I now steel myself from the incoming red tomatoes? tongue.gif

My Top 5 according to Last.fm:

Rush - 1,727 plays

Porcupine Tree - 1,580

Guillemots - 432

Emery - 353

King Crimson - 254

Total Plays: 10,002

So, while Rush and PT dominate, other bands do get some play time.

So I voted some Rush > Other Favorites > Everything Else

I went with "Rush and favorite bands/songs" better than everything else. I have a few other bands I like a lot. I have a couple bands I like better than Rush. I am a relatively new Rush fan (began hearing and liking their music about 5 years ago). But definitely the best concert I have been to this year. Love the lyrics, love the music, love them...but my absolute favorite band is Queen.

The second option is the one that made the most sense to me. I love Genesis as much as I love Rush. Most of my favorites are of the Prog persuasion but I like all kinds of music (except opera and C&W). Right now, Rush is my main obsession because I'm catching up on lost time....

There is Rush and then there is everyone else. No other band in my world has consistently produced so many quality pieces of work.

With the exception of Jim Neighbors of course.

Just kidding. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Archived