OMG PLEASE do NOT sing during______

Perhaps some of you are seeing a different band than I am? confused13.gif Are these people singing four inches from your ear? Unless they are, you either must have AMAZING hearing or they must have AMAZING pipes to drown out....or even compete with....the volume that RUSH gives you. Someone is singing louder than a miked & amped Geddy at 10,000 watts? WOW!

I did like how many people around me got into the opening of Witch Hunt, "BURN HER!" from behind me - "KILL THE WITCH!" from the side. Loved it!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mills1988 @ Jul 5 2010, 04:51 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jul 4 2010, 10:57 PM)
Sorry guys, but I'm definitely gunna sing every word to every song, and I'm going to scream and have fun.

It's a rock concert, I paid my money I'm gunna have fun.

I'm not going to be drunken or intrusive. I'm going to keep to my space, but for god's sake it is a rock concert. I'm not going to sit calm and quiet like I'm at an opera.

I agree! It's no opera.

Go see Jethro Tull.. That will fix you. You sit and he don't like yelling and whistling.

I sing to all the songs, not load but I do sing, my Bro from Toronto said gads you know all the words don't you? YEP Sir I said..

I dance up a storm sing and play the air.. I'll have a blast period.

I do dislike the LOAD of key singing and the talking just kills me, watch the show for gads sake.. If you want to just sit there or sleep, be my guest....

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jul 4 2010, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 4 2010, 09:35 PM)
Seems like I always get stuck next to people who sing really loudly and really badly.  angry.gif
I paid to hear Rush, not your drunken warblings.  Shut up.

The same thing happens to me. One of the girls I went to a show with once confronted a guy with "Do you like the way they sing this song?" When he said of course, they are the best, she replied with, "Great, then shut the f*** up and let them." I thought it was pretty funny and wished that I had the chutzpah she had.

I'd drop the C-bomb on her before she finished her sentence.

QUOTE (J0N @ Jul 5 2010, 06:36 AM)
Complaining about peoples over enthusiasm at gigs is nearly as bad as people complaining about the lack of enthuasiasm from others.

no, it's not son.

when people ruin things for others, it's just down right rude.

now- go do your summer reading. cat.gif

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jul 4 2010, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 4 2010, 09:35 PM)
Seems like I always get stuck next to people who sing really loudly and really badly.  angry.gif
I paid to hear Rush, not your drunken warblings.  Shut up.

The same thing happens to me. One of the girls I went to a show with once confronted a guy with "Do you like the way they sing this song?" When he said of course, they are the best, she replied with, "Great, then shut the f*** up and let them." I thought it was pretty funny and wished that I had the chutzpah she had.

z7shysterical.gif

Great posts by the both of you. biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (J0N @ Jul 5 2010, 04:36 AM)
Complaining about peoples over enthusiasm at gigs is nearly as bad as people complaining about the lack of enthuasiasm from others.

Interesting JON. Then where does one find middle ground?

In "Middletown Dreams?"

Another thing I hate is when people clap on 1 and 3, rather than on 2 and 4.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 5 2010, 01:15 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 5 2010, 01:08 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 5 2010, 12:06 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 5 2010, 12:36 AM)
Wow! You "don't sing loudly or badly, please," people would have HA-T-ED to have been within 5 rows of me and GG during the OK City show for the last tour. We were loud, and annoying, and had the best time of our lives. And, I refuse to apologize for my over-enjoyment when I'm at a Rush show. I am an UBER fan, and I don't need to "tone it down" for anything. Come on....!!!!! These are my guys!!! Imagine being at a football game (or whatever your sport passion is) and having the guy behind you saying, "Excuse me, keep your enthusiasm to a minimum, please. You are inhibiting my enjoyment of our team kicking ass."

The problem is, its hard to enjoy music when someone who is nearly tone-deaf is screaming in your ear. Im not trying to be a kill joy here - but it is a concert and screaming of the like that was in the OPs clip would take the enjoyment out of hearing the song to me.

In your analogy, itd be like an enthused fan behind me putting his hands over my eyes during a touchdown....

Ok. Well. Whatever. I'm just sayin'...

I wouldn't EVER cover a person's eyes during a touchdown, by the way. That's just mean and uncalled for. I do have my standards, sir.

trink39.gif

But I will say this - I will take enthused screaming over someone standing mute and motionless or worse SITTING during the show (esp towards front). Ive seen people standing like statues at shows and wonder why they bother!

Well now wait a minute. You're saying that it bothers you when someone sits at a Rush concert? That's ridiculous. My father loves Rush and really enjoys going to the concerts, but guess what..he SITS for the entire show and watches them perform. He doesn't stand up and scream and yell and freak out, that's not the kind of person he is. Doesn't mean he's not totally loving the show...and it sure as hell should NOT bother you!

I tend to sit down for a little while during the concerts, too. Not because I'm bored or disliking the song, because my feet hurt and I want a rest. Big deal. I can still hear. Most of the time if I'm sitting, it's because the people behind me are sitting, and I don't want to be rude or discourteous to them since I'm very tall. But ya know what? I don't mind.

Sorry :rantoff:

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 5 2010, 06:34 PM)
Wow! You "don't sing loudly or badly, please," people would have HA-T-ED to have been within 5 rows of me and GG during the OK City show for the last tour. We were loud, and annoying, and had the best time of our lives. And, I refuse to apologize for my over-enjoyment when I'm at a Rush show. I am an UBER fan, and I don't need to "tone it down" for anything. Come on....!!!!! These are my guys!!! Imagine being at a football game (or whatever your sport passion is) and having the guy behind you saying, "Excuse me, keep your enthusiasm to a minimum, please. You are inhibiting my enjoyment of our team kicking ass."

The problem is, its hard to enjoy music when someone who is nearly tone-deaf is screaming in your ear. Im not trying to be a kill joy here - but it is a concert and screaming of the like that was in the OPs clip would take the enjoyment out of hearing the song to me.

In your analogy, itd be like an enthused fan behind me putting his hands over my eyes during a touchdown....

I wouldn't EVER cover a person's eyes during a touchdown, by the way. That's just mean and uncalled for. I do have my standards, sir.

trink39.gif

But I will say this - I will take enthused screaming over someone standing mute and motionless or worse SITTING during the show (esp towards front). Ive seen people standing like statues at shows and wonder why they bother!

Well now wait a minute. You're saying that it bothers you when someone sits at a Rush concert? That's ridiculous. My father loves Rush and really enjoys going to the concerts, but guess what..he SITS for the entire show and watches them perform. He doesn't stand up and scream and yell and freak out, that's not the kind of person he is. Doesn't mean he's not totally loving the show...and it sure as hell should NOT bother you!

I tend to sit down for a little while during the concerts, too. Not because I'm bored or disliking the song, because my feet hurt and I want a rest. Big deal. I can still hear. Most of the time if I'm sitting, it's because the people behind me are sitting, and I don't want to be rude or discourteous to them since I'm very tall. But ya know what? I don't mind.

:::shaking fist::: Don't make me love you, dammit! I'm already married!!!!

I sing, but I have been told that I have a pretty good voice, so I figure that I am not one of the annoying ones!

I think I get annoying when I stop singing and start yelling, "I love you GEDDY! MARRY ME!!"

Yeah...my husband gets annoyed. Don't know why... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 5 2010, 09:34 PM)

trink39.gif

Agreed on the sitting. Sometimes these people are just enraptured by the experience. Struck motionless, as it were.

Now if they are sitting there, chin in hand, rolling their eyes every tenth measure, or playing games/texting the whole time - different story. Someone posted a picture of this chick from the 2008 tour and you could tell she was super bored and couldn't wait for the show to end. Bitch had a great seat, too.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 4 2010, 09:34 PM)
common001.gif please if you can help it, do not sing like these folks during the camera eye and ruin it for me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YJ6bhl0J_Y
listen in around 2:40  and 4:11,  6:30 062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif

i mean it was cool and all when the rio crowd "sung" to YYZ on the rio dvd, but if you can help it, maybe just air guitar during the camera eye?? please?  at least next friday @ sarnia. dazed025.gif

sing all you want during lyrics...quietly biggrin.gif

Personally for me that was the best part of that video, the people actually opening up and having a good time, instead of all just standing around like a bunch of silent robots.

I cant relate to most of the people that go to rush shows. Many of them are older than me, and when I see Rush I just want to go nuts and have a great f***ing time. Half of these people stand around doing nothing.

When I heard them all singing like that it gets me excited.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 5 2010, 09:34 PM)

trink39.gif

I should have been more precise. I was speaking of getting weirded out by people sitting in amongst an entirely standing portion of the audience.. seems weird.

After Iron Maiden in July, I won't have a voice until Christmas. If I unexpectedly recover by September, I will SCREAM and SING my arse off for RUSH in PITT and DC as well!

My thinking here is if folks are bothered by singing and screaming fans, wait for the DVD. There one can sit down on a nice comfy couch and pop bon-bons without distraction.

Drunken slobs who continuously invade your space and hit you with their elbows is an entirely different issue...

2.gif

Edited by drgrendel

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 5 2010, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (J0N @ Jul 5 2010, 06:36 AM)

no, it's not son.

when people ruin things for others, it's just down right rude.

now- go do your summer reading. cat.gif

Well, its annoying when people are singing terribly nearby, but unless they're bashing into you or something, you can't really hold it against them.

The entire crowd, really into it and singing as a group = high energy and tons of fun.

One person next to you, with a loud off-key voice right in your ear = annoying distraction

I'm all for singing at shows. If you can hear your seat neighbor, the band isn't playing loud enough. Simple.

Rush shows are too soft for my ears. On S&A I could have a regular volume conversation with my friend during any given song and we weren't on the lawn either.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 6 2010, 07:55 AM)
I'm all for singing at shows.  If you can hear your seat neighbor, the band isn't playing loud enough. Simple..

In this You-Tube clip of TCE, yes.gif the crowd was detracting from the song in those paticular low volume passage's. I'm pretty much with Presto-, if the show is loud enough it's no problem.

I'm just glad 2.gif doesn't encourage the crowd to sing their songs for them like most groups do. 062802puke_prv.gif

Okay, now I've heard everything. facepalm.gif

Here is the TRF-approved Rush concert audience: quiet, polite, and seated...

http://th261.photobucket.com/albums/ii61/Angellee32/angeldust/i%20loveee/th_Clapping-MontyPythonApplause.gif

facepalm.gif

And PLease folks...please....NO LOUD FARTING at the shows.....it creates bad odors....it is distracting from the performance and can ruin people's concert experience...so please...NO LOUD FARTS!!!

http://thechaly.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/694850_fart_forbidden_zone.jpg

Edited by druid13

QUOTE (druid13 @ Jul 6 2010, 04:27 PM)
And PLease folks...please....NO LOUD FARTING at the shows.....it creates bad odors....it is distracting from the performance and can ruin people's concert experience...so please...NO LOUD FARTS!!!
http://thechaly.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/694850_fart_forbidden_zone.jpg

(doing my best Kramer imitation) "I'm Out!"

2.gif