OMG PLEASE do NOT sing during______

common001.gif please if you can help it, do not sing like these folks during the camera eye and ruin it for me!!

listen in around 2:40 and 4:11, 6:30 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

i mean it was cool and all when the rio crowd "sung" to YYZ on the rio dvd, but if you can help it, maybe just air guitar during the camera eye?? please? at least next friday @ sarnia. dazed025.gif

sing all you want during lyrics...quietly biggrin.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like I always get stuck next to people who sing really loudly and really badly. angry.gif

I paid to hear Rush, not your drunken warblings. Shut up.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 4 2010, 09:35 PM)
Seems like I always get stuck next to people who sing really loudly and really badly. angry.gif
I paid to hear Rush, not your drunken warblings. Shut up.

The same thing happens to me. One of the girls I went to a show with once confronted a guy with "Do you like the way they sing this song?" When he said of course, they are the best, she replied with, "Great, then shut the f*** up and let them." I thought it was pretty funny and wished that I had the chutzpah she had.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 4 2010, 10:34 PM)
common001.gif please if you can help it, do not sing like these folks during the camera eye and ruin it for me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YJ6bhl0J_Y
listen in around 2:40 and 4:11, 6:30 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

i mean it was cool and all when the rio crowd "sung" to YYZ on the rio dvd, but if you can help it, maybe just air guitar during the camera eye?? please? at least next friday @ sarnia. dazed025.gif

thats f-cking hilarious.. man that is just wrong..

whooooaaaaooooooaoaoooooooooooo!!!!!!

Sorry guys, but I'm definitely gunna sing every word to every song, and I'm going to scream and have fun.

It's a rock concert, I paid my money I'm gunna have fun.

I'm not going to be drunken or intrusive. I'm going to keep to my space, but for god's sake it is a rock concert. I'm not going to sit calm and quiet like I'm at an opera.

Don't get me wrong - I don't mind people singing along - I really don't. But when someone's REALLY loud, and SO off-key, and I can hear them over the band (that takes some doing), then no.

I can't sing my way out of a paper bag. I know this about myself, so I don't subject anyone to that. I lip-synch like mad and fist-pump and air-drum and all that.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 5 2010, 12:01 AM)
Don't get me wrong - I don't mind people singing along - I really don't. But when someone's REALLY loud, and SO off-key, and I can hear them over the band (that takes some doing), then no.

I can't sing my way out of a paper bag. I know this about myself, so I don't subject anyone to that. I lip-synch like mad and fist-pump and air-drum and all that.

I mind. Im no crab but wailing away with your voice to the tune of the guitars ruins the enjoyment of the show. Cheer, but dont fill the air with auditory dung. laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jul 4 2010, 11:57 PM)
Sorry guys, but I'm definitely gunna sing every word to every song, and I'm going to scream and have fun.

I'm not going to be drunken or intrusive. I'm going to keep to my space, but for god's sake it is a rock concert. I'm not going to sit calm and quiet like I'm at an opera.

This.

Wow! You "don't sing loudly or badly, please," people would have HA-T-ED to have been within 5 rows of me and GG during the OK City show for the last tour. We were loud, and annoying, and had the best time of our lives. And, I refuse to apologize for my over-enjoyment when I'm at a Rush show. I am an UBER fan, and I don't need to "tone it down" for anything. Come on....!!!!! These are my guys!!! Imagine being at a football game (or whatever your sport passion is) and having the guy behind you saying, "Excuse me, keep your enthusiasm to a minimum, please. You are inhibiting my enjoyment of our team kicking ass."

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 4 2010, 07:34 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YJ6bhl0J_Y

Wow! Luckily when I was there I didn't hear it or maybe I just tuned it out.

I was in section 103 row T.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 5 2010, 12:36 AM)
Wow! You "don't sing loudly or badly, please," people would have HA-T-ED to have been within 5 rows of me and GG during the OK City show for the last tour. We were loud, and annoying, and had the best time of our lives. And, I refuse to apologize for my over-enjoyment when I'm at a Rush show. I am an UBER fan, and I don't need to "tone it down" for anything. Come on....!!!!! These are my guys!!! Imagine being at a football game (or whatever your sport passion is) and having the guy behind you saying, "Excuse me, keep your enthusiasm to a minimum, please. You are inhibiting my enjoyment of our team kicking ass."

The problem is, its hard to enjoy music when someone who is nearly tone-deaf is screaming in your ear. Im not trying to be a kill joy here - but it is a concert and screaming of the like that was in the OPs clip would take the enjoyment out of hearing the song to me.

In your analogy, itd be like an enthused fan behind me putting his hands over my eyes during a touchdown....

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 5 2010, 12:06 AM)

The problem is, its hard to enjoy music when someone who is nearly tone-deaf is screaming in your ear. Im not trying to be a kill joy here - but it is a concert and screaming of the like that was in the OPs clip would take the enjoyment out of hearing the song to me.

In your analogy, itd be like an enthused fan behind me putting his hands over my eyes during a touchdown....

Ok. Well. Whatever. I'm just sayin'...

I wouldn't EVER cover a person's eyes during a touchdown, by the way. That's just mean and uncalled for. I do have my standards, sir.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 5 2010, 01:08 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 5 2010, 12:06 AM)

Ok. Well. Whatever. I'm just sayin'...

I wouldn't EVER cover a person's eyes during a touchdown, by the way. That's just mean and uncalled for. I do have my standards, sir.

trink39.gif

But I will say this - I will take enthused screaming over someone standing mute and motionless or worse SITTING during the show (esp towards front). Ive seen people standing like statues at shows and wonder why they bother!

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 4 2010, 10:06 PM)

Yeah in the end, it is what it is.

It actually is nice to see people around you having a great time while listening to the music.

I've seen it all at concerts in general throughout my life.

Just grin and bear it and have a good time.

Life is too dam short.

I'm going to go to as many Rush shows that I possibly can in my life.

If people around me are annoying, well, I will get make the best out of it.

Hence, the "Best I Can."

When the hell will Rush play anything off of "Fly By Night" besides "By-Tor?"

Sorry, that bit of "Anthem" on the R30 doesn't count.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 4 2010, 11:10 PM)
If I'm standing quietly it's because I'm watching the band and taking in the experience. It's not because I'm bored or disinterested.

I do that too dude.

I used to air drum and be insane at shows, but over time I prefer to simply stand and observe.

Can't really blame it on old age, I'm still "Young At Heart."

It's just nice to absorb the "Reality Of My Surroundings."

Love,

FISHBONE

1022.gif

I'd rather hear people singing to the lyrics than hear them talking over the songs...but it is, admittedly, annoying when people are singing off-key or are air-drumming well into your personal space. Or if they're standing up all the time (I'm only 5' 1 1/2" tall).

Or when they're puking on your shoes. laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jul 4 2010, 10:57 PM)

I agree! It's no opera.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 5 2010, 12:15 AM)

trink39.gif

But I will say this - I will take enthused screaming over someone standing mute and motionless or worse SITTING during the show (esp towards front). Ive seen people standing like statues at shows and wonder why they bother!

Oh yeah.

I was beside a pair of those people last time.

Freakin' stoic, those two.

The only indication that they weren't actually made of stone was the occasional look...

Like they were annoyed that I was having a BLAST while they stood stone-still the entire time.

Geeze...

yeah. Why bother?

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jul 4 2010, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 4 2010, 09:35 PM)
Seems like I always get stuck next to people who sing really loudly and really badly.  angry.gif
I paid to hear Rush, not your drunken warblings.  Shut up.

The same thing happens to me. One of the girls I went to a show with once confronted a guy with "Do you like the way they sing this song?" When he said of course, they are the best, she replied with, "Great, then shut the f*** up and let them." I thought it was pretty funny and wished that I had the chutzpah she had.

It helps them have the balls to say things like that when they're women. I mean who's gonna' hit a woman, right? ph34r.gif

And as annoying as the singing for this part of TCE is, you have to remember that we're hearing it from an audience's vantage point. I'm sure a "real" recorded RUSH video through the PA / sound system would get rid of a lot or most of it.