OMG PLEASE do NOT sing during______

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 5 2010, 12:36 AM)
Wow! You "don't sing loudly or badly, please," people would have HA-T-ED to have been within 5 rows of me and GG during the OK City show for the last tour. We were loud, and annoying, and had the best time of our lives. And, I refuse to apologize for my over-enjoyment when I'm at a Rush show. I am an UBER fan, and I don't need to "tone it down" for anything. Come on....!!!!! These are my guys!!! Imagine being at a football game (or whatever your sport passion is) and having the guy behind you saying, "Excuse me, keep your enthusiasm to a minimum, please. You are inhibiting my enjoyment of our team kicking ass."

EXACTLY!!! goodpost.gif

Soooo help the person that tells me to quiet down or stop head banging my long hair all over the place. TOOOOOOOO freakin' bad. I wait to go to shows and have a good time. You want peace... put a dvd on at your house.

Woulda' loved to see the show with you Sully. You'd fit right in with our group at PNC each year. yes.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say there's a nice middle-ground, but I really don't think there is. I hear shows in the UK are more reserved than in the US so my experiences are probably a little different. A little headbanging and singing didn't hurt anyone. At the R30 show the people behind us asked security to get us to sit down, which was ridiculous given the block they were in were standing (we were slightly infront of them on a strip of seats on our own, hard to explain). No way was I going to be sitting stroking my chin at a Rush show. Being curteous for the drum solo is fine, but getting pissy after 30 seconds of the intro song?! But other than standing up, me and the family were doing nothing anti-social. I did the same for Muse at the 02. Stood up first regardless of who was behind me, considering the whole arena was stood, and grooved away in my own little space.

The OP reminds me of some people who were apparently in the pit for a Biffy Clyro show. I was only told this afterwards, but these people didn't like me moshing, when they'd entered the mosh pit of their own accord. Mosh pits are for moshing. If you're going to get tickets nearer the front for a band, likelihood is you'll be with the 'diehards' who want to enjoy the show in their own way.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 5 2010, 01:16 AM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 4 2010, 11:10 PM)
If I'm standing quietly it's because I'm watching the band and taking in the experience. It's not because I'm bored or disinterested.

I do that too dude.

I used to air drum and be insane at shows, but over time I prefer to simply stand and observe.

Can't really blame it on old age, I'm still "Young At Heart."

It's just nice to absorb the "Reality Of My Surroundings."

Love,

FISHBONE

1022.gif

I play bass the same way. Worked for Entwistle.

To assume that someone "just standing there" is not having the time of their life is just silly. I take in the whole sodding show. I sing some, tap the beat on the seats or my leg and keep time to the music, or I just stand there amazed. Like I did watching the giant metal spider looking light rig flying above the stage....amazing!

And since singing is a hot button in this thread, I sing loud enough to sing, but not so loud as to disturb others as I can't carry a tune in a bucket!

I was also people watching. We had the aging drunk rock chick next to us (really! a real, live good looking woman at a Rush show!)

Then there was the seat hopper with his ticket on the other side of us. 1seat yet he has his lady with him standing in the space of one seat. Him behind, her in front, they then went to the row in front of us where there were 3 empty seats. After intermission they show back up with her brother...3 interlopers. But funny was right in front of them. We had, big fat drunk as hell air guitar guy. He was so wild he was literally hitting people around him!

I did the jump around and overindulge thing as a much younger man. Missed a lot of great shows due to alcohol induced brain wipe. I was there, but I don't remember a thing! Coulda took the ticket money and wiped my bottom with it. Would have more enjoyment and would have at least remembered flushing 30 - 50 bucks!

Everyone should be able to enjoy the show in a fashion they like, as long as they are not beating on others (mosh pit not included of course)

Edited by ProfGumby