What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Went to a cadaver lab with the Anatomy class today.. So epic! It smelled terrible in there, but it was so neat to actually get to be up close to real human bodies. They even had the skin and adipose pulled away so we could see the organs underneath.. I held a human heart. A REAL HUMAN HEART. It's a surreal feeling.

...It was kind of gross, to be honest, but what an experience. They had five corpses and then a few brains. Not exactly a trip for the weak-stomached, though! (On the contrary, I was starving by the time we got back to school.)

Basically, hurrah for going to a school right next to a medical university.

New computer here at work - the monitor is huge. I think I can do air traffic controling as a second job on this thing...

I was in a real crappy mood at work because I still have heard nothing about why I haven't gotten the raise I was supposed to get a month and a half ago, and then someone called in sick with the lamest excuse (and they don't send us any help when this happens).

I called the next woman in line and while I'm putting her transaction through, she's looking at this Christmas decoration I have that's a clothesline with all the parts of Santa's suit hung up on it. She asks, "Where's the naked Santa"? I do a double-take 'cause I so didn't expect this out of an elderly lady (my bad for stereotyping), then can barely hold myself back from cracking up laughing as I tell her I have to keep things family friendly. "Family friendly", she nods along mischeivously as I'm telling her.

What a great answer to my musings last night on how I was gonna get through another day at work without my anger getting me in trouble. Sometimes customers can be the challenge themselves, but sometimes they make it all worthwhile, or even save your butt!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 3 2010, 06:10 PM)
Listening to my son drumming the hell out of "One Little Victory."

1022.gif

Cool, GG! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Any chance of seeing some vid of him playing?

My day was made by a thoughtful friend. Thanks, J. You're the bestest. hug2.gif

Dad picked up a Grace Under Pressure CD and surprised me with it. Of course, it'll stay in his car, but I ripped it onto my computer. Was a great thing, since we only have his vinyl and no equipment to transfer it to a digital format.

One more record in the PC! 8D

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 4 2010, 07:34 PM)

1022.gif

Cool, GG! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Any chance of seeing some vid of him playing?

I hope so...if he'll let me. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 4 2010, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 4 2010, 07:34 PM)

1022.gif

I hope so...if he'll let me. smile.gif

Oh, I know how that is. I need to find a way to sneak some video of Patrick. I think our boys might need to find a way to collaborate. Your drummer, my guitarist. Who knows what kind of duel wunderkinder type of thing might come of that. laugh.gif

They better buy us cars. That's all I have to say. yes.gif

Edited by sullysue

QUOTE (garbo @ Dec 5 2010, 12:44 PM)
At the Christmas parade, I got Bacchus beads. It's like Mardi Gras! YAY! 1022.gif

I also got the Grim Reaper, but I don't want to talk about that.

Did you get the Bacchus Beads the same way you's secure a string of beads at Mardis Gras?

unsure.gif

I helped out with my church's annual Advent Fair. biggrin.gif Helped little kids put together ornament crafts and the like; it was a great volunteer activity. And they're so cute! ("No, Ben, don't touch the glue gun! It's hot! I -- I told you it was hot!" Gotta love them five-year-olds...)

I joined the community at Taylor Swift's site. She actually posts in her own forum, like Reznor used to. Cool. I bought her 2nd album. My favorite song of hers is Teardrops on My Guitar. I did a cover of it once.

QUOTE (Boots @ Dec 5 2010, 06:23 PM)
I joined the community at Taylor Swift's site. She actually posts in her own forum, like Reznor used to. Cool. I bought her 2nd album. My favorite song of hers is Teardrops on My Guitar. I did a cover of it once.

Seriously? That's actually pretty cool of her. I'm not crazy about her music (I really like "You Belong With Me" but "Love Story" makes me want to punt kittens and send her copies of the books she references... GAH) but she's better than some other young artists (i.e. Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus). She has a pretty voice, at least.

Feeling pretty good about getting all my holiday stuff done. Just finished the Christmas cards (god does Shutterfly make it easy or WHAT!?) and put the finishing touches on the cookie exchange party I'm throwing in a few weeks.

I'm feeling very Betty Crockerish-June Cleaverish right now.

Edited by Janie