What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (The Maples @ Nov 19 2010, 12:47 PM)
HARRY POTTER

This

Me too - going to see it tonight with a raging sinus infection...but still, can't wait!

Feeling well enough to get through Body Combat, though I was not particularly energetic during it.

And yesterday, it was the fact that I felt well enough to make it to and through Eine Kleine Nachtmusik at the symphony last night. I am not a night person. I have a nasty cold that will not.go.away. But I did get to see the symphony play a favorite piece by a favorite composer.

I saw Harry Potter!

Omigosh. It was awesome. It was epic.

WHY CAN'T JULY COME ANY SOONER.

And now I feel the overwhelming urge to reread the whole series, which is down in my basement.

HUZZAH.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 20 2010, 06:06 PM)
I saw Harry Potter!
Omigosh. It was awesome. It was epic.
WHY CAN'T JULY COME ANY SOONER.

And now I feel the overwhelming urge to reread the whole series, which is down in my basement.
HUZZAH.

Are you sad the whole movie series has come to an end?

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 20 2010, 05:30 PM)

Well, it hasn't come to an end yet.. But the end was inevitable.

I was sadder when I finished the last word in the seventh book and realized there would be no more words... There would be movies, yeah, but nothing beats the imagination and trueness of that book in your hands. Knowing that Harry, Ron, and Hermione would never have another adventure together and that I'd never see Hogwarts as it was in those seven magical books was just.. heartbreaking.

(Thus ends my rant, haha. I grew up with these. I loved Harry even before I knew who the heck Rush was (GASP!).)

But on a happier note, I spent the night at the zoo! (Henry Doorly, here in Omaha, of course.) It was cold but thankfully most of the exhibits are indoors and outdoors. (:

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 21 2010, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 20 2010, 05:30 PM)

Well, it hasn't come to an end yet.. But the end was inevitable.

I was sadder when I finished the last word in the seventh book and realized there would be no more words... There would be movies, yeah, but nothing beats the imagination and trueness of that book in your hands. Knowing that Harry, Ron, and Hermione would never have another adventure together and that I'd never see Hogwarts as it was in those seven magical books was just.. heartbreaking.

(Thus ends my rant, haha. I grew up with these. I loved Harry even before I knew who the heck Rush was (GASP!).)

But on a happier note, I spent the night at the zoo! (Henry Doorly, here in Omaha, of course.) It was cold but thankfully most of the exhibits are indoors and outdoors. (:

The books are amazing to read. I had to re read one part a few times as I couldn't quite get my head round who the half blood prince was & I still don't get it, even after I'd seen the movie. Someone told me it's Tom Riddle/Lord Voldamort. & yes, certain parts of the books are heart breaking. The part that made me cry is seeing Harry's parents dancing in the moving picture...

Various people telling me I looked great- even with my cold.

I dressed up nicely, wore my hair down, and wore full make-up. But it still shows that I have a cold.

This means a lot because my last crush saw me today. The only clue I had that he did not feel the same way for me was that he never complimented my appearance fists crying.gif

I have had a really crap day, having had a falling out with my mum. Fiance is on his way with some bacon so we can make bacon sandwhiches ad watch a DVD together! I only said on MSN that I was feeling a bit tearful and he says "f**k you feeling like that, I'm on my way with bacon" A)Made me laugh because of the bacon bit and cool.gif Affirmation that he really does love me.

QUOTE (Shirley @ Nov 22 2010, 05:11 AM)
I have had a really crap day, having had a falling out with my mum. Fiance is on his way with some bacon so we can make bacon sandwhiches ad watch a DVD together! I only said on MSN that I was feeling a bit tearful and he says "f**k you feeling like that, I'm on my way with bacon" A)Made me laugh because of the bacon bit and cool.gif Affirmation that he really does love me.

His bacon answer makes ME love him. laugh.gif

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Nov 21 2010, 03:11 PM)
Various people telling me I looked great- even with my cold.

I dressed up nicely, wore my hair down, and wore full make-up. But it still shows that I have a cold.

This means a lot because my last crush saw me today. The only clue I had that he did not feel the same way for me was that he never complimented my appearance  fists crying.gif

I get that - I dress up all nice, new hairstyle etc, & no one ever says a word. b_sigh.gif

I met a fellow prog head today on my course! biggrin.gif He started on Monday, but this is the first time I've seen him. He noticed the Yes patch on my coat sleeve, then we had a great proper prog convo about Yes, Genesis, a bit of Rush, Tull, Hackett, etc. biggrin.gif

653.gif

biggrin.gif email from my brother wub.gif

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c".. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f".. This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi TU understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.

My roommate bought me awesome gifts, including ZOMBIES VS UNICORNS and Stewie's Guide to Taking Over the World. Be prepared.

Also Rush tickets on sale, however, I still haven't bought my tickets for Dublin because I'm not sure I'm going. However, I may see them in the US. Ugh. I need to decide.

Only spending $50 at the dentist, and NOT having a gigantic abscess requiring hours of digging and drilling and whatnot. X-rays showed nada, so I'm to finish the antibiotics and wait & see. Could be just a fluke thing. Believe me, I am not complaining about that approach one bit.

Our friendly neighborhood university invited me to study in their graphic design program. Too bad I have a life. I also have no money.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 25 2010, 10:53 PM)
Great Thanksgiving dinner with family  653.gif

mee too! trink38.gif

God, I LUV the holidays! wub.gif

mom didn't know who i was, but somebody told her (so that was nice smile.gif )

it was funny later, she commented that she loves to hang around with all these people she used to know. laugh.gif