What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Was Beautiful crossing SD today and Nebraska.. Sunrise was sweet in the fog and snow on the ground.. yes.gif

and after 11 hours on the road and 650 miles later..

I'm having beer and dinner in DENVER COLORADO!!!! YES!!!! Home Sweet State Home....... 1022.gif 653.gif cool10.gif 653.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif trink39.gif My day is made!!

I was at the right place at the right time for a good reason. A very cosmic one that reminded me why I was there and why I came from where I come from. I was able to assist someone whom nobody else could have assisted at the time. And everything will be fine. I feel like a hero today.

I got to listen to the new My Chemical Romance album six days early, and though it's not what I expected, it brought me so much joy to realize that this band has changed so much. It seems like a different band, and that's in a great way.

Also, I realized that I'm four days away from my birthday party (misleading word though, imo, since I don't really party laugh.gif), and I can't wait to hang out with my friends. Hopefully I'll get a "different" birthday present. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Nov 16 2010, 08:53 PM)
I was at the right place at the right time for a good reason. A very cosmic one that reminded me why I was there and why I came from where I come from. I was able to assist someone whom nobody else could have assisted at the time. And everything will be fine. I feel like a hero today.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Awesome... 653.gif

everyday is a good day. smile.gif

It doesn't take much to make my day.

I am alive and my house is in one piece. A tornado went through my neighborhood last night at 1:30 and uprooted several trees (including one in my yard), took down power lines, mangled sheds, and threw cars around in other neighborhoods. Houses and cars around me have damage but I was lucky enough to come out of it unscathed. huh.gif

Amoxicillin is working! Swelling is down (abscessing tooth). Dentist will be back in his office tomorrow, thank goodness.

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Nov 17 2010, 09:04 AM)
I am alive and my house is in one piece.  A tornado went through my neighborhood last night at 1:30 and uprooted several trees (including one in my yard), took down power lines, mangled sheds, and threw cars around in other neighborhoods.  Houses and cars around me have damage but I was lucky enough to come out of it unscathed.  huh.gif

My jaw just dropped when I read that! Wasn't there any warning? How are you feeling now? Thinking of you. hug2.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Nov 17 2010, 09:04 AM)
I am alive and my house is in one piece.  A tornado went through my neighborhood last night at 1:30 and uprooted several trees (including one in my yard), took down power lines, mangled sheds, and threw cars around in other neighborhoods.  Houses and cars around me have damage but I was lucky enough to come out of it unscathed.  huh.gif

That is so scary but I'm glad you're okay! *hugs* Now that you're okay, is your house okay or is it just the tree that was uprooted?

My tonsils are now the size of Rhode Island as opposed to Arkansas. Praise be to the z-pack.

Edited by garbo

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Nov 17 2010, 07:04 AM)
I am alive and my house is in one piece. A tornado went through my neighborhood last night at 1:30 and uprooted several trees (including one in my yard), took down power lines, mangled sheds, and threw cars around in other neighborhoods. Houses and cars around me have damage but I was lucky enough to come out of it unscathed. huh.gif

ohmy.gif OMG! I'm glad to hear you're ok!

What made my day yesterday, last night to be precise, was band practice. Moon has been working on a song for several weeks that just came together amazingly last night. It was mostly there, but one section just didn't work as well. Even though I'm the drummer, I offer up opinions and suggestions to the guitar and bass players. After trying out several possibilities, one worked out perfectly. The bass continued his progression from the previous part (chorus) while the guitar played a repeating mid-range figure that has a very hypnotic quality.

It was just so rewarding to have worked on something, and pushed through the frustration of it sounding "not right" several different ways, to finally resolve it with a part that sounds really good. And personally satisfying to me to have offered up the arrangement idea that solved the issue.

I love it when a song comes together!

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Nov 17 2010, 08:04 AM)

Oh My... My Heart ohmy.gif So glad to see you are ok..

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Nov 17 2010, 08:04 AM)

Oh goodness! O: I'm so glad you're okay, though.. Nothing more precious than life itself. Count your blessings, for sure.

I do actually have something that made my day.

I was working on a picture of Neil Peart before Band this morning and my friend came and sat next to me. I offered to show her the other one I'd done, which was of Geddy Lee. Her reaction:

"...He's kinda... hot." And she got that little smile us teenage girls get when we see something we like.

I silently celebrated for the rest of the hour. Now I just need to throw CDs at her until she realizes there's more to Rush than just Geddy Lee's looks. |D

QUOTE (librarian @ Nov 17 2010, 01:54 PM)
My 1969th post - the year I was born

A shout out to everyone in the 40 club! trink39.gif

I wanna see if I can try for 1971 posts - my year of birth... laugh.gif