What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Filing for divorce. :banana: :banana:

Merry Christmas to me!

• Like 3

Merry Christmas to me!

Why??

A myriad of reasons, starting with his inability to launch (he is nearing 60!!!); for almost 14 years I have been just about the only source of income. He never wanted to do any kind of job he considered "beneath" him. I'm worn out from the stress of it. There are a number of other reasons - bottom line is that we aren't suited to each other, probably never really were, and it is time to call it a day.

That said, once he accepted that I was absolutely dead-bang serious about splitting up, he kinda grew up overnight. Being confronted with the loss of his health insurance, auto insurance, and digs (the house and mortgage are in my name) forced him to develop some initiative. He started a new job today, with benefits, that he's very excited about and has found a place to live.

So far things are amicable. He can't afford an attorney, but I am not using that advantage to try to screw him over. It will be an uncontested divorce - no court, very simple. He agreed the dogs need to stay in the home where they've lived for 12 years, but the settlement will include very liberal and generous visitation rights. Right now we're getting along sort of like casually friendly roommates. He plans to move within the next week, but there's really no unpleasantness. Even my in-laws are being nice to me!

• Like 2

Sorry :LOL: I keep talking about my Boyfriend becuase he makes me happy.

He is so so sweet. :heart:

I will stop if needed.

:LOL:

First boyfriend is remarkable. :yes:

I'm happy to see you happy! :D

Thank u!! :hug2:

How did u know he was my first?? :)

It's a combo of the way you talk about him and how you express your feelings.

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 2

Merry Christmas to me!

Why??

A myriad of reasons, starting with his inability to launch (he is nearing 60!!!); for almost 14 years I have been just about the only source of income. He never wanted to do any kind of job he considered "beneath" him. I'm worn out from the stress of it. There are a number of other reasons - bottom line is that we aren't suited to each other, probably never really were, and it is time to call it a day.

That said, once he accepted that I was absolutely dead-bang serious about splitting up, he kinda grew up overnight. Being confronted with the loss of his health insurance, auto insurance, and digs (the house and mortgage are in my name) forced him to develop some initiative. He started a new job today, with benefits, that he's very excited about and has found a place to live.

So far things are amicable. He can't afford an attorney, but I am not using that advantage to try to screw him over. It will be an uncontested divorce - no court, very simple. He agreed the dogs need to stay in the home where they've lived for 12 years, but the settlement will include very liberal and generous visitation rights. Right now we're getting along sort of like casually friendly roommates. He plans to move within the next week, but there's really no unpleasantness. Even my in-laws are being nice to me!

I know quite a few women who work very hard and have husbands who do next to nothing at the home and don't have a job or prospects (and aren't stay at home dads). I don't understand this phenomenon.

Lita Ford second guitar player is following me on Instagram. and he wrote to me and said he likes my photos of the concert I saw with them :)

Have to say, that is pretty cool!

And now Lita her self likes them as well!!! :D He showed the photo to her :)

• Like 5

Lita Ford second guitar player is following me on Instagram. and he wrote to me and said he likes my photos of the concert I saw with them :)

Very awesome! You Swedes get to have all the fun. ;)

Very awesome! You Swedes get to have all the fun. ;)

Yeah right....

• Like 1

This was on Sunday...

Went to the symphony with Mrs. B. After intermission the entire second set was a tribute to John Williams, perfect for someone that enjoys movies like me.

Later at home, I play Jethro Tull's "Songs from the Wood". I rarely play Tull when she's around so she doesn't know who they are/were. During the first tune Mrs. B says it's unique then SUDDENLY jumps up and pretends to play the flute (despite never seeing Ian Anderson before). I tell her that she looks like him and go to YouTube to show how similar she is with her flute imitation. :LOL:

• Like 2

This stick is VUNDERBARR! Movies for the last week plus!!! TV shows....etc. WOW....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Movies-%20TV/couchpotato-tv.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20in%20yellow%20baseball%20cap.gif

• Like 1

I went out for the afternoon with my brother. When we walked out the front door, I was wearing my R40 shirt and upon leaving the front porch, I heard "Tom Sawyer" playing from somewhere.

It was coming from a UPS truck next door, but I just thought it was such an awesome coincidence.

• Like 5

Just finished writing out 27 Christmas Cards ....... :haz: :haz:

Hope they get there on time!!

Feeling better!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/WooHoo%202%20banana.gif