What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

After being mad at it earlier, I got all of my math homework done! I also got my AP U.S. History essay done, both of which took large amounts of time, but everything has been completed, and before school, at that. Thanks to The Decemberists for being the group I listened to while I finished my math. <3

Ladies' basketball team (at my school, obviously) won Districts!

We're going to State (well, they are) for the first time in at least ten years!

We're goin' to STATE!!

I'm so excited. I'm so proud of them. The girls' team has always gotten crap for not making state like the boys, but this year they've been rockin' and rollin' - and, dunking, obviously.

Almost had an epically epic moment.. for a few minutes, the score was 21 - 11... and the other team (with 11 points) was about to make a free throw.. but they missed. And our ladies got another score. So, awesomeness averted (I had my camera ready and everything D: ) but lol, we won. That's epic too.

Boys' district final is Monday. Let's hope they make us proud too!

being approved for a 4-day work week. 10 hr/day Mon - Thurs smile.gif

hoping it will make it easier to get a 2nd part-time job. *fingers crossed for luck*

Playing with my..as Diane puts it..old girl. Vish's been with me thru hell n high water, and well..she loves a good day and/or night out in the snow. At least she used to. She's about 12 now and I know like my wife says, "Bob we're a couple old girls now..." but it was fun to catch a glimpse of how Vish used to be in the snow. I call her my Snowcat. She runs scampers and everything.....except now it was a really dense heavy wet snow, she doesn't like those kinds of snows. Anyway after having a day off thanks to the early morning snow which kept up most of the morning, I ran errands after digging our trucks out. I got stuck and left tread marks in the deep snow n gravel in the driveway, and man was it slick. Soon as I had everything off loaded from the truck? Vish RAN out the open door like a shot, as if daring me to follow and catch up...noooo her way of playing hide n seek. She's hunkered down low in a freshly made rut, and with the dirt and gravel I'd mixed in thanks to getting stuck, I almost didn't see her. When I saw her I whooped and she ran past me again...find me now daddy! She hid in a dark corner of the carport, I really didn't see her, and she darted out in front of me again...ha ha daddy you didn't find me I yelled at her YOU SCARED DADDY.. naughty girl...one more run and she ran to the glass doors, she'd had enough. I got groceries put away...got myself home, fed all the animals...got to here, and here she is "sunning" with Daddy

http://i53.tinypic.com/2vl0e52.jpg

and had enough of the "sunlamp" I took one of her laying down to sleep...this is with the ceiling light

http://i52.tinypic.com/8wwl95.jpg

Well when it' a little more like spring, I think she'll wanna play more outside for now, I am a very happy daddy

Finally got to sit down with PS CS5 for the first time - and really dig into it. I still need to test the animation features (yup, that means I'm going to have yet another new avatar) but it works like a charm. Fits my Wacom like a glove, too! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I wanted to meet the author Alexander Mccall Smith in April at the Appel theatre in the Toronto public library.

Then I googled the TO Library and discovered this:

"Toronto Public Library has 99 branches, 11 million items and a whole lot more. Information, education and entertainment for Torontonians of all ages."

www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/ -

I thought to myself: Holy f***! 99 branches! Wow! That's quite something.

I used to work PT in a public library in high school. Not as big as THAT one.

ohmy.gif

Took a trip with a friend to see Augusta State play (and win!), then got home and went to another friend's birthday party. I'm tired, but I had a great day.

I resisted the massive urge to go to Best Buy and drop $2,000.00 on stuff that I don't need....

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

omg,, that was the best date in five years,, maybe eva,, is it to early to think that this one is keeper? wub.gif

I dunno,,, i am ready for a new adventure with her

She said yes to a second and a third and a fourth etc.....

Cant wait,, the chemistry we have is like no other i have experienced

Edited by tkdryan

Ryan, so glad to hear things are going well heart.gif

My boyfriend and I went to Barnes & Noble last night, and I found four Rush CD's, most of them pretty inexpensive (yes, I'm oldschool). Actually, they had S&A Live and some compilations, too, but I didn't pick up S&A Live 'cause it was a little more expensive. I had no faith they'd have anything other than compilations. I had a gift card for most of them, and my boyfriend paid for one because he was getting a much more expensive TV show for himself, and just tacked it on with his. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Isn't he sweet? We had a gift card for Chili's as well, so we had a nice meal afterward. Our last stop was Walmart, because I'd heard they have Rush tees at Walmarts in Canada, but no luck here. Ah well, two out of three ain't bad (and I have enough Rush shirts)!

Edited by 1 of the 7

First, a Holocaust survivor came to speak to my Holocaust Lit' class today. Wow, just.. wow. Her words were incredible. If I even tried to describe what she said, it would take up an entire thread. laugh.gif So let's suffice it to say that you can read all the books in the world, you can study every minute detail of the Holocaust, you can analyze history to death... But there's nothing quite like hearing an eyewitness account from someone who's been to Hell and back ten feet away from you.

And also, Boy's Basketball team is going to State! Yay! Guys and girls are rockin' this year!

(Lol, not as profound but still pretty exciting. Fifth time in the past six years for the guys.)

Finding out that a friend who was mad at me last night was just in a bad mood. Also, getting a blind-spot mirror on my/the family car.

And, of course, musics.