Fear (All four parts) in the set list

losingit2k

Vote your mind!  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your mind!

• Yea
    • Nay

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 13 2010, 11:18 PM)
I truely think it would be great but it would take up much time!
It would be nice to hear The Weapon Again with the Count Floyd intro!

Play it Play it now!

icon_alienjig.gif

I vote for it all the way, but with Witch Hunt included in the MP set, it won't happen.

Obviously they can't because of the MP thing, but I still would say 'nay'. Two reasons. First, most people at the show wouldn't care or get it. Secondly, The Weapon and especially Freeze are inferior songs compared to much of Rush's catalog (or at least from those respective albums).

Nay for a few reasons: First, I think Freeze is way inferior to the other 3 and I dont want a setlist song wasted there, and Second, Witch Hunt needs to be played in sequence with the rest of Moving Pictures this tour. However, I would freak if we got The Weapon (and hopefully count floyd too), now that would be amazing (COMPLETELY disagree with the above post on that song). Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ May 14 2010, 12:23 AM)
Obviously they can't because of the MP thing, but I still would say 'nay'. Two reasons. First, most people at the show wouldn't care or get it. Secondly, The Weapon and especially Freeze are inferior songs compared to much of Rush's catalog (or at least from those respective albums).

Why are you assuming they are playing every song on MP consecutively? That would be a terrible decision on their part not to space that all out, just for the sake of those that may not love this album, and those people do exist believe it or not.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 14 2010, 08:52 AM)

Why are you assuming they are playing every song on MP consecutively? That would be a terrible decision on their part not to space that all out, just for the sake of those that may not love this album, and those people do exist believe it or not.

I'm assuming this because every band that has played full albums has done it this way. Even the way the tour's been advertised, MP "in its entirety," suggests this will be a presentation of an album. Scattering songs around the set would reduce the impact of this. 99.9% chance they play it in sequence, IMO, and I hope they do.

Revisiting the prospect of hearing The Weapon this tour: The more I think about this the more I think theres a great chance we get it considering the Time Machine theme of this tour. Think about it, if this is all about jumping back in time (and forward for a few tunes), Weapon is one of the few show presentations where there was an actual video (Floyd) that went along with it (and is beloved by fans). It would be a perfect "moment in history" that they can bring back, with alex dancing at the beginning and all. Plus its time to bring the song back regardless! Anyway... Edited by greg2112

I voted nay for one reason - Freeze. That song blows chunks off of my ass.

I don't know I think I would like to hear Freeze if it would bring back The Weapon and The Enemy Within. Besides it is one of the better tunes from VT.

The Weapon and especially Freeze are inferior songs

have you lost you lost your mind? The Weapon an inferior song?

Dude check yourself! wacko.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 13 2010, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 13 2010, 11:18 PM)
I truely think it would be great but it would take up much time!
It would be nice to hear The Weapon Again with the Count Floyd intro!

Play it Play it now!

icon_alienjig.gif

I vote for it all the way, but with Witch Hunt included in the MP set, it won't happen.

Yep...exactly.

With MP being played all together...this can't actually happen.

Also...I don't really care to hear Freeze at all either.

However, by all means...bring on The Enemy Within and The Weapon. Both would be killer tracks to see live. yes.gif

Would kill to hear the Fear quadrilogy! I was actually mildly disappointed to see they were doing MP in its entirety since that immediately made Fear out of the question.

And if you think they're not doing MP straight through, in order, you are INSANE! 653.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ May 14 2010, 09:52 AM)

Are you one of those people?

I think the Fear Quad would be great, except the ongoing personal preference dilemma of using those time slots for other great songs. As far as MP played consecutively, I think they should, but putting the Fear Quad before Vital Signs wouldn't make that much of a difference. What they need to do is play for 4 hrs. next tour and charge us a gazillion dollars....I'll pay.

voted no. Don't like Freeze. Other songs are good but not great. My pipe dream for 'The Time Machine' has them skipping the 80s (minus MP and PeW) and 90s and playing mostly 70s tunes.

It would still kick ass, but there's other songs I'd rather hear.

The brilliance of Freeze is buried in that disgusting wall of crap they called a mix.

If the song were mixed and mastered properly....it would be one of the legendary classic Rush songs.....the chorus on that tune is amazing...a very classic sounding Rush tune....but we all know how bad this record is sonically.

Back to the subject......I would love to hear all the songs in the epic "Fear" series....and it does not have to be in order. It's not like they flow into one another....they are very different songs.

Witch Hunt

Enemy Within

The Weapon

Freeze

That's my rank. And yes to the Fear epic.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 14 2010, 01:15 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ May 14 2010, 09:52 AM)

Are you one of those people?

And if you are, you are part of a miniscule and inconsequential minority. The only real break in them playing MP in its entirety will be Neil playing The Rhythm Method during YYZ. wink.gif

I vote no.

It takes up too much time in the setlist, and overall the tunes aren't worth it. I'd love to have "The Weapon" again, and "Witch Hunt" is pretty good, but other than that, nah.

I wouldn't mind hearing the original trilogy, but I don't want Freeze taking up even a nanosecond of concert time.

It's simply not a very good song, IMO, and the crowd would take the opportunity to answer emails and refill their beverages. It would be a complete momentum killer.