Whos side? Alex? or Ged?

krlowe

I recently found out that my tickets for the Sarnia show are on Alex's side, and I was at first dissapointed, but then thought I might like the change

I had front row for Ged(in front of his mic stand) and it was incredible(2007) and was 4th row (2008) on Alex's side.

What side do people prefer in general? I know the only bad thing on Geds side for me was I could not see Neil.

Last tour I was Geddy's side for both shows, and this tour I'll be on Alex's side each time, and I'm looking forward to experiencing the other side for many reasons. I think everyone needs to see a show from both sides to soak up the entire experience!

QUOTE (theworkingman @ May 10 2010, 01:37 AM)
Geddy. f**k yes.

goodpost.gif yes.gif

I usually am on Geddy's side or right in the middle. This tour, I'm on Alex's side in Salt Lake City (at least, those are the tickets I have now...trying to find some that are closer) and on Geddy's side in Las Vegas. I'm pretty short and in row 8 for Vegas, so I am hoping that it's not too tough for me to see! I've been on the floor and 20 rows back before and it wasn't too bad...we'll see, I guess! cool.gif

I had to think about this because I never gave it much thought. 86, 87, 94 (this was cool-I was up a level and could look down on Geddy), 97, 07, 08 Geddy's side. 90, 90 Alex's side. 91, 96, 02, 04-center. I don't think that it matters for me. I have been close (first 10 rows) and I have been super far away (back of the Fleet Center in Boston. I prefer to be somewhere where the sound is good and so far that has been at SPAC. Edited by micgtr71

This tour, I'm center slightly to Alex's side for both shows. Now, I won't kick either side out of bed for eating crackers, but on Geddy's side there is more stuff to get in your way.

Center , so i can see Neil

I like to be just off center towards Al. Best angle for all 3 IMO since G's mike points toward the center and the best sight line to Neil is over his Ride Cymbal.

Of course when trying to actually BUY tickets you don't have much control over what pops up.

I'm on Alex's side, but it's the fourth seat in from the inside aisle. Very close this time - 3rd row Orch.

Food for thought - what if they decide to be all wacky and zany and switch sides for the first time ever? laugh.gif

Years ago I always tried to be on Geddy's side. But I have now come to appreciate being on Alex's side. His facial expressions and mannerisms are fun to watch.

This year I'm just a hair left of dead center.

prefer to be center so i can see neil at least. but not too close. i was alexs side the last two shows i went. i find its hit or miss. alex likes to joke around a lot more onstage so it kind of takes away the seriousnessof some of the songs. on the vt tour, after he did the rant on strangiato he was a going little crazy later on in the during bytor. i know its all in good and they try to not take themselves too seriously but it just felt weird during the vt tour. after waiting so many years. this was a special moment...or was supposed to be anyway.

this time im on geddys side. and hes not quite animated as alex and at least is a little more calm.

I make a hole in the little fence and wood near the stage and like to chill out under the stage for most of the show.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 10 2010, 04:11 PM)
I prefer Alex's side. He's hilarious. He does alll kinds of silly things and interacts with the audience a lot more. I crack up just watching him.

Geddy is busier and it's a little more action packed watching him, but he's not very personable with the audience

I disagree....Geddy has been known to 'flirt' with girls in the close rows....maybe you should try being a girl this tour? confused13.gif

Just bustin' your chops. tongue.gif

I wanna be on Alex's side sometime but I just love Geddy too much.

just got my gibson tix, 8th row in front of Ged. Ive been on alex's side, ged's side, dead center, and I have to say it's all good. I like the different perspectives.

Finally on Alex's side. I've been on Geddy's side 15 plus times and center a few times. I'm excited to be on Alex's side, maybe a better view of Neil. Hey, front row or lawn, right or left....I'm in the building!! biggrin.gif