Thank You Neil Peart for writing "Nobody's Hero"!

Serviette Onion

I am very proud for Neil Peart. I thank him with a lot of Gratitude.

And For Good Reason.

Neil's composition "Nobody's Hero" originally dealt with the loss of one of his gay male friends from Neil's days spent in England. However, with news of US Airways Flight 1549 Landing in the Hudson River, the pilot of that plane, Chelsey B. "Sully" Sullenburger, is a man who is indeed a true hero indeed!

"Hero.....Lands a Crippled Airplane, Solves great mysteries".

THANK YOU NEIL PEART!!!

Neil's now officially a prophet. Took a wee bit over 15 years, but prophecies aren't always manifested immediately. wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 16 2009, 09:53 PM)
Neil's now officially a prophet. Took a wee bit over 15 years, but prophecies aren't always manifested immediately. wink.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nobody's Hero is a good song and it's among my favorites.

To Neil. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 16 2009, 04:57 PM)
Its a gem of a track for sure yes.gif

yes.gif great song

QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Jan 16 2009, 03:49 PM)

And For Good Reason.

Neil's composition "Nobody's Hero" originally dealt with the loss of one of his gay male friends from Neil's days spent in England. However, with news of US Airways Flight 1549 Landing in the Hudson River, the pilot of that plane, Chelsey B. "Sully" Sullenburger, is a man who is indeed a true hero indeed!

THANK YOU NEIL PEART!!!

Thank you Sully!

Cool under pressure, and I hope everytime I take to the skies I have a pilot who is as skilled as this guy.

Great job Captain! A true American hero. And not just for this exceptional work under pressure, but the dedication and responsibility demonstrated over many years of service.

THAT is why these guys should be paid handsomely for their work.

I'm sure he could retire on the interview offers now, but somehow I doubt this guy will stop working. A consummate professional.

applaudit.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Jan 16 2009, 08:37 PM)
Great job Captain! A true American hero. And not just for this exceptional work under pressure, but the dedication and responsibility demonstrated over many years of service.

THAT is why these guys should be paid handsomely for their work.

I'm sure he could retire on the interview offers now, but somehow I doubt this guy will stop working. A consummate professional.

applaudit.gif

He'll be doing many interviews, but he doesn't seem like the type of guy to want all the attention. He just wanted to get home to his family.

I hope is doesn't give in to that wench Oprah.

Ironic that this thread title appears at this time. I just wrote this short story based On "Nobodys Hero" for the writing contest in the "Turn The page", forum.

Nobodys Hero...

It was one of the longest nights in my life. I had never experianced such pain before. Why would someone so loved by all, be taken away by such a sisister plaque. As I sat in a small room full of people, some friends, some strangers, we recounted the memories of a life worth living.

It was bittersweet to speak about Jim in such reverence, as a curse was moments away from claiming him from this life. Jim lies in silence, as he has been unable to speak for the last two weeks.The pain on his face is difficult to bear, as he listens to us remenber his life and legacy. Perhaps its wrong to even have such conversation in his pressence at this moment, but selfishly, its a form of therapy for us all.

The hours tick away, and at 3:00 am, Jims breathing becomes so shallow, its painfull to sit and watch as he struggles to take each breath. We are all having a tough time breathing ourselves as Jims pain starts to envelop us all. At 3:15, a man of faith walks in the room to try and bring comfort to those suffering. He also wants Jim to find peace in his final moments of mortality. At a moment like this, its hard to know what to feel. Anger, sadness, sorrow, joy for the pain he will soon not feel.

The minutes tick away like hours, and at 4:30 am, Jims eyes are open wide. The fear in his eyes cuts through us like a knife. I rush to his side and grip his hand tight. I tell him, I love him. Tears seem to well up in his eyes. His facial muscles have not worked properly in weeks. I tell him we all love him very much, and its ok. Its ok to let go. Give up your burden, its alright. Jim starts to struggle mightely to take each breath. His struggle starts to make everyone in the room weep.

I once again look Jim in the eyes and say, its ok, you fought long and hard. Its time to rest now. We know you don't want to leave us. Your not letting anyone down. Please let go, and know that we will carry on. You don't have to fear for us. You have protected so many for so long. We will be strong for you. Lay down your burden and be at peace. Jims eyes told the story his mouth couldn't, as the tears streamed down his face. Jim had not been able to cry in weeks. Jim mouth opens wide again to draw a breath. He exhales, looks around the room, at each of us individually. His facial muscles cooperate, and allow him a big smile. He closes his eyes, and at peace, Jim says goodbye.

My favorite track from Counterparts; with that, amongst my top 5 from Rush.

From the first time listening to Nobody's Hero it immediately became a fave. Beautiful lyrics, superb musical score and Geddy's vocals are of top notch.

For some reason "...lands the crippled airplane...", it's just one of those inspirational/ingenius lyric lines that only Neil could/would write.

Again, Geddy's delivery is superb.

As for our new friend 'Sully', you are the man...thank you.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 17 2009, 08:15 AM)
Ironic that this thread title appears at this time. I just wrote this short story based On "Nobodys Hero" for the writing contest in the "Turn The page", forum.

Nobodys Hero...

It was one of the longest nights in my life. I had never experianced such pain before. Why would someone so loved by all, be taken away by such a sisister plaque. As I sat in a small room full of people, some friends, some strangers, we recounted the memories of a life worth living.
It was bittersweet to speak about Jim in such reverence, as a curse was moments away from claiming him from this life. Jim lies in silence, as he has been unable to speak for the last two weeks.The pain on his face is difficult to bear, as he listens to us remenber his life and legacy. Perhaps its wrong to even have such conversation in his pressence at this moment, but selfishly, its a form of therapy for us all.
The hours tick away, and at 3:00 am, Jims breathing becomes so shallow, its painfull to sit and watch as he struggles to take each breath. We are all having a tough time breathing ourselves as Jims pain starts to envelop us all. At 3:15, a man of faith walks in the room to try and bring comfort to those suffering. He also wants Jim to find peace in his final moments of mortality. At a moment like this, its hard to know what to feel. Anger, sadness, sorrow, joy for the pain he will soon not feel.
The minutes tick away like hours, and at 4:30 am, Jims eyes are open wide. The fear in his eyes cuts through us like a knife. I rush to his side and grip his hand tight. I tell him, I love him. Tears seem to well up in his eyes. His facial muscles have not worked properly in weeks. I tell him we all love him very much, and its ok. Its ok to let go. Give up your burden, its alright. Jim starts to struggle mightely to take each breath. His struggle starts to make everyone in the room weep.
I once again look Jim in the eyes and say, its ok, you fought long and hard. Its time to rest now. We know you don't want to leave us. Your not letting anyone down. Please let go, and know that we will carry on. You don't have to fear for us. You have protected so many for so long. We will be strong for you. Lay down your burden and be at peace. Jims eyes told the story his mouth couldn't, as the tears streamed down his face. Jim had not been able to cry in weeks. Jim mouth opens wide again to draw a breath. He exhales, looks around the room, at each of us individually. His facial muscles cooperate, and allow him a big smile. He closes his eyes, and at peace, Jim says goodbye.

This clip is from Francois Truffaut's 1959 cinematic classic Les Quatre Cent Coups ( The 400 Blows). The main character, Antoine Doinel, is a misfit living in the DeGaulle Paris of 1958. He attended an All Boys School and is usually a class clown, usually punished by the teacher.

In this scene, the teacher assigns a wrtitng assingmnet entitle "Name an event that has touched and moved your life". Antoine thinks of the event.the death of his grandfather. We see Antoine laying on the couch reading Balzac story about a dying man who rose up from his deathbed and said "Eureka! I Have Found It!"

Of course, he gets an F for plagerizing Balzac!

I am sorry that the dialouge is in Portugese, but I wanted to share this with you.

And For Good Reason.

THANK YOU NEIL PEART!!!

Why exactly are we thanking Neil Peart?

QUOTE (Score Out @ Jan 17 2009, 05:27 PM)

And For Good Reason.

THANK YOU NEIL PEART!!!

Foreshadowing?

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Jan 17 2009, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (Score Out @ Jan 17 2009, 05:27 PM)

And For Good Reason.

THANK YOU NEIL PEART!!!

Foreshadowing?

I'm pretty sure that there have been pilots lauded as heroes long before Neil Peart wrote the lyrics to Nobody's Hero in 1993...

FFS, Peart should have been hung drawn and quartered for writing such clumsy, ill-conceived bollocks.

The subject matter might be worthy, but the song is an utter minger, lets make no mistake here.... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 18 2009, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 19 2009, 04:01 AM)
FFS, Peart should have been hung drawn and quartered for writing such clumsy, ill-conceived bollocks.

Come on, the lyric isn't that bad, I've heard much worse from NP.

You're right of course. It isn't that bad. The fact is, I was being too kind and it's much worse than that.

Truly awful stuff, and though he has written some other howlers, I can't think of many that are as cringe-makingly embarrassing as that one...

Archived