2112 vs ZoSo Greatest LP of All Time

Maestro

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 13 2008, 07:19 AM)
Led Zeppelin (untitled) - which is accurate. There is NO title. It's better than 2112 too.

yes.gif Stairway to Heaven is one of the greatest rock songs of all time. So is Hotel California.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 13 2008, 07:49 AM)
Led Zeppelin (untitled) - which is accurate.  There is NO title.  It's better than 2112 too.

yes.gif Stairway to Heaven is one of the greatest rock songs of all time. So is Hotel California.

also the most played rock song's of all time. if i never heard those again it would be too soon

Maybe if it would have been Moving Pictures or Permanent Waves I could understand, but WTF how is 2112 winning? Hell yeah it's a kick-arse album but IV is better.

I'd rather listen to 2112 over Zoso any day of the week...therefore, I voted for 2112. And 2112 is kicking some serious ass. I'm very surprised. I think someone is stuffing the ballot box.

Led Zeppelin (untitled) - which is accurate.  There is NO title.  It's better than 2112 too.

Stairway To Heaven IS the greatest song in the history of music! yes.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 13 2008, 10:52 PM)

Aside from all those other ones... unsure.gif

not even close, not even zep's best song, trink39.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 14 2008, 09:13 AM)
I like 2112. But it's overrated. Personally, as far as Rush albums, it's middle of the pack. ph34r.gif

im with ya, i never said it was the best 2.gif album . more than a few think it is and that's fine. personally i can think of about 6 or 7 2.gif album's i like much more trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 14 2008, 08:15 AM)

not even close, not even zep's best song, trink39.gif

I agree that it might not be Zep's best song but you can't deny it's one of their best, even if its way overplayed.

From the site:

BTW - after the Best TV Show tournament I am planning on having The Best Bassist of All Time....Steve Harris or Geddy Lee...hmmmm I wonder if there will be any passion in that tournament?

trink38.gif

I just hope Geddy and Chris Squire aren't going to be in the same vote... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ May 14 2008, 09:34 AM)
From the site:

BTW - after the Best TV Show tournament I am planning on having The Best Bassist of All Time....Steve Harris or Geddy Lee...hmmmm I wonder if there will be any passion in that tournament?

trink38.gif

I just hope Geddy and Chris Squire aren't going to be in the same vote... unsure.gif

funny thing is, geddy or steve are not the greatest. what about jaco? mmmmm. this will be fun. then the drummer's next ohmy.gif

I like RUSH much more than Zep. That having been said, 2112 falls way short of Zep IV as far as greatest album ever. Classic songs...

Black Dog

Rock & Roll

Battle of Evermore

Stairway to Heaven

Going to California

When the Levee Breaks

vs.

2112 (first three parts)

Passage to Bangkok

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 13 2008, 11:04 AM)

also the most played rock song's of all time. if i never heard those again it would be too soon

Overplayed doesn't make them less great. Pretend you've never heard them. THERE..they're spectacular again!

A great song is a great song...period.

And I agree...two of the greatest rock songs ever by anyone. Stairway is the best song ever written.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 14 2008, 09:13 AM)
I like 2112.  But it's overrated.  Personally, as far as Rush albums, it's middle of the pack.  ph34r.gif

I very much agree. There are many, MANY Rush albums I'll spin before 2112....having nothing to do with fatigue with that record either. It's just...overrated. Important, yes. Historic, yes. BRILLIANT...no. The next SIX Rush studio albums after it are all stronger. tongue.gif Hell, I'd probably argue the next EIGHT even.

I'm a bigger Rush fan than Zep, but Zeppelin IV is the better album. It is their magnum opus. Every song makes the album greater than its whole. 2112 has a continuity only surpased by Hemispheres, but Lessons and Tears aren't really 'classic' songs, IMO. To all of you that say 2112 is overrated though, put down the crack pipe. Its phenomenal.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ May 15 2008, 10:09 AM)
I'm a bigger Rush fan than Zep, but Zeppelin IV is the better album. It is their magnum opus. Every song makes the album greater than its whole. 2112 has a continuity only surpased by Hemispheres, but Lessons and Tears aren't really 'classic' songs, IMO. To all of you that say 2112 is overrated though, put down the crack pipe. Its phenomenal.

goodpost.gif

Though I really like Tears too. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 15 2008, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 13 2008, 11:04 AM)

Overplayed doesn't make them less great. Pretend you've never heard them. THERE..they're spectacular again!

A great song is a great song...period.

And I agree...two of the greatest rock songs ever by anyone. Stairway is the best song ever written.

i agree, overplayed has nothing to do with a great song. song's by KANSAS and QUEEN are overplayed and i don't get sick of them. like i keep saying, i just don't think stairway to heaven is zep's best song. trink39.gif

Archived