Happy Mother's Day...

I know it's early, but Happy Mother's Day to all our TRF moms.

Also, Happy Mother's Day to my mom, who put up with me listening to all that 2.gif and rock music as a teenager, and for driving me to my first concert in 1978 when I was 13 years old (I went to see Queen).

I also want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to my girlfriend, Sharon. She's a great mom to her three kids and a great step-mom to my son Tony. wub.gif

You Mom's rock. 1022.gif 1022.gif

Yes...Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms. You have the hardest job in the universe! trink39.gif

Happy Mom's Day to all the wonderful and supportive Mothers on TRF who've been there for me via posts, PM's and on my phone! I love you all for your help and understanding as mothering did not come with a stupid handbook angry.gif banghead.gif

All we have is each other!!! wub.gif bekloppt.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (J0N @ May 9 2008, 05:17 PM)
No, silly
The real mothering sunday was way back in March wink.gif

trink39.gif wink.gif

MOTHERS and MOMS

This is for the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, wiping up barf-- laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid-- saying, 'It's okay honey, Mommy's here.'

Who have sat in rocking chairs for hours on end soothing crying babies who can't be comforted.

This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and diapers in their purse.

For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew Halloween costumes.

And all the mothers who DON'T.

This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see. And the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.

This is for the mothers whose priceless art collections are hanging on their refrigerator doors.

And for all the mothers who froze their buns on metal bleachers at football or soccer games instead of watching from the warmth of their

cars. And that when their kids asked, 'Did you see me, Mom?' they

could say, 'Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world,' and mean it.

This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery store and swat them in despair when they stomp their feet and scream for ice cream before dinner. And for all the mothers who count to ten instead, but realize how child abuse happens.

This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and explained all about making babies. And for all the (grand)mothers who

wanted to, but just couldn't find the words.

This is for all the mothers who go hungry, so their children can eat.

For all the mothers who read 'Goodnight, Moon' twice a night for a year. And then read it again, 'Just one more time.'

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces before they started school. And for all the mothers

who opted for Velcro instead.

This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.

This is for every mother whose head turns automatically when a little voice calls 'Mom?' in a crowd, even though they know their own offspring are at home -- or even away at college -- or have their own families.

This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach aches, assuring them they'd be just FINE once they got there, only

to get calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up. Right away.

This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find the words to reach them.

For all the mothers who bite their lips until they bleed when their 14 year olds dye their hair green.

For all the mothers of the victims of recent school shootings, and the mothers of those who did the shooting.

For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from school, safely.

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to be peaceful, and now pray they come home safely from a war.

What makes a good mother anyway?

Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips? The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?

Or is it in her heart?

Is it the ache she feels when she watches her son or daughter disappear

down the street, walking to school alone for the very first time?

The jolt that takes her from sleep to dread, from bed to crib at 2 A.M. to put her hand on the back of a sleeping baby?

The panic, years later, that comes again at 2 A.M. when she just wants to hear their key in the door and know they are safe again in her home?

Or the need to flee from wherever she is and hug her child when she hears news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?

The emotions of motherhood are universal and so our thoughts are for

young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation...

And for mature mothers learning to let go. For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers. Single mothers and married mothers.

Mothers with money, mothers without.

This is for you all.

For all of us...

Hang in there. In the end we can only do the best we can. Tell them

every day that we love them. And pray and never stop being a mother...

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/dpagano4/birthday/thbmd107.gif

happy mothers day

rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

Owlswing, that was lovely. heart.gif

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/pinkfloyd1973/MothersDay.jpg

"Happy Mother's Day" means more

Than have a happy day.

Within those words lie lots of things

We never get to say.

It means I love you first of all,

Then thanks for all you do.

It means you mean a lot to me,

And that I honor you.

But most of all, I guess it means

That I am thinking of

Your happiness on this, your day,

With pleasure and with love.

http://www.anorexics.net/images/myspace/holidays/Happy_Mothers_Day.gif

Before I was a Mom

I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.

I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.

I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom -

I had never been puked on.

Pooped on.

Chewed on.

Peed on.

I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.

I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom

I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.

Or give shots.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried.

I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.

I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom

I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him down.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.

I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.

I never knew that I could love someone so much.

I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom -

I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.

I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.

I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.

I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom -

I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.

I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache,

the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

Send this to someone who you think is a special Mom.

I just did! wub.gif

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful friends.

To the ones that are Mom's and the ones that do the job in their absence. To the Dads that are doing it on their own, you are both - it's your day too. heart.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/MothersDay-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/hmd.jpg

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms!

I took this picture at our Botanical Gardens yesterday - I thought of all my wonderful NWW sisters when I saw how pretty it turned out.

I wish you all a beautiful, happy Mother's Day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/0510081649.jpg

Mom's rock.

RUSH MOM's RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms here. rose.gif

wub.gif With special wishes to Sunny for being Mom to all of our kids. wub.gif

http://www.chromaluna.com/content/comments/animals/cats/holidays/mothersday/PurrfectMothersDay.gif

Happy Mothers Day Mom you are the best Mom a son could ever have and I Love you and miss you so much Mom...love, your Son, Tommy. And Happy Mothers Day To all across the world! 2.gif 1022.gif

Archived