How did you lose your long hair?

blackhawkrush

My wife was getting on me to cut my hair for a long time. One day, I was watching a Chicago Fire game. The boys were leading 1-0 at halftime so I was in a good mood. I foolishly told the wife, 'All right, get the scissors'. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.   :banghead:  

• Like 2

Still got mine at 65! Mind you it's thinning out rapidly on top!! Cue music.... :music: I Think I'm Going Bald :music:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

My wife was getting on me to cut my hair for a long time. One day, I was watching a Chicago Fire game. The boys were leading 1-0 at halftime so I was in a good mood. I foolishly told the wife, 'All right, get the scissors'. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.   :banghead:  

I think something similar happened to Samson's team .  . . 

I had long hair in high school (didn't get it cut between 9th grade and senior year -- my mullet was permed; it was so sweet!) but I was a lead in the Spring play my senior year, and on a whim I got it whacked short. My friends were nonplussed, but my drama teacher was relieved.

I started growing it out again, but between sophomore and junior year of college, I got it cut into a flat top, and two years after that I just buzzed it down to stubble (never a razor, but no guard on the clippers); that was '94, I think, and I haven't had hair since. 

• Like 3

A job on Wall Street.

Wall Street is also mostly responsible for the loss of the short hair too.

Edited by grep
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Definitely not by choice! In 2001 after surgery and being diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins lymphoma, I had the first of seven sessions of chemotherapy.  Nothing much came of it for about 10 days.  I was at my work desk idly running my fingers into my scalp when I come away with a handful of hair. I take another pinch of hair and give it a twist, and out it comes.  No itch or pain involved.

I keep losing bits of my hair to the point of my going to a stylist the next day for a solution.  She tries combing over what's left to half cover my head.  No such luck over the next 3 days,  I KNOW I'm going bald.  Next day (Saturday) I get up, look in the mirror, say "f**k it", and hit the barber shop. They buzz my head down with an electric clipper, then throw on some hot shaving cream and clears it with a hand razor.  Karen's first comment on seeing me was "I got a new,man!" 

Freaked folks out at work when I showed up clean the next Monday.  Of course I didn't care, f**k 'em.  After the chemo ended it took about 10 weeks for my hair to grow out to pre-cancer length.  Somewhere I have a picture cd with the shaved head picture I used as my avatar on CP.  I should post it here just for yuks.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

What were you doing in the Air Force? I was a mechanic.  

Weather, I often wish I chose to be a mechanic. 

• Like 1

When I started working in Casualty then Psychiatric wards.....long hair was far too easy a target for aggressive drunks and mentally disturbed people.

After having several clumps painfully pulled out by the roots I though f**k it and started using clippers.

• Like 3

I started going bald just because of age. The empty patch on my head was slowly getting larger over the last few years, so this summer I just shaved it all off. I'm growing it back in for the winter just to see how it comes back in.

I had it cut. At 45 I thought I had been doing this a long time. I don't give a fuquing chit anymore. Its growing back. All my grays are turning white.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozzy85 said:

I had it cut. At 45 I thought I had been doing this a long time. I don't give a fuquing chit anymore. Its growing back. All my grays are turning white.

My wife keeps complaining about my hair growing back every time she has to cut it. Can't get the metal out of a guy, I guess.   :ROCK:

• Like 1

Never had long hair.  Shaved my head for the first time in Summer 95.  Not gonna lie, Keanu Reeves in Speed inspired me.  Shaved a number of times until just into college and once in 2009.  If only that WERE the last time no thanks to COVID.

Been wearing a goatee a lot more, though.  It makes me look younger, strangely enough.  Tried one in 2003 but I thought it wasn't me at the time.

• Like 1