The Rolling Stones new album - Hackney Diamonds

treeduck

1 hour ago, JohnRogers said:

Is that really necessary or healthy at their age? It would be more appropriate to release an acoustic album of their most tender ballads. 

Shouldn't you be listening to the Sammy Hagar channel on Amazon Prime and wondering why people don't see Balance as Van Halen's apex?  Or contemplating how Giuffria didn't have a larger cultural impact?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Shouldn't you be listening to the Sammy Hagar channel on Amazon Prime and wondering why people don't see Balance as Van Halen's apex?  Or contemplating how Giuffria didn't have a larger cultural impact?

The thought has crossed my mind a time or two. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

The thought has crossed my mind a time or two. 

David Glen Eisley is married to actress Olivia Hussy and she was in Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 film adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. So that serves to provide the cultural part of the equation at least.

36 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Is it me or does Whole Wide World sound like it would fit on an album by the Killers?

Ha! You think the people talking in this thread actually know who The Killers are? 😄

Whole Wide World is my favorite song on the album after my first listen. Definitely a very solid album that I will give more listens too. That is not always a guarantee when a legendary band releases new material.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2023 at 12:33 PM, custom55 said:

Bite My Head Off with McCartney on bass is the best thing The Stones have released since the songs on Tattoo You.

Paul getting fuzzy.

What if Mick, Keith, and Ronnie just added Paul and Ringo to fill out bass and drums and toured as one band? What would it be called?

On 10/20/2023 at 11:24 AM, Rick N. Backer said:

This below is right up there with "only time will tell if we stand the test of time.":

"John Paul's all bulletproof and it really gets me through the roof!"

Let Billy Joel do WDSTF and let Bono be Bono, Sammy.  *looks at Mine All Mine*

On 9/6/2023 at 11:07 PM, Mosher said:

Album cover inspired by Iron Maiden's Dance of Death.

Angry is too- simple? Easy listening? Lacking of any punch?

I don't know what it is, but it feels really low energy.

Nevertheless, like Dance of Death- maybe the inside is far superior to the outside. 

I really hope this isn't the best song. 

EDIT:

I want to add that they sound like they can still sound good with the right material. I have to think something will turn out to sound good on this album. 

I finally listened to the whole album.

I still think Angry sounds like a bad Stones rip-off by a band who has the skills to do better.

Well, the rest of the album really is much better. 

Surprisingly better.

I think this might be their best album in 40 years. 

Edited by Mosher
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

I'm going to give this album a listen today to see if it gets the John Rogers Metal God™ stamp of approval.

Okay, pretty good stuff, some even cranks. After a repeat engagement I could see one or three tracks making my playlist.

11 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

I'm going to give this album a listen today to see if it gets the John Rogers Metal God™ stamp of approval.

2 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Okay, pretty good stuff, some even cranks. After a repeat engagement I could see one or three tracks making my playlist.

Whole Wide World, this is some good shit.

:ROCK:

• Like 2

It’s fine. They sound good for their age. Not a lot here that really excites me to be honest, excepting Sweet Sounds Of Heaven, which out of nowhere approaches Exile On Main St. territory.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

It’s fine. They sound good for their age. Not a lot here that really excites me to be honest, excepting Sweet Sounds Of Heaven, which out of nowhere approaches Exile On Main St. territory.

May I suggest that you give this song another listen?

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 5:46 PM, JohnRogers said:

Whole Wide World, this is some good shit.

:ROCK:

I told my wife the Stones put out a new album. She was like, meh. I played Whole Wide World, she was like :ROCK:

On 10/24/2023 at 11:05 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I do not think I've ever heard you sound so critical before as you are these days, with comments like this and the Blink album.

I like it!

• Like 1

Are the previous two or three albums any good? I came to the Stones very late in life, they weren't metal enough for me. I knew they existed of course, I just didn't care. To me the Stones ended with Undercover, not that I gave a damn.

• Like 1