The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

It was still a fun ride. When they were 6-6, I said I'd be happy if they walked away with a 0.500 season. They more than exceeded expectations. Joe Brady is guaranteed the job of new offensive coordinator (if he doesn't go to Atlanta) and we got to send the Dolphins straight to the final circle of Hell last week. I had a lot of fun the last 6 games.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, goose said:

55f26a97719d5b2d5ccf2638dc293e0893779fb5

Did she pay the Bills' kicker to tank it?   :ohmy:  :wink:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

"Front row tix to my show if you miss"

(Worth more on the market than an NFL playoff win, lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Union 5-3992 said:

We still did better than the Dolphins and the Cowboys. But now instead of 13 seconds, we gotta live with "Wide Right" again

Having to win your way in on week 18, then play Monday which gave you two less days rest than KC had to be a factor.  

8 hours ago, goose said:

"Front row tix to my show if you miss"

(Worth more on the market than an NFL playoff win, lol)

Wind took that far right. He almost had to aim far left to compensate for the wind. 

Reminds me of my golf shots, except no wind factor.

Interesting thought...kc vs detroit in super bowl. Start and end the season with the same teams. Naaaa...not gonna happen.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Buffalo chicken ala Taylor Swift.

Bland chicken thighs with no meat on the bone.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, goose said:

55f26a97719d5b2d5ccf2638dc293e0893779fb5

The hell with Taylor Not So Swift, amongst other people at Ford Field yesterday, Flavor Flav was in da house.  Yeaaah, boiiiiiii!

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/31642/so_what_k_c_s_got_taylor_swift_the_lions_on_sunday_had_bob_seger_jeff_daniels_eminem_big_gretch_flavor_flave 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

The hell with Taylor Not So Swift, amongst other people at Ford Field yesterday, Flavor Flav was in da house.  Yeaaah, boiiiiiii!

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/31642/so_what_k_c_s_got_taylor_swift_the_lions_on_sunday_had_bob_seger_jeff_daniels_eminem_big_gretch_flavor_flave 

Bring the noise!

Saw Public Enemy open for U2 in Oakland.  Killer!

11 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

That's an interesting pairing . . . 

The third act was the Sugarcubes

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, edhunter said:

Just realizing now that the referee f**k up in the Lions Dallas game, cost the Lions home-field for this game Sunday with San Fran

It may appear that way but it's more complicated than that. 

The last regular season game, SF didn't play their regulars vs the Rams since they had home field locked up. If the #1 seed wasn't locked up, they would have played the regulars and likely beat the Rams giving them the #1 seed. There's a number of tiebreakers but I think SF had those as well.

On top of that, SF played Green Bay and almost lost. I don't think Detroit wanted any part of GB in the playoffs.

It all worked out. Lions are 6-3 on the road so they're a pretty good road team. Not fearing the laid back wine and cheese crowd.

• Like 2

Chiefs without Gay and Thuney, gonna be tough both ways.  Thune especially, and I envision Mahomes being on the run for much of the game...and not the good north-south running.

But I am wearing my lucky KC socks and a well-worn lucky cap, so we got that going for us.  :tongue: