What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I was feeling bad a few hours after my dinner (ate a pizza). I was just feeling weird. So I went to the kitchen to take some water.

Then I throw up! And it was not just little...

It was all the food I had been eating during the day. My pizza, my lunch, my breakfast.

Not funny...

Maybe you are coming down with some type of stomach flu, Zumbi.

Do you have a fever?

No I don't think I am because now I feel good again. I guess it was just a bad pizza...

Maybe you are coming down with some type of stomach flu, Zumbi.

Do you have a fever?

No I don't think I am because now I feel good again. I guess it was just a bad pizza...

Sounds like food poisoning from the pizza and you were lucky that your system kicked it out quickly.
  • Like 2

So I'm planning a birthday/graduation party for August. Having moved last summer, I was never able to celebrate getting my high school diploma early. Now, my mother refuses to come to my party because she thinks it's manipulative (I guess she means I'm trying to get gifts from people, which I'm certainly not) and tacky, and she doesn't think I REALLY graduated high school. Like, she actually said that to me.

Mom: "Well, when I actually graduated high school—"

Me: "Wait, are you saying I *didn't* graduate high school?"

Mom: (after a brief pause) "Yes."

:wtf:?! I have a diploma! I couldn't celebrate last year because I was moving! Now my own mother isn't even coming to my graduation party! And by the way, she flunked out of her first year of college, while I actually finished mine, and I'm not even seventeen yet! I should probably bring this to her attention so she'll STFU.

I understand that this isn't the path my mom wanted for me. If she had her way, I'd be homeschooled still, getting C's and D's, and I'd be depressed because she never let me leave the house. When I moved in with my dad, I flourished. I'm thriving right now, but I'm in so much emotional pain that my mother refuses to acknowledge my accomplishments. I don't even remember the last time she even said she was proud of me…

I feel like s***. I want to cry. Does anyone know what I can do to try to get her to come around?

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

So I'm planning a birthday/graduation party for August. Having moved last summer, I was never able to celebrate getting my high school diploma early. Now, my mother refuses to come to my party because she thinks it's manipulative (I guess she means I'm trying to get gifts from people, which I'm certainly not) and tacky, and she doesn't think I REALLY graduated high school. Like, she actually said that to me.

:wtf:?! I have a diploma! I couldn't celebrate last year because I was moving! Now my own mother isn't even coming to my graduation party! And by the way, she flunked out of her first year of college, while I actually finished mine, and I'm not even seventeen yet! I should probably bring this to her attention so she'll STFU.

I understand that this isn't the path my mom wanted for me. If she had her way, I'd be homeschooled still, getting C's and D's, and I'd be depressed because she never let me leave the house. When I moved in with my dad, I flourished. I'm thriving right now, but I'm in so much emotional pain that my mother refuses to acknowledge my accomplishments. I don't even remember the last time she even said she was proud of me…

I feel like s***. I want to cry. Does anyone know what I can do to try to get her to come around?

Sounds like maybe she is a bit jealous or upset you moved in with your dad,

Don't let it bother you too much. You have your whole life ahead of you. She will get over it at some point I'm sure. Have your party and congrats on graduating. :D

• Like 1

@Disk98 Try not giving a shit what your parents think about you, you'll probably feel a lot better. I don't know your parents and maybe they aren't assholes like mine in which case my advice may be inappropriate. But with mine at some point, I realized that it was impossible to both please them and be myself because their personality is completely different from mine. They don't want to accept me for who I am and are only interested to change me into someone I'm not and don't want to be. My advice is just be yourself.

You've done nothing wrong at all and deserved your Mother to be proud of you. The best you can do is move on and don't do the same thing to your childrens' accomplishments. That is, if you ever have children.

Good luck and congratulations.

• Like 1

f***ing car accident. My fault completely - I thought I had enough room to squeeze past and change lanes. Impatience and exhaustion = poor judgment. Tore the running board off of the passenger side. Crap. Other guy was nice; I felt bad, and am still so angry at myself.

Plus side of dating a lawyer: I called him immediately after and he gave me great advice on what NOT to say; i.e.: "do not tell the cop you're exhausted and running on fumes. Do not tell him that you've just flown home from going to a rock concert. Do not volunteer anything." He did calm me down, too. Sucks. I have the cleanest f***ing driving record up to now - haven't had a wreck in decades. I am so pissed at myself.

Does anyone know what I can do to try to get her to come around?

There is nothing that you can do. Obviously, your mother has issues, and only she can solve them. Live your life, and don't let anyone - even a parent - hold you back.

My niece is overworking herself to death just to prove her loser father wrong, just to prove to him that she was not a "mistake". She has to let him go completely, just as you have to let go of your mother. A non-supportive or hostile parent is best left behind. It is up to them to fix themselves.

• Like 1

f***ing car accident. My fault completely - I thought I had enough room to squeeze past and change lanes. Impatience and exhaustion = poor judgment. Tore the running board off of the passenger side. Crap. Other guy was nice; I felt bad, and am still so angry at myself.

Plus side of dating a lawyer: I called him immediately after and he gave me great advice on what NOT to say; i.e.: "do not tell the cop you're exhausted and running on fumes. Do not tell him that you've just flown home from going to a rock concert. Do not volunteer anything." He did calm me down, too. Sucks. I have the cleanest f***ing driving record up to now - haven't had a wreck in decades. I am so pissed at myself.

You live in Atlanta and haven't had a wreck in decades? You're definitely a good driver, plus, you've had to have some good luck along the way.

The other guy was nice on Friday, in Atlanta traffic? Wow! That was pure luck!

Don't beat yourself up too much. That's what we have insurance for and, really, you should take solace that no one was injured. That really is the main thing with the physics and momentum involved with these machines flying all over the road.

...and, you got to see Rush, again. Small price to pay.

Saw some dust marks on an old manual lens I bought a week ago with a film camera. Thought I might take it apart and clean it. Taking it apart was piece of cake but now I can't put it back together. Having it repaired will cost more than it's worth so I might just throw it in the bin or wait till I'm calmer and try again.

Idiot drivers! :rage:

I honestly didn't know that people even drove cars in Alaska. I thought it was just snowmobiles and sleds and sh*t... ;)
  • Like 1

Rain

Hoping for some here tonight and at least some each day for the next couple days anyway. Keeping the grass and plants from dying has been a chore around here for the last few weeks at least. Very hot and little rain. My water bill is normally about 35 dollars a month and my last one was 65. Gotta do it though or everything would be dead by now and all the hard work wasted...

Rain

Hoping for some here tonight and at least some each day for the next couple days anyway. Keeping the grass and plants from dying has been a chore around here for the last few weeks at least. Very hot and little rain. My water bill is normally about 35 dollars a month and my last one was 65. Gotta do it though or everything would be dead by now and all the hard work wasted...

Yeah that's no fun but I'd like at least a few sunny days this summer.

• Like 1

Sciatica pain. I get it every so often but I'm usually able to keep it at bay stretching out. Sometimes it's just more than I can take, and I'm barely able to move. I'll see if more stretching will help me out, but I most likely will have to see a chiropractor and physiotherapist.

And I'm out of job due Tuesday so that expense comes with the worst of timing!

Rain

We FINALLY got some rain here, and got quite a bit of it, as in more than one quick shower. We need more of this. It keeps the temps down, too. I don't mind the humidity, if it keeps it from being 100 plus the sun beating down.
  • Like 2

Sciatica pain. I get it every so often but I'm usually able to keep it at bay stretching out. Sometimes it's just more than I can take, and I'm barely able to move. I'll see if more stretching will help me out, but I most likely will have to see a chiropractor and physiotherapist.

And I'm out of job due Tuesday so that expense comes with the worst of timing!

I've suffered with sciatic pain in both legs for years and it's no joke. Sorry to hear that you're having to deal with it. :hug2:

• Like 1