What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Okay some of what pissed me off today doesn't necessarily belong to this part of the board, so I'll try to restrain myself here...

I guess with every conflict in the middle east and the probability of war, certain religious nut-jobs come out. Today I heard a radio interview with a muslim extremist (mind you that I'm not being prejudiced against ethnicity, but stupidity alone) who have put videos on Youtube shooting at pictures at prominent politicians in Denmark and coming with death threats. When asked by the interviewer if he actually knew what he was saying on radio, he suddenly downplayed the whole thing. He talked about how he wanted to be a martyr and how the word of the Quran was above every other law.

Let me clarify that I'm not pissed because of the Quran or that he is a muslim, I'm pissed at the disregard he shows toward those who doesn't share his own narrow minded, darkened sociopathic interpretation of his religion.

Goddamnit! :rage: :banghead:

Have you read the Quran? He's interpreting correctly. :\

• Like 1

We had a door replaced in our home today- door, frame, trim, everything. But my wife and I were both at work, and my father-in-law was the one who stayed there while he work was being done...anyway, the WRONG door was replaced. And when I found this out and challenged them on it, I had to spend about an hour on the phone with these goons, who were trying to convince me that it wasn't the installer's fault. I persuaded them the best I could, and we did come to a resolution, but my blood was just boiling..

And then...this isn't something that pissed me off, but it was indescribably stressful and terrible, for awhile. I found out that literally while I was having that discussion with those idiots, there was a bomb threat at my sons' school. They were evacuated and dismissed a couple of hours early...and so what if it was a hoax, and the building was cleared after about five hours...the real cost of a situation like that, when no one was physically harmed in the least, is having to explain to my first grader and my fourth grader that there are people who do actually do things like that? Who pays the price for that erosion of security, or peace of mind, or whatever you want to call it?

Yeah...some people piss me off sometimes. Today was crap, in that respect.

But hey...my kids are perfectly fine, and just as happy as always, and it was a perfectly normal Friday night at home. So things aren't bad at all.

• Like 1

My 20-year old niece moved in today, and she brought her year-old blue-grey feline with her....or so she claimed. We couldn't find the cat ANYWHERE. We searched every nook and cranny in the house, upstairs and downstairs.....and there was NO CAT. I was lifting up furniture, using a flashlight.....found nothin'. We started thinking that she got outside somehow......

So I'm watching the Brewer game, thinking that my niece is almost in tears because her cat is gone, and lo and behold, the damned feline just meanders by my chair, checking me out.

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU DAMNED CREATURES??!! DO YOU HAVE CLOAKING DEVICES??!! YOU HAD BETTER TELL ME WHERE YOU WERE HIDING!!!!

:rage: :rage: :laughing guy:

• Like 2

My 20-year old niece moved in today, and she brought her year-old blue-grey feline with her....or so she claimed. We couldn't find the cat ANYWHERE. We searched every nook and cranny in the house, upstairs and downstairs.....and there was NO CAT. I was lifting up furniture, using a flashlight.....found nothin'. We started thinking that she got outside somehow......

So I'm watching the Brewer game, thinking that my niece is almost in tears because her cat is gone, and lo and behold, the damned feline just meanders by my chair, checking me out.

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU DAMNED CREATURES??!! DO YOU HAVE CLOAKING DEVICES??!! YOU HAD BETTER TELL ME WHERE YOU WERE HIDING!!!!

Cats move in mysterious ways, y'know..! :P

^^ cats are assholes. the other night, the damn cat here tried running out the front door full speed as I walked in. Jeff caught him and tried lifting him up to take him inside, and the thing tries clawing him!!! wtf?!

Jeff held him up and went nose to nose with him, swatted the cat and tossed him into the dining room lmao. That thing has been getting mean lately.

Ugh, well, today it upset me greatly to hear about my "mom"....mother? The b*tch who happened to give birth to me?

Ah well. It upsets me to hear about her at all, to be honest, but I keep hearing things that prove she hasn't reflected on herself like she should. And yes, I went there.

She has a year left til the restraining order is up. She better fix her shit FAST if she EVER wants to see her granddaughter again.

What REALLY cracked me up was hearing that she was giving someone hell for "not being a good mother". BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have some room to talk, "mother".

And all this was after my brother was refused service on the city bus because he had a box of presents for my daughter. Apparently, he isn't allowed to carry on a small box of stuff that fits easily on his lap. He said when he pointed out that 2 other guys had duffel bags laid across THREE seats, the bus driver chuckled, said "You're not coming on. Try again some other time." told him to get off the bus and slammed the door in his face before driving off.

WTF.

So, yeah. had a very upset child who was expecting to see her beloved uncle today, she was in tears. And that's no lie- the damn Pace bus drivers ALWAYS act like asshats.

ARRGGGHHHHHH!!!

Edited by hobo73

Cats move in mysterious ways, y'know..! :P

Cats can move through time and space, mine do it all the time :outtahere:

Well I wasn't pissed but I was very sad. I donated my old first car to the Vietnam Vets today. I haven't driven the car in about four years, and every time I came up with the money to try to fix it up, the money ended up going to something else (like a cat, or dental work, etc.) so I gave up and faced facts that I'll never fix it. I hope someone buys it and fixes it up because that car was a solid piece of car! (Volvo 88 Station wagon - had 186K miles on it.) Goodbye Belle, I will miss you!!!

Cats like to hide in cupboards and drawers ;).

Chest pain is pissing me off these days. Read about my symptoms which points to an inflammation caused by a virus, so I'm dressed up in sweaters and scarfs drinking only hot contents, and it has already helped a bit.

Well I wasn't pissed but I was very sad. I donated my old first car to the Vietnam Vets today. I haven't driven the car in about four years, and every time I came up with the money to try to fix it up, the money ended up going to something else (like a cat, or dental work, etc.) so I gave up and faced facts that I'll never fix it. I hope someone buys it and fixes it up because that car was a solid piece of car! (Volvo 88 Station wagon - had 186K miles on it.) Goodbye Belle, I will miss you!!!

Some people will say don't let your stuff own you, and it's only *insert object here* but screw that! Parting with something that has meant a lot for you is not easy.

name='The Analog Grownup' timestamp='1379803321' post='2982976']

Some people will say don't let your stuff own you, and it's only *insert object here* but screw that! Parting with something that has meant a lot for you is not easy.

Thank you! I appreciate that :cheers:[/u]

I'm sure it was hard to say 'bye' to Belle but I bet you have given her to someone who will take very good care of her. It's best to donate items that you yourself cannot use because so many go without and with little to no means of obtaining certain items themselves. I'm very proud of you!

I'm sure it was hard to say 'bye' to Belle but I bet you have given her to someone who will take very good care of her. It's best to donate items that you yourself cannot use because so many go without and with little to no means of obtaining certain items themselves. I'm very proud of you!

Thank you! You have made my day :hug2:

My subconscious, once again, has ruined my sleep session..... :rage: :rage:

Anyone invent an anti-dreaming pill yet? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

• Like 2

Live in Mom-in-law fell again after returning from the bathroom after not turning on the light on the nightstand!! Luckily, nothing was broken as she was able to get out to bed by herself today after I lifted her off the floor for the third time now at 2;30 AM!! I'm glad she only weighs 100 lbs. I've only told her a million times to turn on the light so she can see where she's going and doesn't fall! I think her recent radiation treatments for lung cancer have dissolved her brain too besides the tumors!! Nothing like hearing that thud downstairs, and the screaming begin!! Ugghhh!! I'm getting tired of this shit!! Just Stupid!!!

Co-workers....... I wish I could work ALONE for the rest of my days. I'm just SICK of 'em..... :bitchslap:
  • Like 1