What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

A few minutes ago:

Unpacking from a camping trip. Reaching into a backpack to pull stuff out of it. Slicing open one of my fingers on a razor blade that was in there which had been covered by a sheath which had come off somehow.

Gah.

Horrible sensation, that of feeling a finger being sliced open.

Oh well, band aids.

Ooo! I've done that before! Ouch! :hug2:

Apparently my husband is on his period again.

Eh..?

I've always thought that *most* men get their monthly, absolutely. Moody, irritable, and hilariously emotional over the smallest things. I offered him a Midol and he got pissed lol.

• Like 1

Eh..?

I've always thought that *most* men get their monthly, absolutely. Moody, irritable, and hilariously emotional over the smallest things. I offered him a Midol and he got pissed lol.

Oh dear... :P

Eh..?

I have that severe PMS. It was worse when I was in high school.

My step dad threw a bottle of Midol at me... :LOL:

Like THAT helped. :LMAO:

• Like 1

Coming home after working a 13+ hour day and having to CLEAN THE f***ing KITCHEN after someone had his friend over and left EVERYTHING f***ing out.

Yep, that must be all I'm good for. I have to make a certain amount of money and work work work and all I'm good for is housekeeping. I have to be perfect to be a cool kid. :banghead:

I absolutely hear you.

I'm waiting for the Hoarders crew from A&E to show up at my house one day...none of it is about me.

• Like 1

Coming home after working a 13+ hour day and having to CLEAN THE f***ing KITCHEN after someone had his friend over and left EVERYTHING f***ing out.

Yep, that must be all I'm good for. I have to make a certain amount of money and work work work and all I'm good for is housekeeping. I have to be perfect to be a cool kid. :banghead:

I absolutely hear you.

I'm waiting for the Hoarders crew from A&E to show up at my house one day...none of it is about me.

That's one thing I don't have to worry about. E is pretty clean, and after last nights meltdown to the kids about me working for two straight weeks in a row with NO break, and the days are mostly 13 or more hours of zero down time, I think they need to help out more. I don't want to come home from work and clean up everyones messes while they sit on the couch. The reason why I'm working is to provide singing lessons, horse lessons and trips.

Everyone got up and got busy at that point. :LOL:

I absolutely hear you.

That's one thing I don't have to worry about. E is pretty clean, and after last nights meltdown to the kids about me working for two straight weeks in a row with NO break, and the days are mostly 13 or more hours of zero down time, I think they need to help out more. I don't want to come home from work and clean up everyones messes while they sit on the couch. The reason why I'm working is to provide singing lessons, horse lessons and trips.

Everyone got up and got busy at that point. :LOL:

Husband and I (he is messy sometimes to the point of being an out-and-out slob) finally have found what works, after 10 years of battling about housekeeping.

I finally just said, "Look. Just focus on picking up after yourself. That is all I am asking. No more accumulating piles of random papers, magazines, post-it notes and receipts on the floor, sofa, table, recliner, etc. Put dishes in the dishwasher instead of in the sink or leaving them on the floor where you put them for the dogs to lick. If you spill ketchup on the counter, please use a paper towel and 409 and wipe it up, don't just swipe at it half-assedly.

I will do EVERYTHING ELSE - vacuum and mop, laundry, dusting, bathroom cleaning."

It's working. And honestly I was doing most of all of that other stuff anyway - it's just a lot easier now that I don't have so much of his random mess to deal with. Best part is no more screaming battles over what a sty the house is!

• Like 1

I heard two terrible words just a little while ago. "Timing Belt". Throw in a broken map sensor and it's time to go into the savings account again (unless someone wants to send me $1280). I swear that my cars have become sentient and they know when I finally get ahead and brake on purpose.

Eh..?

I have that severe PMS. It was worse when I was in high school.

My step dad threw a bottle of Midol at me... :LOL:

Like THAT helped. :LMAO:

LMAO!!!!! hahahahaha

Eh..?

Oh dear... :P

Oh boy I can relate, expect for emotional part. Despite my placid and easygoing demeanor I can be a pretty moody f*cker. :eyeroll:

• Like 1

Meanwhile back at the book zoo, we're painting and in the middle of it all, I get, "can we have this?, can we have that?, can we buy this?, can we buy that?, can we get? can we buy? can we think about fixing? can we think about purchasing? can we think about re-?

HEY, DO YA THINK CAN WE PAINT THE DAMNED THING FIRST? This is the first coat of anything that has touched the walls of this place in 28 years since the place opened sporting beige tweed Miami Vice leisure suit wallpaper crap they have on the walls now. Leave me alone, dammitt!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

This is going to be basically a bunch of jibberish to most people, but just bear with me and trust me that it sucked. Big time.

I had to drop gel in a 35ish fixture F-cyc from the focus chair, except I was facing the back of the fixtures. So I was in a dark theatre and not able to see what the hell I was doing because the bridge between the stage left mid-gallery and the stage right mid-gallery was in my face.

F-cyc gel frames load from the bottom and they have to bend into their place where they hook in on the top. Needless to say about four actually cooperated, and I was about to throw so many gel frames everywhere, it was ridiculous. They kept popping out, going in crooked, getting stuck. You name it, they did it! Basically everything but actually WORK.

God forbid something would be easy in my work day. :rage:

Nasty dreams about nasty former jobs and nasty ex-friends.....not a good way to start the day. :doh:

Yesterday I took a nice new service truck up north to a mine site. I was supposed to be there at noon to pick up an old truck that needs service and return it to town. I drove 3.5 hours to the mine site and it was 12:00 and I was 6.5 KM away from the mine when I got to a bridge. The bridge was closed from 8 am to 6 pm for construction. At 6 I carried onto the mine site. When I got there they called buddy to bring me his truck. He didn't know he was getting a new truck so I had to help him swap his gear over for an hour and a half. I get out of the mine at 7PM and beginning my 3.5 hour drive home but this new truck won't go over 90km(55mph) without shaking like a mofo. I have to go 80(50) to keep it in a straight line. Then 20 minutes outside of the mine the dashlights all came on. Service 4wd, Service Transmission, Service Engine, ABS, Parking Brake, Change Oil. I thought I was going to be stranded in the middle of nowhere overnight. I limped it into town and my 3.5 hour return trip took 5 hours. In total I was on the road from 7:30 am to 12:15 am earning me 16.5 hours of work. It should of been an 8 hour return trip. FML

Sorry about the wall of text.

Nasty dreams about nasty former jobs and nasty ex-friends.....not a good way to start the day. :doh:

It must be catching. I dreamed I was at my old job and had to run down to the warehouse and someone driving a forklift with a big crate on it hit me in the head. That put me off all day.

My nephew was just dropped off for not only screaming and swiping at his mother, but she had to chase him throughout the parking lot and literally carry him and put him into her car.

He is, as I type, sitting at the kitchen table.

It started out as 1 page, front and back, "I am in trouble for acting like a brat."

He immediately started talking shit to me and stomped on my foot. He is now at ten pages and refuses to write.

he's not gonna like me.

I had yet another nightmare about being back in college and being late for an exam, or forgetting to attend a class for weeks, or finding out that I don't have enough credits to get my degree..... :o :o

CHRIST.....it's been over TEN YEARS since I graduated! My sub-conscious needs to get with the program!! :facepalm:

I'm not exactly "pissed", just really upset and kinda sad that I have to have a talk with my friend when he gets off work tonight.

I do not want him drinking around me again. Let's just say he crossed many lines last night while plastered, and it will not be tolerated.

I'm not exactly "pissed", just really upset and kinda sad that I have to have a talk with my friend when he gets off work tonight.

I do not want him drinking around me again. Let's just say he crossed many lines last night while plastered, and it will not be tolerated.

Drinking: Only good at getting you in trouble.

Drinking: Only good at getting you in trouble.

Yeah, apparently! We haven't had anything for a while, and decided to just relax and let loose a little last night with a friend. Everything was fine, but he got to that point and I'm really not in a good mood about it today. Just wanna be alone with my music, I guess.

Jeff is very upset with him as well, but he is letting me handle it my way. I had to convince him >.<

AGH sorry! You're all awesome, and I know I've got support here if need be and can get very good advice :)

Tired of my sisters in law dumping their sons here when they act up.

So, so tired.

One of them is here now, refusing to come in, screaming at my father in law and now my husband. My sister in law refused to let her husband, the boys' step father, call the cops because "If the cops get called out here one more time, that'll COMPLETELY f**k up his court date next week."

Yes, he is already pleading guilty to assault charges. He is 15.

LET HIM SIT IN JAIL. BECAUSE NOW MY FATHER IN LAW IS BEYOND FURIOUS AND WAS DISRESPECTED IN HIS OWN HOME.

And now my HUSBAND is getting shit for going out there to let his dad come in and get out of the way of this little asshat?!

I would let my kid get arrested. Screw that noise.

Also pissed that my sister in law got super lippy with ME when I answered the phone. Cool your shit. I did NOTHING to you.

Welp, my pissed offed ness started Tuesday when I come back to work from a small holiday.

I got chewed out for not quoting a boat a client didn't ask me to quote because he hadn't picked it up yet. And, I also got chewed up for not starting his billing account, on a policy I didn't write. :rage:

Then, yesterday, I tried to get a few policies started. Was that going to go smoothly??? f**k NO. Of course not!!! I have to requote ALL NINE POLICIES. And, of course my Facking computer is going south in a hurry. Boss is on vacation, the CSR didn't show or call to work today and I don't have passwords to EITHER computer. Just mine, which is good as nothing at this point.

While I'm trying to write new damn business, I get another 12 quote household to start and all the lines are ringing off the hook as well as people coming in and wasting my time with a chronic late payer that is pissed off that she has to pay late fees. Her mom died back in May, and is actively dying this month too. I don't feel sorry for her since I've made notes every month she's been in with her excuses on why she can't pay on time. I really enjoyed her display of Poor me and f**k you for adding on late fees that I had no control over at all. I decided I was going to have fun listening to her rant and rave and I didn't give her the reaction she wanted, so she left in a huge huff of "I'm going to quit you and go somewhere else." I replied with, "Ok, just make sure you don't cancel with us before you put another policy in place or it will be considered a lapse by the system and raise your rates." Oh, boy, she didn't like that!!!

As Murphies Law would have it, I'm handling both lines, people that are walking in and are pissed that I'm the only person here, and that I have to rewrite quotes that are failing once I tried to submit them.

GOTDANDRUFFSOMEOFITITCHES!!!! :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

And, so today, it starts the same thing. CSR finally text me saying she was at the dr's and waiting since 8:15. Really? REALLY?!! :sarcastic:

Phone is ringing off the hook again, the Service Center can't help me with the policies that are getting error messages and people are coming in again.

I know it's business, but we are NEVER this busy. Ever. :sarcastic:

I don't mind being busy, and I love it, but a little help here? :fuckinputer:

Oh, and I have clients that know I'm working a second 3/4 time job and want their hair done NOW and I can't do it NOW. One wants me to do his haircut at his house, not mine, and the others are bitching because I can't fit them in right away. f**k people.

Edited by Alsgalpal
  • Like 1

*claps*

F*ck people INDEED. Don't you know? Once people have something that MUST be done for them NOW, they don't care that you are busy with others. Their needs are most important. *eye roll*

*hugs* :)

• Like 1

I had yet another nightmare about being back in college and being late for an exam, or forgetting to attend a class for weeks, or finding out that I don't have enough credits to get my degree..... :o :o

CHRIST.....it's been over TEN YEARS since I graduated! My sub-conscious needs to get with the program!! :facepalm:

Bad news. I finished my graduate education more than 20 years ago. I still periodically have that dream. Usually it's the end of the semester and I realize I haven't kept a journal or read the books I was supposed to read.