"The Last Domino?" Tour? My Last Thread On The Rush Forum? GENESIS OPENING IN CHICAGO! YOU GOING?

RUSHHEAD666

I'm sure there is a Genesis Thread on here about their new tour but I don't have time to flip through the pages.

I'm gonna shoot up some herion.

Snort some whiskey and drink some cocaine.

PAT TRAVERS!!! DUH!!!

I bet all the newbies on here don't even know who Pat Travers is.

True or false.

Nico McBrain and Tommy Aldridge were both in the Pat Travers Band.

Anyway I had to give in and get a ticket to see Genesis on OPENING NIGHT in Chicago!

Who is going????

Anyone on here?

Are you all gonna bitch about how expensive it is?

That was always a big turn off on here.

People bitching about concert ticket prices.

Even you so call Rush Fans crying in your fuckking non alcoholic beer about cash grabs.

Jesus, just stay home and rot.

YOLO!!!

I was going to see Genesis 14 years ago in San Jose Ca.

I work in Hayward.

I was only 30 minutes away, but I chose to make a right and commute home.

I regret that to this day.

So now I can redeem myself.

I never peak at set lists, but I saw the Genesis set in Europe and I almost had a stroke.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE NICK COLLINS!

To see him play on the skins with his dad singing will be EPIC!!!!

You all must get Nick's album SOUND OF CONTACT. Hannah sings a duet on the record. She and her husband are good friends of mine.

I'm going to drink a whole bottle of vodka and start DANCING ON A VOLCANO!

• Like 3

All this talk about Phil and Nick Collins, Nicko McBrain and Tommy Aldridge reminded me of the drummer that started it all - Mr. Carmine Appice, who influenced 100% of rock drummers, including Neil. Here's a chat I had with him two weeks ago:

• Like 4

I'm going to drink a whole bottle of vodka and start DANCING ON A VOLCANO!

What an excellent tune!

I am not the biggest fan of pop Genesis, but seeing their treatment of The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway makes it somewhat tempting. Chicago is about a 600 mile drive for me, so I am probably not going.

I saw some youtude footage of the opening UK shows.

Phil looks in pretty bad shape.

I couldn't face a concert watching him like that.

All very sad.

• Like 3

EARL!!!

I'm not gonna read this thread to much because I'm trying to avoid spoilers, and you never know what someone might say in passing... which of course means...

I'M GOING!!!!!

Not Chicago I'm afraid. Columbus. But I cannot wait!!! They could play all of the filler tracks from We Can't Dance and I would still have a great time. Super excited!

• Like 1

All very sad.

From the clips I saw, Phil didn't sound too bad vocally. He doesn't have the vocal strength he used to but he can still carry a tune decent enough. Him sitting in the chair kind of makes me think of a grandfather inviting all the kids to gather around so he can tell stories from when he was younger.

• Like 2

All very sad.

From the clips I saw, Phil didn't sound too bad vocally. He doesn't have the vocal strength he used to but he can still carry a tune decent enough. Him sitting in the chair kind of makes me think of a grandfather inviting all the kids to gather around so he can tell stories from when he was younger.

I'm not sure I want my last memories of Genesis live to be that ....... tbh i would sooner go to a Steve Hackett concert and watch him and his ensemble play the Genesis music as it should be heard.

They seem to have brought back a few nuggets, but the setlist appears pretty rigid and based around their big hit singles. I'm not sure even a fully functioning Phil would've tempted me to shell out the required cash to witness this show.

As I said to my mate who is going, their problem is 90% of the people who buy tickets to see Genesis are only interested in hearing 10% of their back catalogue.

Edited by Lurkst

Dude, lay off the crack pipe. Lol.

Anyway, I'm seeing them in December in Philly as long as all goes as planned and it isn't cancelled because of covid or anything like that. I've only seen Genesis once before but along with Yes and Rush they are one of my all time favorite bands.

Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 1

Anyway, I'm seeing them in December in Philly as long as all goes as planned and it isn't cancelled because of covid or anything like that. I've only seen Genesis once before but along with Yes and Rush they are one of my all time favorite bands.

How did you know crack was my drug of choice? Lol!

I prefer shooting heroin in my penis.

Does wonders for romance!

I've only seen the Invisible Touch Tour.

Killing me.

Time for some Wind And Wuthering and a crack bong hit.

• Like 2

EARL!!!

I'm not gonna read this thread to much because I'm trying to avoid spoilers, and you never know what someone might say in passing... which of course means...

I'M GOING!!!!!

Not Chicago I'm afraid. Columbus. But I cannot wait!!! They could play all of the filler tracks from We Can't Dance and I would still have a great time. Super excited!

I understand buddy! HOPE YOU ARE WELL!!!! RUSH ON!!!

• Like 1

Tickets are too much money.

And sentence structure.

WTF.

Bruh!!!

Building sentence structures like the "Bridge Of Sighs."

Signed,

Robin Trower

Your god looks down in anger

.unctuation is in The details

Stay thirsty friend

Killing me.

I prefer drinking Liquid Wrench. To each their own.

• Like 1

Killing me.

I prefer drinking Liquid Wrench. To each their own.

Is that Liquid Wrench or Liquid Wench? Lol!

I need some Drano.

I feel like the musical landscape surrounding Genesis has shifted a whole lot since they last toured in 2007... and from the clips I've seen I feel like they've missed an interesting opportunity to make better artistic choices.

Since their last tour, The Musical Box (their spot-on tribute band) has really gained popularity...and I think it can be argued that their success lead to Steve Hackett's current mode of performance, which is all about honouring the original Genesis stuff with an eye on fidelity to the actual spirit of the band. I think the actual band could have re-claimed some of this energy, even with Phil in the state he's in, but from what I've seen it's all kinda a copy of the 2007 version of things. Like, when I saw Firth Of Fifth on the list of songs, I had a little glimmer of hope that they might actually play the song... but of course it's just the instrumental/guitar solo section that they alway trot out...with Phil's son doing his best 80's style Phil drumming. Imagine them going for the sort of thing Hackett does these days...imagine Phil being in Peter's role while Nick actually drums the parts in the more subtle, jazzy style of Phil circa '73.

I hate being a nay-sayer, particularly about a band I really love...but I'd rather see The Musical Box than this version of the band.

• Like 1

I saw a video clip of the tour. I could hardly watch Phil, in a chair, hitting a tambourine, singing the best he could but obviously struggling. The usual characters, Mike and Tony, Daryl and Phils son and backup guys are great. But (for me) its too sad to see Phil like that, I couldn't watch that.
  • Like 1

Tickets are too much money.

And sentence structure.

WTF.

Bruh!!!

Building sentence structures like the "Bridge Of Sighs."

Signed,

Robin Trower

We're living in the Day of the Earl, not the dove! :haz:
  • Like 1