The 2020 NFL thread...14 teams in the playoffs? A 17 game regular season? wtf???

laughedatbytime

Some beautiful losses out there today for the Vikings, Pansies and Asshatlanta Failclowns, truly beautiful. :heart:

Not to mention the Detroit Pussies and the Miami Pollock Trashfish.

Some beautiful losses out there today for the Vikings, Pansies and Asshatlanta Failclowns, truly beautiful. :heart:

Not to mention the Detroit Pussies and the Miami Pollock Trashfish.

And the Tampa Bay Tom Bradys were taken care of as well.

• Like 1

The artificial crowd is pure shit. It’s the same senseless noise all game long. An irritating distraction.
  • Like 1

I don’t know how many games I can watch before I OD on wokeness. I hope this peters out fast so I can watch a game and actually escape the political stupidity of America right now.

Just tune in at kickoff...

It’s in the end zones, on the uniforms, and commentators talk about it. I’m streaming on NFL Gamepass so if I don’t watch live at least I don’t get the woke infomercials.

• Like 1

I don’t know how many games I can watch before I OD on wokeness. I hope this peters out fast so I can watch a game and actually escape the political stupidity of America right now.

No one cares.

Apparently viewership is down during a time where people have a lot fewer entertainment options. I want sports to unify and be an escape from the political nonesense. I suspect there are more than a few others who agree.

Code for "I'm tired of listening to/seeing black people complain"?

Just wondering.............

Please take your racist horseshit somewhere else.

• Like 2

The artificial crowd is pure shit. It’s the same senseless noise all game long. An irritating distraction.

It’s certainly weird, but complete silence might be weirder. And at least the artificial crowd doesn’t boo pregame political statements like the real one in KC.

• Like 1

It’s certainly weird, but complete silence might be weirder. And at least the artificial crowd doesn’t boo pregame political statements like the real one in KC.

Surely you would prefer the booing?

I'm anything but

Love it when the person who makes a statement that reeks of racism(LedRush) turns the tables and calls the person who points out his racism a "racist". Classic !!
  • Like 2

Love it when the person who makes a statement that reeks of racism(LedRush) turns the tables and calls the person who points out his racism a "racist". Classic !!

It's all they got my friend.

I don't think LR's post was racist. I think it's a fair point to be discussed: at what point does a sports league cross the line from allowing players to express themselves on social issues to bombarding the audience with political messages. I don't know how old you are, but you may recall the in the 1985 season, Bears' QB Jim McMahon got in hot water for wearing headbands, visible only if he took his helmet off of course, bearing the logo of some company that didn't advertise with the NFL. So in the very close Super Bowl that year against a vastly superior team that had a couple tough breaks ( ;) trying to keep this relatively light) he wore white headbands that had things like "Rozelle" or "POW-MIA" written on them. Kaepernick wanted to kneel for the anthem. I personally couldn't care less if they even PLAY the anthem before games. But we're way past that now. If you've watched an NBA game this summer, the players look a little like the old XFL with shirts with nicknames on them, except now it's politically approved messages that are on the shirts. Do you think a player could wear a shirt that said, "Justice for the Chinese Uyghur Muslims?" I'm skeptical. I'm a sports fan, and I have 2 teenage kids. I assure you, they don't lack exposure to the debate over social issues in many aspects of their lives. Isn't it fair to question how far the sports leagues should be going with this? Should the NBA allow a player whose brother is a cop wear a "Blue Lives Matter" jersey? What about "Biden Harris 2020?"

• Like 2

You own any mirrors?

• Like 1

You own any mirrors?

Another example!

I smell straw... lol

• Like 2

I wouldn't boast about your strawman argument.

• Like 2

Let's keep things focused on football, and leave the politics in SOCN.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, it’s being jammed down our throats. I’m out on the NBA...but that was easy as it was my 4th favorite sport and their support of pure evil in Hong Kong and Xinjiang is completely indefensible. MLB (my second favorite) was close, but they’ve dialed back the racist wokeness and aren’t nearly as hypocritical as the NBA. But the NFL is my favorite, and they’re laying it on thicker than the MLB, and this is becoming a close decision for me. I want the escapism of sports, and I’m unhappy that it’s being taken away.

Let's keep things focused on football, and leave the politics in SOCN.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, it’s being jammed down our throats.

Yeah, but I think it can be discussed better in SOCN. The politics of the day don't have to poison every conversation. Sports should unite us...

3igr5mh2zda21.jpg

• Like 3

Seahawks with a convincing win and Wilson looking in good form...........

As a lifelong Seahawks fan (I turned 20 just after their first game ever in Sept. of '76) I spent over 3 decades fantasizing about what it would be like to have a Hall of Fame QB playing for my team. Now I turn on the TV and experience it every Sunday. It's a helluva feeling.

• Like 1