JohnRogers

Anyone else think that was Snoke being grown in that chamber?

I'm almost certain of it, which would explain why they would want a force user's blood for the creation process. The scientist in the recording also mentioned the donor's "M-count," which almost certainly refers to midi-chlorians. I think the empire wants the child in order to create Snoke / clone Palpatine.

• Like 1

Man, at this point the show's target audience has really zeroed in on me. Do I remember the expanded universe? Yep. Am I a fan of the prequels? Yep. Did I watch the Clone Wars? Yep. Do I want to know more about the sequels? Yep. Am I a sucker for fan service? Absolutely.

This show is one giant gratification for being a Star Wars nerd.

Man, at this point the show's target audience has really zeroed in on me. Do I remember the expanded universe? Yep. Am I a fan of the prequels? Yep. Did I watch the Clone Wars? Yep. Do I want to know more about the sequels? Yep. Am I a sucker for fan service? Absolutely.

This show is one giant gratification for being a Star Wars nerd.

Best episode yet, imo.
  • Like 2

He’s still Baby Yoda to me.

That species ages really slow. He's already like 50 and he's still a kid. Didn't Yoda make it to like 900? He's still baby Yoda for a while yet. But it's nice to get a name and some background on the character now.

Is Mark Hamil going to be on the show? If Grogu has to go to a Jedi temple and send out a signal to reach another Jedi, who else would be a better choice than Luke to answer him?

• Like 1

That species ages really slow. He's already like 50 and he's still a kid. Didn't Yoda make it to like 900? He's still baby Yoda for a while yet. But it's nice to get a name and some background on the character now.

Is Mark Hamil going to be on the show? If Grogu has to go to a Jedi temple and send out a signal to reach another Jedi, who else would be a better choice than Luke to answer him?

I was just thinking of that over the weekend. You've got to wonder too, I think Leia also trained as a Jedi after Episode 6. It's possible we could see someone playing the role of young Leia.

I was just thinking of that over the weekend. You've got to wonder too, I think Leia also trained as a Jedi after Episode 6. It's possible we could see someone playing the role of young Leia.

Right. Even with some CGI enhancement. Hopefully a little better than what we saw in Rogue One.

• Like 1

Ezra Bridger. ??

Ezra Bridger. ??

I've just started Rebels, but I accidentally spoiled I think the end of it for me trying to read up about Thrawn. So yes that does seem to be a possibility as well.

Right. Even with some CGI enhancement. Hopefully a little better than what we saw in Rogue One.

It's a tough game to play. Hire somebody new and you risk another fail like the guy they hired for Solo. Do a full CGI reconstruction and people feel all weird about it. They also might shy away from including our favorite Disney princess just because of how difficult a line that is to walk.

• Like 1

Yeah, there's no telling what "aging equivalents" are, but if Yoda lived to be c. 900, then if we imagine a 90-year-old human, Grogu would be about five -- so not a baby, but still a lot of work. It would explain why Mando isn't changing diapers, though.

Please, dear Force, no CGI-Leia; just hire somebody else, or make it Bridger, etc.

Yeah, there's no telling what "aging equivalents" are, but if Yoda lived to be c. 900, then if we imagine a 90-year-old human, Grogu would be about five -- so not a baby, but still a lot of work. It would explain why Mando isn't changing diapers, though.

Please, dear Force, no CGI-Leia; just hire somebody else, or make it Bridger, etc.

What about getting Carrie's daughter, Billie Lourd to play Leia? I mean it would make sense if they were going that route.

• Like 1

What about getting Carrie's daughter, Billie Lourd to play Leia? I mean it would make sense if they were going that route.

I just looked her up, wow! She looks a lot like her mom. Perhaps that would be a feasible option then. No CGI necessary, she's family so no one's likely to complain about bringing in unworthy actors to play roles from the originals, and she doesn't look 100% exactly like Carrie so there shouldn't be any protest about her looking too much like her mom either. If they decide to bring Leia into this, that would be a great way to do it.

• Like 1

It's a tough game to play. Hire somebody new and you risk another fail like the guy they hired for Solo. Do a full CGI reconstruction and people feel all weird about it. They also might shy away from including our favorite Disney princess just because of how difficult a line that is to walk.

Gotta do it like they did with the Bond films - go whole-hog and embrace a different actor. Getting a look alike, sound alike will never ever work.

Wasn't she in the last 3 films?

Yeah, just a small role where she played some leuteniant working with Leah. I know her from Scream Queens and the last three seasons of American Horror Story. Solid actress who can do both serious and funny pretty well.

Gotta do it like they did with the Bond films - go whole-hog and embrace a different actor. Getting a look alike, sound alike will never ever work.

Agreed.
  • Like 1

Those stormtroopers can't hit shit no matter what, huh? Moff Gideon has two Mandalorian's and some possible Jedi's coming after him now. This won't end well for him.

And I really doubt Mando can't enlist some other new friends for help if it comes down to the wire. Ahsoka... Bo Katan...

• Like 1

Those stormtroopers can't hit shit no matter what, huh?

lol! Kind of made for a dullish episode, imo. Waste one shipful, and another shows up. Waste them as well, burning up a big chunk of time. Wondering why didn't Mando grab his jetpack before the ascent?

Those stormtroopers can't hit shit no matter what, huh?

lol! Kind of made for a dullish episode, imo. Waste one shipful, and another shows up. Waste them as well, burning up a big chunk of time. Wondering why didn't Mando grab his jetpack before the ascent?

They were basically there to make Bobo look strong. They were jobbers.

• Like 1

Another great episode. Really enjoyed Bill Burr's performance. You could just see him get more and more visibly agitated while trying to keep a straight face when talking to that scummy imp captain.
  • Like 2

Yeah, just a small role where she played some leuteniant working with Leah. I know her from Scream Queens and the last three seasons of American Horror Story. Solid actress who can do both serious and funny pretty well.

Lourd technically already has played a young Leia Organa. It was in Rise of Skywalker - CGI’d version of Carrie Fisher’s likeness