JohnRogers

Welcome to the watchers' club, then! I like episode four -- this week, instead of John Wick, we get The Magnificent Seven (although not seven). At least there was more dialogue, and the Gina Carano character was a good add; I wonder if that's the last we'll see of her?

Just got done watching all 5 episodes at my niece's place. She worships it..... :laughing guy:

I think it's pretty good, but quite predictable in several spots. It has elements of The Man With No Name as well as Samurai Jack, which is good.

I have spoken. - Best line of the series so far!

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that Baby Yoda is the best.

Yet this was the first episode that left me feeling meh. I do agree with Principled Man that we've got that Samurai Jack vibe -- every episode he encounters some new obstacle, solves it, moves on. He's not much more of talker than Jack, either! Still, if that's what we're getting, it's done at a high level, and I'll keep watching.

Star Wars is back baby! If you’re old school Star Wars wondering what the life of a Solo like smuggler might be or played Star Wars roll playing games this is up your alley. Enough of the clichés.

The rich universe is displayed in a smaller, more intimate scale while still feeling vast. What is surviving in the post empire environment all about? Who is this Mandalorian? The episode started off fun if not predictable but ends with a hook that is a home run.

Only complaint there is no preview for the next episode. WTF?

I've been meh about the last few major movie releases [i have not seen Rogue yet, which I was told by a trusted friend was good], but I'm definitely looking forward to this (waiting for most of the episodes to finish and plan to binge watch to catchup). The previews look great, definitely my favorite era/style SW.

I've been meh about the last few major movie releases [i have not seen Rogue yet, which I was told by a trusted friend was good], but I'm definitely looking forward to this (waiting for most of the episodes to finish and plan to binge watch to catchup). The previews look great, definitely my favorite era/style SW.

Rogue One is an excellent film. If we rate the original trilogy as "The Best", then IMO, Rogue One comes next. There is no sugar coating, no forced humor, no "made for children" characters. Just great drama & acting and a very good story.

• Like 2

Rogue One is an excellent film. If we rate the original trilogy as "The Best", then IMO, Rogue One comes next. There is no sugar coating, no forced humor, no "made for children" characters. Just great drama & acting and a very good story.

It's the perfect prequel for New Hope, IMO. I hope that someday we will see scenes that make the end of Rogue One and New Hope ft together seamlessly. Even it's it's just 5-10 minutes of film. Vader checking in with Palpatine, Maybe Leia phoning home to Bail..Rogue squadron returning to Yavin, etc. R2 and 3P0 were on the Tantive IV too at the end of Rogue One... what were they doing?

Unlike episodes 1, 2 and 3, Rogue One feels like a proper prequel to New Hope.

The softer kid friendly humor stuff is such a mixed bag with the Star Wars franchise. 3PO and R2DR, the soccer ball droid, the droid in RO and "baby Yoda" are all examples of getting it right. Then I could go on all day with what they got wrong starting with the Ewoks. Of course Jar-Jar Binks sits atop the throne of shit.

The softer kid friendly humor stuff is such a mixed bag with the Star Wars franchise. 3PO and R2DR, the soccer ball droid, the droid in RO and "baby Yoda" are all examples of getting it right. Then I could go on all day with what they got wrong starting with the Ewoks. Of course Jar-Jar Binks sits atop the throne of shit.

The Ewoks would have been just fine if they hadn't looked like teddy bears. They should'a been a little bigger and meaner.

• Like 1

The Ewoks would have been just fine if they hadn't looked like teddy bears. They should'a been a little bigger and meaner.

More like badgers!

• Like 1

More like badgers!

Like THIS:

mean_badger.jpg

Not like this:

51YwyczmQFL.jpg

• Like 1

Boba Fett at the end there. Calling it now. He survived the Sarlacc.

Man I hope! But didn't he have a shorter cape?

I'm pretty sure the old cape was digested. ;)

• Like 1

They got what they deserved.

Best episode so far, imo.

Only because Bill Burr was in it!! :D He was really good. :ebert:

He was. I think every chatacter was very well done.

He was. I think every chatacter was very well done.

Who is Bill Burr? Off to the Google Machine.

Are those X-Wings?

Was that the first time a character used the term X-Wing in canon?

Edited by grep
  • Like 1