3 guitars?

Rutlefan

Favorite songs featuring at least three guitars, on top of bass?

Of several Radiohead songs that would work, "Paranoid Android" and "Knives Out" are as good as any:

More recently by The Church, 2017's "I Don't Know How I Don't Know Why" and "Another Century":

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

^ That's great! I'd heard of this but never listened closely before. Love it :guitar: .

p.s., I imagine there's a lot of "Southern" rock which will fit this bill. Which is cool. Not my expertise but I love a good song, especially one with many many guitars.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

^ That's great! I'd heard of this but never listened closely before. Love it :guitar: .

p.s., I imagine there's a lot of "Southern" rock which will fit this bill. Which is cool. Not my expertise but I love a good song, especially one with many many guitars.

That's a great song. There is a video of it live: https://youtu.be/hIaS_vYIQ_A

You can watch them in action! :)

Iron Maiden has 3 guitars in the band - but i'm pretty sure that Janick isn't actually in the mix.
  • Like 1

Iron Maiden has 3 guitars in the band - but i'm pretty sure that Janick isn't actually in the mix.

It's weird, after all these years and seeing them multiple times I still have no idea what Janick even plays during a lot of the songs. There are certainly times you can hear him but plenty more where it doesn't seem like there's any sound coming from his guitar even though he is clearly moving his hands like he's playing. When Adrian came back, I don't think they had the heart to fire him and thought the three guitar thing looked cool which it definitely does. I think they told him just to do whatever on stage and have fun because Dave and Adrian can handle everything.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Live you can't tell the difference.

On recordings you can't tell the difference either - because multitracking.

So he just runs around on stage having 'fun'. At 67 years old or whatever he is. Great paying gig I suppose.

Live you can't tell the difference.

On recordings you can't tell the difference either - because multitracking.

So he just runs around on stage having 'fun'. At 67 years old or whatever he is. Great paying gig I suppose.

Some song intros are Janick's like Dance Of Death and The Talisman. He's pretty good at those but once the songs kick in I think he just mainly plays support to whatever Adrian and Dave are doing. He just thickens up their sound a bit.

This is easy.

Fridge loves this song. :LOL: :cool: ;)

So do LABT and I! :yes: :hi:

Wow! Add me to that list!