The 2019 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Gotta feel for Jim Berry of WFOR here in Miami. He's the MC "sentenced" to a show called "Dolphins 5th Quarter". Pray for him, and bring on the bagheads!

Still not the toughest job in Florida. That has to be anyone on the grand jury who had to watch video of the Patriots owner getting a hand job in the sex parlor trial.

Or anyone near Hard Rock whose business depends on fans attending games after September.

OTOH, the easiest job will be cleaning up the stadium in about a week or so. Empty 2 half-filled trash barrels and you’re done.

The trash was likely gone by 6:00 tonight.

The hardest job, or at least the most disgusting one, will be cleaning under the counter in the visiting owner's skybox. I heard that the Dolphins ownership group, nothing if not classy, refrained from putting up pictures of Myra in advance of the game.

Gotta feel for Jim Berry of WFOR here in Miami. He's the MC "sentenced" to a show called "Dolphins 5th Quarter". Pray for him, and bring on the bagheads!

Still not the toughest job in Florida. That has to be anyone on the grand jury who had to watch video of the Patriots owner getting a hand job in the sex parlor trial.

Or anyone near Hard Rock whose business depends on fans attending games after September.

OTOH, the easiest job will be cleaning up the stadium in about a week or so. Empty 2 half-filled trash barrels and you’re done.

The trash was likely gone by 6:00 tonight.

The hardest job, or at least the most disgusting one, will be cleaning under the counter in the visiting owner's skybox. I heard that the Dolphins ownership group, nothing if not classy, refrained from putting up pictures of Myra in advance of the game.

Wait ‘til next year. The ‘fins are rebuilding right now. You can’t expect a team to keep winning all the time with no down years.

Annnnnd- Ben Roethlisberger is out for the rest of the season with elbow surgery. Backup Mason Rudolph didn't look too bad yesterday but we'll see. The Steelers lost an important receivers coach due to his passing away, and an important offensive line coach to Denver, and I think it's showing. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Annnnnd- Ben Roethlisberger is out for the rest of the season with elbow surgery. Backup Mason Rudolph didn't look too bad yesterday but we'll see. The Steelers lost an important receivers coach due to his passing away, and an important offensive line coach to Denver, and I think it's showing.

The Steelers were in big trouble before yesterday. Except for Smith -Schuster, they have no credible offensive threats, and now this.

• Like 1

Annnnnd- Ben Roethlisberger is out for the rest of the season with elbow surgery. Backup Mason Rudolph didn't look too bad yesterday but we'll see. The Steelers lost an important receivers coach due to his passing away, and an important offensive line coach to Denver, and I think it's showing.

The Steelers were in big trouble before yesterday. Except for Smith -Schuster, they have no credible offensive threats, and now this.

Yeah, I hate that it looks like they should have maybe kept AB, at least from a performance on the field standpoint. Who needs all that drama and possible criminal charges though?

Yeah, I hate that it looks like they should have maybe kept AB, at least from a performance on the field standpoint. Who needs all that drama and possible criminal charges though?

AB can rot in hell

• Like 1

With Ben having to be out for the rest of the season because of elbow surgery, I don't know how well the Pittsburgh Steelers will be able to do. One great player hasn't, and doesn't make the whole team. By any means, I'm not counting out Pittsburgh. Even the type of player Antonio Brown is, what he's gone through, and while he was playing, with Pittsburgh, I wouldn't want him to be playing on my team, anymore, too.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Could 2019 become one of the NFL's ugliest Seasons ever?

So far, the Top 3 stories are Antonio Brown, several star QB's injured, and yet another officiating controversy. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 1

Antonio Brown released.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bye Felicia

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Maybe the Dolphins will sign him?

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sincerely,

The Pittsburgh Steelers

Frankly, I'm surprised. Someone must have convinced Belicheat that he was more of a liability than a help, and with Uncle Bill, that ain't easy to do. He's as unethical a coach as there is.

• Like 2

Antonio Brown released.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bye Felicia

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sincerely,

The Pittsburgh Steelers

Frankly, I'm surprised. Someone must have convinced Belicheat that he was more of a liability than a help, and with Uncle Bill, that ain't easy to do. He's as unethical a coach as there is.

I’m guessing that the “someone” is from the upper echelons of the organization. It’s too bad that the someone didn’t act sooner.

• Like 2

Antonio Brown released.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bye Felicia

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sincerely,

The Pittsburgh Steelers

You misspelled "successful".
  • Like 1

Antonio Brown released.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bye Felicia

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sincerely,

The Pittsburgh Steelers

It's possible to be both. In fact, the former may be the cause of the latter.

• Like 2

Could 2019 become one of the NFL's ugliest Seasons ever?

.... yet another officiating controversy. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

A decent article on the league's officiating issues:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/18/no-matter-what-it-does-nfls-officiating-headaches-just-wont-go-away/

There are various reasons for the issues. For one, NFL rules have become ever more complicated. Parry said the timing issue in the Saints-Texans game is addressed in four different places in the rule book, and the wording is slightly different each time. Also, the officials have become less experienced. The NFL promoted seven officials to referee, the head of the on-field crew, over the past two seasons after multiple departures of veterans. Not only are those new referees less experienced, they’re surrounded by less experienced crews.

“It does take time for any new referee to adapt to a whole new level of pressure, scrutiny and responsibility,” McAulay said. “Each of them are very good officials and, I would say, are probably better than I was my first couple of years, but there is still a significant learning curve.”

Then there is replay for pass interference. Much is being entrusted to Riveron. The NFL knew there would be growing pains and potential glitches when it instituted a rule that made a judgment call subject to replay for the first time.

• Like 1

Antonio Brown released.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bye Felicia

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sincerely,

The Pittsburgh Steelers

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

Antonio Brown released.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bye Felicia

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sincerely,

The Pittsburgh Steelers

Since Goodell and Kraft are buds, Roger probably gave him the come to jesus talk:

"listen bob, this antonio situation is getting out of control. so either release him or we're going to have to suspend him indefinately."

There still hasn't been anything done after Kraft did the diddle at the massage parlour. Kraft gets to play by a different set of rules. But the AB situation was getting too cra-cra and the league was getting heat about it.

• Like 1

Antonio Brown released.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bye Felicia

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sincerely,

The Pittsburgh Steelers

As an aside, they’ve won 6 Super Bowls this century. You guys sound like nuts prattling on about cheating at this point.

• Like 1

Antonio Brown released.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bye Felicia

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sincerely,

The Pittsburgh Steelers

9 Super Bowl appearances this century. One year, right before they went 16-0, they filmed coordinators sending in signals in front of 70;000 people after the league told all the teams to stop doing it, because they all were. After one AFC Championship it was revealed they may have underinflated the balls they used so much the refs who handled the balls didn’t notice. The second best quarterback in the league said he tries to overinflate them, which would actually make them carry better.

Here’s the real point, though. In both of those instances, Goodell got involved after people tired of getting beat up by them whined. Like the condo owner who complains that “the rules clearly state, in section 13.5.2, section f, that no Christmas decorations on your door may be bigger than 1 square foot.”

Belichick is better than any coach, ever. Including that cheater Shula who soaked his field before an AFC Championship to slow down his faster opponent. Brady is better than any QB ever. Including the one trick pony Marino who went to one Super Bowl and got blown off the field. Making them buy a new Christmas wreath isn’t going to help you build your case against them.

• Like 1

'Fins hanging with the 'Boys so far in Dallas!

Mahomes and Co. taking care of business in KC.

ETA: This just in from Minnesota...two quarters in, and the Raiders still suck.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Cowboys win big (eventually), the Chiefs manage to hang on, and -- yes -- the Raiders still suck. It's an enjoyable season so far!

Yeah, we should have been watching the Chiefs-Ravens! At least that was a real game, which Eagles- Lions was not . . . :LOL:

• Like 1

Bengals, Broncos, Dolphins, Jets, Steelers all 0-3 to start the year. Of those, are the Steelers the only surprise (many had them picked for the Super Bowl)?

The race to the bottom begins. Steelers not that much of a surprise with Ben down for the count. Ah, but worry not Cinci, Denver, NY, and Pittsburgh, you're safe. My beloved Dolphins, with the Mighty Triumvirate of Ross, Flores, and (OC in absentia) Caldwell will save you from draft pick #1!

BWAHAHA, ftb, bring on the NHL!