The 2019 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Brown and Josh Gordon on one team. What a potential shitshow.

Its just too bad hes not playing tomorrow and the game plan had multiple routes across the middle.

• Like 1

Its just too bad hes not playing tomorrow and the game plan had multiple routes across the middle.

Against the Steelers no less.

Im sure that with the game being in Foxboro, and the game being at night, which gives the already obnoxious NE fans all day to drink, there's going to be a lot of trolling of the Steelers.

Nah, New England fans have far too much class for that. :wacko:

Edited by laughedatbytime

Saw this on another site, so i cant take credit, but it was suggested that Belichick signed Brown because he figured he might know some secrets about surreptitiously taping other coaches.

66 years old and still eager to learn something that might help his hone his skills, worthy of admiration, indeed.

• Like 1

Saw this on another site, so i cant take credit, but it was suggested that Belichick signed Brown because he figured he might know some secrets about surreptitiously taping other coaches.

66 years old and still eager to learn something that might help his hone his skills, worthy of admiration, indeed.

I thought it was fitting that the Patriots are the team that has picked up Antonio Brown.

And that’s all I’m gonna say.

Oh, except this:

RNB, where are you??

Against the Steelers no less.

Im sure that with the game being in Foxboro, and the game being at night, which gives the already obnoxious NE fans all day to drink, there's going to be a lot of trolling of the Steelers.

Nah, New England fans have far too much class for that. :wacko:

For the most part that would be true but like many other team fans the Patriots have their crazies especially when alchohol is in the mix.

Is it just me but for some reason why do I think AB orchestrated all his Raider crap to possibly get picked up by the Patriots.

To me this is pushing the limit of what a team can deal with. Josh Gordan now AB (can't even write his name as yet) I hope the whole chaotic thing works out.

Is it just me but for some reason why do I think AB orchestrated all his Raider crap to possibly get picked up by the Patriots.

It is definitely not just you.

Diva headcase players get themselves cut or traded quite often. No one complains when headcase players go to Oakland, as the Raiders are not a winning franchise. The player is seen as on his way to NFL oblivion.

When the Patriots sign the headcase, fans automatically assume that something rotten is going on. The Patriots are willing to sign just about anyone if they feel he will help their team win. It doesn't matter how screwed up he is.

If the Patriots were not a winning franchise, with many Super Bowl Championships, no one would be complaining.

Diva headcase players get themselves cut or traded quite often. No one complains when headcase players go to Oakland, as the Raiders are not a winning franchise. The player is seen as on his way to NFL oblivion.

When the Patriots sign the headcase, fans automatically assume that something rotten is going on. The Patriots are willing to sign just about anyone if they feel he will help their team win. It doesn't matter how screwed up he is.

If the Patriots were not a winning franchise, with many Super Bowl Championships, no one would be complaining.

I was only thinking it was fitting because drama seems to attract drama. Both Brown and the Patriots seem to be full of it.

Gosh I wonder why people claim this league is crooked in the favor of the Patriots?

But I have to admit that Mayock and the Raiders got played on this. They should have let him sit until they got draft picks for him.

Edited by HemiBeers

Gosh I wonder why people claim this league is crooked in the favor of the Patriots?

But I have to admit that Mayock and the Raiders got played on this. They should have let him sit until they got draft picks for him.

They saved $30 million by releasing him by 4 PM yesterday.

Now its being reported that he hired a social media firm to help him orchestrate his way out of Oakland. It will be interesting to see what if anything Goodell will do.

Has that ever happened before, where a franchise actually voided the ‘guaranteed’ money due to a player? It was the first I’ve ever heard of it actually happening.

• Like 1

Has that ever happened before, where a franchise actually voided the ‘guaranteed’ money due to a player? It was the first I’ve ever heard of it actually happening.

Apparently, they needed to suspend him first, and he gave them the ammo to do it.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/05/raiders-could-suspend-release-antonio-brown-and-save-30-million/

It's so weird, after so long, for the Chiefs, of all teams, to have one of the most exciting offenses in the league -- and league THAT guy, Mahomes, is the center of attention. What a fun group.

(I'm rooting hard for the Chiefs until they play the Cowboys, just so we're clear . . .)

Now its being reported that he hired a social media firm to help him orchestrate his way out of Oakland. It will be interesting to see what if anything Goodell will do.

Why? He already had his agent (and local pain in the ass) Drew Rosenhaus shilling for him. But I doubt Drew will be blowing his own horn about the particulars for a while.