• Mr. Big
    • Warrant
    • Faster Pussy Cat
    • The White Stripes
    • The Vines
    • Biff Naked
    • Poison
    • Oasis

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Feb 9 2012, 09:16 PM)
I picked The White Stripes...I don't care how many fans there are or how "good" They are...I simply do not understand the appeal of this band.

It's rock and roll, blues based, plain and simple. I'm a fan.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 26 2005, 01:54 PM)
I'm not doing it until you take The White Stripes off it tongue.gif

Not sure why they'd be on the list. Jack White can play.

Culture Club was a pretty good band. You may not be a fan of their genre, but you can't deny their talent and songwriting ability.

Same with Oasis.

The worst collection of "music" for me is the growling death stuff. You pick the band. That's my vote.

QUOTE (Led Zeppelin @ Oct 16 2005, 08:57 PM)
Excuse me, but Run DMC founded the music genre that is now the most popular in America, rap.

Now you may not like rap, but you have to appreciate Run DMC for their early fusion of rhymes and rock samples, as well as smart lyrics and strong albums.

They did not flaunt rap as many of the young MCs do today. They respected their competitors and had fun with the music they made.

Not to mention, they helped revive Aerosmith's career when they did the remake of Walk This Way.

Before you start popping off names for bands to go on this list, put personal biases aside.

I totally agree and there were one of the first bands/rappers to get paid like pro players to wear a brand name ADDIDAS.

One other thing I think they're in the RRHOF....not that means much.

A couple bands on the list I'm not familiar with, but from the ones I know I'd pick either Faster Pussycat or Poison. No talent really, with either band.

Shame on the peeps who picked Extreme or Mr. Big. Between those two bands, you have two amazing guitarists (Nuno Bettencourt and Paul Gilbert) and an amazing bassist (Billy Sheehan). And the other members of those bands ain't too shabby, either!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 10 2012, 11:03 AM)
A couple bands on the list I'm not familiar with, but from the ones I know I'd pick either Faster Pussycat or Poison.  No talent really, with either band.

Shame on the peeps who picked Extreme or Mr. Big.  Between those two bands, you have two amazing guitarists (Nuno Bettencourt and Paul Gilbert) and an amazing bassist (Billy Sheehan).  And the other members of those bands ain't too shabby, either!

WORD!!!!!!!!! Winger's drummer was Rod Morgenstein from Dixie Dregs, who is now teaching at university, and Mr Big's drummer, Pat Torpey, went on to tour w/ Robert Plant.Saw Mr Big once and during Pat's drum solo he sang a spot on pitch-perfect acapella version of "Something" by The Beatles. Not too shabby indeed.Re-listen to "Colorado Bulldog" or "Addicted to that Rush" from Mr. Big. Musicians playing music.

My vote is duran-duran...couldn't stand that band , back in the day.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 10 2012, 03:05 PM)
Bon Jovi confused13.gif

Why is Bon Jovi so popular? Why? wacko.gif

Women Love him and he writes candy ass , radio friendly Pop songs

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 10 2012, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 10 2012, 03:05 PM)
Bon Jovi  confused13.gif

Why is Bon Jovi so popular? Why?  wacko.gif

Women Love him and he writes candy ass , radio friendly Pop songs

Training bra music.

Once kids get past the Bubble gum stuff (Britney/Beiber/Spice Girls/etc), they get into what appeals to 11-14 year olds.

Enter Bon Jovi/Aerosmith/Nickleback/etc

Sigh. Sooo many bad groups on this list (and mentioned in the thread) but I can vote only once. Hard to chose (in part because some of the groups I heard a couple of times and ran in fright from them so I would not have to suffer from their horrible noise they called music, thereby limiting my exposure to them) but I went with Culture Club.

Poison and Winger i would definitely note vote for. Between the 2 of them I have only one studio album but I have several live albums and a live DVD. Always enjoyed both groups live. Europe sucked live even worse then Mr. Big live (much more) but I can not bring myself to vote for Europe or Mr. Big. Yup, Culture Club it is.

Now I am going to go 062802puke_prv.gif . The simple concentration of bad music and thinking about it has ruined my digestive track.

Limp Bizkit will get my vote any time in such a poll. If Bon Jovi and kiss aren't in it.

Europe, on the other hand ... Just listen to their last three albums and you might realize that they're very very far from being a bad band. And they don't suck live at all.

Edited by barchetta90480

QUOTE (The Notorious B.S.G. @ Sep 26 2005, 11:05 PM)
I don't care if I catch flak for this, but I absolutely LOATH System of a Down. "BYOB" is easily the most repugnant, obnoxious, unlistenable song I've ever heard, and the rest of what I've heard turns my stomach to an equal degree. 062802puke_prv.gif

So take THAT, you young whipper-snappers! <Shaking my cane at you.> bsg.gif old.gif

There are some disturbing posts in this thread but THIS is probably THE most...System freakin' rocks!...They are in a category of their own...kind of a mix between Progressive Nu-Metal...they do some amazing sh!t in a 3 minute song

This list has no business including Linkin Park or White Stripes. Those are both really innovative bands

I went with Limp Bizkit...not only id it terible music and is Fred DUert a moron, but they set off a riot at the 2nd Woodstock so for that they deserve to win

QUOTE (g under p @ Feb 10 2012, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (Led Zeppelin @ Oct 16 2005, 08:57 PM)
Excuse me, but Run DMC founded the music genre that is now the most popular in America, rap.

Now you may not like rap, but you have to appreciate Run DMC for their early fusion of rhymes and rock samples, as well as smart lyrics and strong albums.

They did not flaunt rap as many of the young MCs do today. They respected their competitors and had fun with the music they made.

Not to mention, they helped revive Aerosmith's career when they did the remake of Walk This Way.

Before you start popping off names for bands to go on this list, put personal biases aside.

I totally agree and there were one of the first bands/rappers to get paid like pro players to wear a brand name ADDIDAS.

One other thing I think they're in the RRHOF....not that means much.

I have no beef with Run DMC but they did not "found" that genre.