Some selection of albums from 1995?

Texas King

Some selection of albums from 1995?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Some selection of albums from 1995?

• Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
    • Radiohead - The Bends
    • Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

I'll go with Oasis on this one. They weren't my favorite Britpop band, but among these, I pick them. (If you'd included Blur's album The Great Escape in this poll, which is also from '95, I'd pick it in a heartbeat).

I thought Mellon Collie was where the Pumpkins really started to jump the shark. I loved everything they did leading up to that one, but...no.

• Like 1

Oh wow, these are all so good.

I don't think I can vote for Smashing Pumpkins cuz I haven't listened to that album that much and it's got a ton of stuff on it.

I know The Bends a lot better than that Oasis album, but I love both of them...but since I also haven't listened enough to the Oasis album, I think my vote for now will have to be...

The Bends.

Fake Plastic Trees blows most bands' best ballads out of the water.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Pulp suck.

Also not sure I like any of these albums either...Mellon Collie the most but it's a chore.

For me 1995 belongs to The Gathering's Mandylion.

Pulp suck.

Also not sure I like any of these albums either...Mellon Collie the most but it's a chore.

oh stop

And you love Jarvis Cocker, just admit it

Of the three, I picked Mellon Collie, but none hold a candle to Pulp's Different Class ( best album of the 90s )

Here's my best album of the 90s:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/Screaming_Trees-Dust_%28album_cover%29.jpg

We need a 90s face off thread

Of the three, I picked Mellon Collie, but none hold a candle to Pulp's Different Class ( best album of the 90s )

Here's my best album of the 90s:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/Screaming_Trees-Dust_%28album_cover%29.jpg

We need a 90s face off thread

You can do it. I have the "luck" of someone posting "You forgot (X)" even when I include the maximum 40 choices with 1 "other" option.

Yeah, Screaming Trees' Dust would be my #1. Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream, Jane's Addiction's Ritual de lo habitual, Beck's Odelay, Alice in Chains' Dirt, Tool's Aenima, and Rusted Root's When I Woke would all be way up on the list. And all of them I'd rank higher than any 90s Rush album if I think about it.

• Like 1

Pulp suck.

oh stop

And you love Jarvis Cocker, just admit it

Hehe

It's nothing personal but when you say "best album of the nineties" I expect to see Third Eye Blind's self-titled!

And no I don't like him at all hehe

JUST A GENTLE RIBBING BUDDY

Now go calm yourself and play some Hyuna videos. That girl has some nice jiggle!

• Like 2