Grunge bands clash: Nirvana or Alice in Chains?

Texas King

Nirvana VS Alice in Chains  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Nirvana VS Alice in Chains

• Nirvana
    • Alice in Chains

No contest. Layne staley was an amazing vocalist, Jerry Cantrell is a fantastic guitar player, writer and vocalist, mike Inez played some awesome bass lines, Sean Kinney is one of my fave drummers. Then you have the songs. Much thicker, deeper, and heavier with even more angst with AiC.
  • Like 7

Nirvana

It's not even close.

I prefer Pearl Jam and Soundgarden to both.

• Like 2

What are your opinions?

I think Nirvana is so overhyped grunge(and also alternative and generally rock) band and AiC is musically a way better band. No Nirvana album is even close to Dirt IMHO.

:goodone:

AIC!

Not to take away anything from Nirvana. But it's AIC.

Because Dirt! An absolute masterpiece.

• Like 2

Nirvana. AICs is a good band but they don't have the same versatility.

How much have you heard from AIC? Lacking in versatility is not a problem for them at all.

I have all of their albums. I'm not saying I don't like them, I like them a lot obviously. Just in comparison that's my opinion.

• Like 1

I listened to Nirvana first but Alice In Chains stayed more interesting to me. Their 3 90's albums are moody and rock harder, and it's the sound I think of when I think of grunge, whereas I guess I just never understood Nevermind. Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 2

Give me AIC everyday of the week. I rarely have the interest in listening to Nirvana. Give me the plodding with those vocals. Even the post Staley albums are really good...I just listened to "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" today.
  • Like 3

I love them both! I would have to say Alice in Chains because not only do I love their music from the 90s but I still love them today. However, I did see Nirvana in concert :)
  • Like 2

It seems Nirvana is too punk for most on the Rush Forum.

Or Rush fans see them for what they truly were, an overrated one album wonder band :huh:

Of course if the band lasted longer, it could have been possible for them to write an album like Nevermind again but we'll never know.