What Concerts Do You Regret Missing

For me I have 2:

1) Foo Fighters. I was not into them at the time of the show so I skiped. Now I think they are good and I regret missing the show.

2) Helloween. They came a few hours from where I live, I wanted to go and the tickets were really cheap, but my mom said no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still mad at her for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Surrender74

For me I have 2:

2) Helloween. They came a few hours from where I live, I wanted to go and the tickets were really cheap, but my mom said no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still mad at her for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't "regret it" since you simply weren't permitted to go. If you were allowed to go but didn't then it's a different matter.

You can be mad and hold a grudge though. That's always fun and useful.

• Like 4

For me I have 2:

You can't "regret it" since you simply weren't permitted to go. If you were allowed to go but didn't then it's a different matter.

Oh

For me I have 2:

Oh

Yes it is. They are my 3rd favorite band and when I miss out on a band in my top 5, I get pissed.

I didn't go see Paradise Lost and Lacuna Coil on a recent tour they did together (I think it was 2014). Katatonia played as well.

I don't even know why I didn't.

Idiot.

I have a few that come to mind:

Johnny Cash played in Indianapolis in 1995, which is back when I was living there- in a small theater called The Vogue. I'd seen several shows there before, and I can remember walking by outside the place on the night that he played. I even had the money in my pocket for a ticket, and I didn't go. I remember wanting to...I just didn't do it.

Buddy Guy played at the same place, at roughly the same time, and I also didn't go. (I redeemed myself by getting to see him more than 15 years later, though).

Jeff Buckley I could have seen in Chicago, also in 1995- the same show that is the source of his Live in Chicago DVD release. But it would be about ten more years before I really became a fan of his. In hindsight, though, I really regret not going to see him.

The Black Crowes (even though I did see them nearly 50 times) played on a double bill with Tedeschi Trucks Band, in the summer of 2013. Never saw any of those shows. That was the same year that I saw Rush, for the first time since 1994, so I was really, really happy with that. I should have gone to both, though.

Another Black Crowes show- Madison Square Garden, on New Years' Eve of 2005-'06. Had a ticket on the floor of the arena...went all the way to the airport. Didn't get on the plane. It was the only time they ever played there, and I couldn't bring myself to go. :|

Edited by Blue J

Rush - R30 Tour.

First time they was in Sweden since the 70s. But I did not like Rush back then.

Rush - Snakes & Arrows Tour

Second time they was in Sweden. And missed them again.

Steven Wilson

On his latest tour, he played a great setlist with old Porcupine Tree songs and also whole 4 1/2 album.

Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway Tour

She came to sweden 2012, and I missed her. Thou I saw her live a few weeks ago, and it was great!

• Like 1

Another Black Crowes show- Madison Square Garden, on New Years' Eve of 2005-'06. Had a ticket on the floor of the arena...went all the way to the airport. Didn't get on the plane. It was the only time they ever played there, and I couldn't bring myself to go. :|

Why didn't you get on the plane?

My regret is in the same ballpark. During R30, I was on vacation in Spain for nearly two weeks while Rush was playing in the UK. With a little bit of careful planning I could've seen a show or two up there. Instead, I live with the regret.

For me I have 2:

Oh

Yes it is. They are my 3rd favorite band and when I miss out on a band in my top 5, I get pissed.

Not sure you understood that "You can be mad and hold a grudge though. That's always fun and useful" was meant to be sarcastic.

But I see. I've noticed that you've gotten pissed at much lesser things. <------This sentence is not sarcastic.

For me I have 2:

Correct.

I will also bring up that she really can't regret seeing the Foo Fighters show either. She wasn't into them at the time, skipping it made all the sense in the world. If she was a fan at the time then she could regret missing it.

• Like 2

Mid 80's.

Was torn between the Scorpions in their home town (Hannover)

or Frank Marino live at the Capitol in the same city.

I had already seen the Scorpions, and knew I would see them again, but Frank

was a rare sight, and is still one of my all time heroes.

So I plumped for Frank. Bought my ticket,turned up on the night, and the concert was canceled due to

"Illness".

I was devastated.

My regret is in the same ballpark. During R30, I was on vacation in Spain for nearly two weeks while Rush was playing in the UK. With a little bit of careful planning I could've seen a show or two up there. Instead, I live with the regret.

I don't know whether to call it a premonition of some kind, or if it was just a big, nasty wave of dread. It was bad.

Anyway...I guess I could say I regret missing every Rush tour from Test For Echo (even though I don't like that record, I understand the tour was great) through Time Machine.

But I saw a lot of other shows in that time- and for a lot less money, haha!

For me I have 2:

Correct.

I will also bring up that she really can't regret seeing the Foo Fighters show either. She wasn't into them at the time, skipping it made all the sense in the world. If she was a fan at the time then she could regret missing it.

Yeah, I hear you. Zumbi said the same thing in regards to R30. He didn't like them then but he regrets not seeing them. Can't be regret then.

1 - Dream Theater in Rio when A Change of Seasons had just come out, and before Falling Into Infinity. Their set was 40% Awake, 30% Images & Words and 10% A Change of Seasons; I only knew a handful of songs, it was in the middle of the week, and decided not to go;

2 - Bruce Dickinson live in São Paulo - the reocrding of Scream for me Brazil - I´d had tonsilitis a few days before and had just recovered, but still wasn´t 100%;

3 - Them Crooked Vultures on my final week in Australia before moving back to Brazil. I dunno why I didn´t go to that one.

• Like 2

I don't know whether to call it a premonition of some kind, or if it was just a big, nasty wave of dread. It was bad.

That must've been freaky. I wonder what caused that feeling of dread. Whether considered psychologically, spiritually, or even medically, the topic of premonitions is pretty interesting to me.

That must've been freaky. I wonder what caused that feeling of dread. Whether considered psychologically, spiritually, or even medically, the topic of premonitions is pretty interesting to me.

Yeah, it was...unique, I suppose. Anyway, I have both audio and video recordings of that gig now, so...ehhmm, I know what I missed!

Trey Anastasio and North Mississippi All-Stars were the opening acts that night.

Yeah, it was...unique, I suppose. Anyway, I have both audio and video recordings of that gig now, so...ehhmm, I know what I missed!

Trey Anastasio and North Mississippi All-Stars were the opening acts that night.

Should've ignored the dread feeling/premonition! :LOL:

Green Day, Jack White, Shawn Mendes, Cheap Trick, RHCP, Jane's Addiction, Kings of Leon, Bif Naked, Rod Stewart, Beyonce Edited by Boots

The Rush tours I didn't go to. (And I regret not knowing about some tours in the early 80s because it was so hard to hear about them back then.)

Ultravox.

Metallica back in the 80s.

U2 when they played a free daytime show in SF somewhere around 1987. It was announced that morning on the radio, but I was already at work so I couldn't easily leave to go.

The Rush tours I didn't go to. (And I regret not knowing about some tours in the early 80s because it was so hard to hear about them back then.)

Ultravox.

Metallica back in the 80s.

U2 when they played a free daytime show in SF somewhere around 1987. It was announced that morning on the radio, but I was already at work so I couldn't easily leave to go.

Ultravox! Cool.

I also regret so many Rush shows in the middle of their career, because at the time I wasn't going to shows alone, and had nobody to go with.