RIP Aerosmith 1970-2018

fraroc

That is sad news, but Aerosmith is one of those bands that seems to have nine lives. I could see them getting back together sometime in the future, but maybe that's just me ??!!

The Who also had a "Farewell Tour"

Yeah. I went. I was about to cry when the show was over.

:(

In 1982...

They have a final tour this year.

But is it really final? Pretty sure Roger & Pete would still do solo shows and a few gigs here and there.

• Like 2

The Who also had a "Farewell Tour"

Yeah. I went. I was about to cry when the show was over.

:(

In 1982...

They have a final tour this year.

But is it really final? Pretty sure Roger & Pete would still do solo shows and a few gigs here and there.

I think so.

• Like 1

No big deal. Ozzy has been having farewell tours since 1992. So, I don't put much stock in it when a band has one of these tours.

If there is still money to be made, most bands usually don't honor the whole farewell thing.

• Like 1

No more, no more ??

Or...back in the saddle again?

Bottom line, no one knows whether it means the end or not- they don't even know that themselves. So whether it's called a farewell tour or not- it's a tour! Go if you want to go, and you have the means, and enjoy it.

It's incredible that any band that became huge as far back as the mid-1970s is still active at all.

Have an attitude of gratitude, folks.

:codger:

• Like 1

I heard about this and... I think it's true. There has been a lot of bad blood in the band over the last 5 years so it's time to go. They still sound great 'live' but maybe they can hold it together to tour one more time.

You know what? Good! Let them give the fans a heartfelt goodbye (anyone remember R40? you know, like that) and give their legacy a break. I'm going to spin an Aerosmith album from the 1970s.... dirty, gritty, confident rock and roll...
  • Like 3

All joking aside, this will probably be it for them. There's nothing else they have left to do or prove. Plus, Tyler will be turning 70 in a couple years, so he might want to enjoy a nice retirement.
  • Like 1

I saw them in 2013, and they delivered a helluva show! The opening act was Whitesnake, and the difference between Tyler and Coverdale is amazing. Tyler can still reach all those high notes, and his stage presence is intact. Coverdale could still prance around and shake the crowd, but his voice was shot.

Aerosmith´s studio albums haven´t been good for a long time now, but live they still shine. And it´s incredible they managed to get their act together and keep the original lineup since the late 80´s. If this is really their last tour, they better go out with a bang. I can´t say I´ll follow Tyler´s country output, but I´d be interested to see what Perry comes up with aside from the Hollywood Vampires.

If this is the end, well done to them. They have a lot to be proud of.

But if they end up really loving this tour they might regret using the word "final".

• Like 1

Farewell tours in rock is like me saying i'll just eat one potato chip.

Mick

Or me saying "just one more AOR song".

• Like 1