What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

I simply adore YES.

I simply adore jokes about the band's name.

Someone told me about forming a band called Perhaps. :LOL:

I suggested Might. Maybe.

Or Not At All.

Probably.

:LOL:

THIS made me laugh! I remember having a discussion about this very subject back in the early seventies! LOL

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20bed%20bouncing.gif

• Like 1

I was shopping with my mother. We happened to be near condoms. I joked that I saw her boyfriends condoms recently. We walked off. Turns out someone was right behind me, looking at condoms. She glared at us as we continued to shop.
  • Like 1

I'm in the corner bar having a very late dinner consisting of a big ol' bowl of chili and a Goose gimlet. Extraordinarily drunk chick next to me has her laptop open doing karaoke by herself (facepalm) while everyone else is trying to watch a baseball game on TV (well, not me; ew, sports). After belting out her Garth Brooks, she said I have to sing if I'm going to sit next to her.

"Sorry, I don't know any Garth."

"YOU pick the next song!! Woooo!!"

"Okay. Pull up Supper's Ready by Genesis." <evil grin>

"I love Genesis!! Woot!! I've never heard that song!! ... Wait, it's 22 f****in' minutes long!! I'm not playin' that sh*t!!"

<another evil grin>

"Pick something else!!"

"You like Rush?"

"Tom Sawyer!!!! Woooooo!! herpderpalcoholicderp Yeeeeeessss!!"

"I want Hemispheres."

"Yes!! I've never heard that one!! Wooooo!!"

She goes to pee, since "it's taking forever for the singing to start." When she returns, Geddy hasn't begun wailing yet. But when he does:

"I'm vetoing this!!"

Then she buys me a gimlet. Night: successful.

• Like 2

I'm in the corner bar having a very late dinner consisting of a big ol' bowl of chili and a Goose gimlet. Extraordinarily drunk chick next to me has her laptop open doing karaoke by herself (facepalm) while everyone else is trying to watch a baseball game on TV (well, not me; ew, sports). After belting out her Garth Brooks, she said I have to sing if I'm going to sit next to her.

"Sorry, I don't know any Garth."

"YOU pick the next song!! Woooo!!"

"Okay. Pull up Supper's Ready by Genesis." <evil grin>

"I love Genesis!! Woot!! I've never heard that song!! ... Wait, it's 22 f****in' minutes long!! I'm not playin' that sh*t!!"

<another evil grin>

"Pick something else!!"

"You like Rush?"

"Tom Sawyer!!!! Woooooo!! herpderpalcoholicderp Yeeeeeessss!!"

"I want Hemispheres."

"Yes!! I've never heard that one!! Wooooo!!"

She goes to pee, since "it's taking forever for the singing to start." When she returns, Geddy hasn't begun wailing yet. But when he does:

"I'm vetoing this!!"

Then she buys me a gimlet. Night: successful.

• Like 1

Mr. blues and I needed to run out to the grocery store. It's cold and windy out. so after I put on my coat and hat, I'm looking around for my favorite knitted neck scarf. Can't find it, looking all over. Finally decide to just go. We get back home and, you guessed it, when I take my coat off, I'm wearing my scarf. :eyeroll:

I don't know what's worse, that I couldn't feel it, or that it was sticking out and neither one of us saw it! It's a bulky thing!

• Like 5

Mr. blues and I needed to run out to the grocery store. It's cold and windy out. so after I put on my coat and hat, I'm looking around for my favorite knitted neck scarf. Can't find it, looking all over. Finally decide to just go. We get back home and, you guessed it, when I take my coat off, I'm wearing my scarf. :eyeroll:

I don't know what's worse, that I couldn't feel it, or that it was sticking out and neither one of us saw it! It's a bulky thing!

Similar things have happened to me.

• Like 4

Forgot to buy coffee filters,

TP was the only choice. :D

BT,DT

Beach chicken and nope rope

Don't know what either of those things are....

The TV stopped working and my mother had a nervous breakdown. LOL :facepalm:

That made you LAUGH?

My doctor.

Hopefully that's a GOOD thing!

Another part of the BT,DT list! ;)

Similar things have happened to me.

Thanks for the E.S.P. response, Lorraine!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20riding%20dog.gif

• Like 3

My long-time friends planned a family holiday trip to Hawaii with their sons (30 and 26yo). Flights out were for yesterday evening, which gave the boys plenty of time to get some holiday partying in before catching the plane. Of course, being caught up in the Christmas spirit (and one or two cocktails too many), the boys arrived late to the airport and missed their flight. Of course, all flights are full, and a winter storm has rolled in!

No worries though...I'm sure the airport bar serves mai-tais!

• Like 2

My long-time friends planned a family holiday trip to Hawaii with their sons (30 and 26yo). Flights out were for yesterday evening, which gave the boys plenty of time to get some holiday partying in before catching the plane. Of course, being caught up in the Christmas spirit (and one or two cocktails too many), the boys arrived late to the airport and missed their flight. Of course, all flights are full, and a winter storm has rolled in!

Mottainai!!! ((Wasteful!!!)) :LOL:

That sucks. Oh man I'd be kicking myself for a while if I were those boys.

I've drunk myself into stupidity the nights before flights...but I've never missed a flight. In fact, I was just posting about one such incident maybe a week ago (in the Travel thread?).

:LOL: I think the only thing to do at the point is to apologize profusely to family several times and laugh at your own stupidity :LOL:

• Like 1

:LOL: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Mottainai!!! ((Wasteful!!!)) :LOL:

That sucks. Oh man I'd be kicking myself for a while if I were those boys.

I've drunk myself into stupidity the nights before flights...but I've never missed a flight. In fact, I was just posting about one such incident maybe a week ago (in the Travel thread?).

:LOL: I think the only thing to do at the point is to apologize profusely to family several times and laugh at your own stupidity :LOL:

You get your ass up and get to the airport in time for some "hair of the dog"! :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1