last movie you watched

sonicjams

The Jungle Book. The new one. I finally got around to watching it. Not sure what to think. I thought the animation was very well done but the story kind of threw me. I have always been a big fan of the books and this was kind of a mishmash of the animated movie, the books and stuff they made up. I have to say I cracked up at Christopher Walken as King Louie.

I loved it! This film had a nice feel about it.

I kept thinking how I wish they had done the book rather than trying to copy parts of the animated movie. With the quality of the animation they have now they could've really done it justice. It was OK, I didn't hate it by any means. I just thought it could've been better.

i agree. the problem was they went with that mishmash. cause i loved the books too. and would have loved to have seen that. It looked great though. i just feel it fell short story wise.

Mick

I was watching the extras with the director and he said the original concept was more like the books. When he came on board he steered the project more towards the old animated movie and I'm like "whyyy?" They had a chance to do something big and great but they went with the simple route and just blew it.

which is my point Their doing the lion king now.live action......which is even more head scratching. cause......why?

Disney confuses me sometimes, lol

Mick

I'm with you on this. The original is perfection and unlike Beauty And The Beast I don't see how live action could be interesting.

The original is just...sheesh it's pretty much my favourite movie. Not counting a certain depressing Holocaust drama...

Well actually probably more than that!

well you know me and the lion king.........never did much for me putting it mildly.

didn't hate it.......it was good but. another one of thoes that the world loves and Mick goes......mild, lol

Mick

Sticking to theater movies as with two young boys I probably see about five movies a week at home, and not particularly interesting ones, I just saw Kong. Not a classic but I liked it.

The Glass Bottom Boat with Doris Day and Rod Taylor. Fun movie with Paul Lynde and Dom DeLuise. Alice Pearce and George Tobias (Mr. and Mrs. Kravitz from Bewitched) are in this as Doris Day neighbors. Paul Lynde as a security officer in drag is worth the price of admission. Hilarious!

I just saw this movie. It was so so..

Mad_Max_Fury_Road.jpg

At least you can say you've seen them all.

I love the originals but I have yet to see the latest.

Mad_Max_Fury_Road.jpg

Yes...

I am so proud of myself...

Blazing Saddles.

I've seen this many many times. but.......HOLY SHIT would this not fly today, lol

The slurs thrown about in this film......wow, lol

all tongue in cheek but wow.

so funny though.

Mick

• Like 2

Blazing Saddles.

I've seen this many many times. but.......HOLY SHIT would this not fly today, lol

The slurs thrown about in this film......wow, lol

all tongue in cheek but wow.

so funny though.

Mick

Everyone is so politically correct now. When this movie came out it was no big deal. It was just funny.

• Like 3

Mad_Max_Fury_Road.jpg

Yes...

Yeah there wasn't much of a story with this one. Not that the others had much more but this was just one long chase scene.

Mad_Max_Fury_Road.jpg

Yes...

Yeah there wasn't much of a story with this one. Not that the others had much more but this was just one long chase scene.

Was that good or bad for you?

I have to be honest...Charlize Theron puts me off. I loved her in Monster but there is something about her I can't stand...she ruins everything for me really...Prometheus she did my head in.

She struts around like a beauty queen and it's so Hollywood it puts me off.

The Big Lebowski with Day of Light

My 3rd viewing, her first

3s not enough.

1s better than none.

:hail:

I was roughly 5 years old when I first saw The Big Lebowski via my parents getting it on VHS. I turned out pretty ok I think. Edited by PolarizeMe

The Big Lebowski with Day of Light

My 3rd viewing, her first

3s not enough.

1s better than none.

:hail:

I was roughly 5 years old when I first saw The Big Lebowski via my parents getting it on VHS. I turned out pretty ok I think.

I think what we can gather from this is that exposure to tits, the f-bomb, and white russians doesn't ruin today's children

Mad_Max_Fury_Road.jpg

Yes...

Was that good or bad for you?

I have to be honest...Charlize Theron puts me off. I loved her in Monster but there is something about her I can't stand...she ruins everything for me really...Prometheus she did my head in.

She struts around like a beauty queen and it's so Hollywood it puts me off.

Oh really? I don't get that feeling about her at all. I don't think she's afraid to look homely and dirty in most of her movies.

I liked the movie OK. It kept me entertained all the way through.