John Rutsey dead at 55

rushfr:CP

Well this is no good...what a total bummer.

2.gif Thanks for playing the skins. I'm pretty sure everyone here has at least one copy of your work 2.gif

sad.gif RIP John

My heart is saddened by the loss of John. Without him and subsequently Neil, Rush wouldn't be where they're at today. I'm sure that you will all take a moment out of respect for him and thank him in your own way for not only his contribution to the band in the early days, but also his life as well. Hopefully, he's in a better place now.

It's a little scarey for me, because he was only 5 years older than me, so it's another wake up call to be sure that we take good care of ourselves regardless of our own personal heath situations. sad.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 13 2008, 11:46 AM)
I agree with whoever said that Rush should mention this at shows for the next few weeks, maybe with a special tribute song thrown in. Like, say, "Afterimage"....

I don't think they'll go this far. I think they will respectively acknowledge him and MAYBE play a song from the first album. But I doubt they will play a song in his honor. It would be nice if they did, though.

Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 13 2008, 10:46 AM)
55 isn't an okay age to die. R.I.P.

I agree with whoever said that Rush should mention this at shows for the next few weeks, maybe with a special tribute song thrown in. Like, say, "Afterimage"....

I was thinking they'd do something off the first album as part of the encore. Most likely Working Man.

Bummer. sad.gif

R.I.P. rose.gif

When either Ged, Alex, or Neil dies, I may be inconsolable.

r.i.p

My father was Diabetic....I've seen a lot of crap from this disease, and it's generally dismissed because it's not "fatal", but I'll tell you what, it is a nasty, nasty thing.

This is definitely a leap at this point that it's as a result of Diabetes, but judging by how young he was, I wouldn't be surprised, because if you don't take care of yourself (IE eat the right foods, exercise, dont drink/dont smoke, etc) it really screws you over. We'll see what comes out, but definitely sad.

I was at the Irvine show AND Vegas show up close, and just watching Alex and Geddy and what a GREAT time they were having, I am almost postive that they weren't told over the weekend, because I can't imagine their spirits being as high as they were if they had been told Sunday or something, you know???

R.I.P Mr. Rutsey

Wow I'm totally shocked unsure.gif sad.gif

R.I.P. John, and my best wishes to his family.

Does anyone know how he died?