Mary Tyler Moore Dies at 80

ReRushed

One of my favorite scenes, I can't seem to find on YouTube, is when she is interviewed by Lou Grant. He asks her religion and she tells him he can't ask her that legally. So he asks if she's married. She replies she isn't. He asks why not, and she replies, "P-p-presbyterian."

The Mary Tyler Moore Show was one of the smartest, hippest sit-coms of its era. :haz: The proof is in the fact that you can watch it today and still laugh.....and never wince.

Try doing the same with Three's Company, Allice or similar shows. They're painful to watch.

• Like 1

The Mary Tyler Moore Show is, without question, my favorite sitcom of all time. My fifth grade teacher was a dead ringer for her. It is no coincidence I loved her.

She joins Ted in the great newsroom in the sky.

RIP.

The Lad and I have been watching MTM, along with the Dick Van Dyke Show. He was sad to hear that she had passed. But her work on those two shows really is timeless.
  • Like 2

My sisters and I and then Mr. blues and I loved her in both the MTM show and the Dick Van Dyke show. The Dick Van Dyke show is timeless, really, kind of the Seinfeld of its time.

On the show, her husband, Rob is head writer for the Alan Brady comedy show and in one episode, no one is supposed to know Alan Brady has started to wear a toupee. Laura (Mary Tyler Moore) is going to be on some show with a Maury Povich type guy and spends all week practicing, "Alan Brady's hair is all his own" or similar over and over. She sits down and the guy goes, "Hi ! So, how many toupees does Alan Brady own? " "Oh, two !!" For some reason my sisters and I loved that one whenever it came on. Then when Mr. blues was in university they used to show them right before the 6 pm news or something.

• Like 1