Why does everyone hate Phil Collins so much?

fraroc

On the subject I enjoy Invisible Touch if i'm in the mood. Domino is Amazing.

And there's a good album somewhere in WCD. it's WAY to long though.

Mick

Domino was always amazing live too.

Regarding WCD - I like the production better than the album itself. Some good-to-great songs there, but yeah. it's SO long.

Over on the Genesis forum I posted my alternate WCD tracklisting. I have one for IT as well.

Anything She Does

Tonight ,etc

Land of Confusion

Do the Neurotic

Feeding the Fire

Domino

Throwing It All Away

The Brazillian

By getting rid of the title track and In Too Deep I have just created a legendary album worthy of carrying the Genesis name.

• Like 1

long live heavy metal

Bathory, ***** ******* ******, where have you been ??

Good to see you posting again

the usual, man. smoking crack and listening to celtic frost tapes in my trailer. beware the reptilians!

appreciate it. been lurking mostly and keeping busy with real life stuff, but this thread was too juicy to pass up.

• Like 1

No Jacket was friggin EVERYWHERE.

That said, the last three songs on it are some of Phil's best: Inside Out, Take Me Home, and We Said Hello Goodbye.

:yes:
  • Like 1

I don't care what anyone has to say about Phil Collins

http://vimeo.com/42582725

That must have been before the Live in Paris album. Awesome stuff. I really wish he did a few more of those albums. The R&B stuff is cool too, but this is right in my wheelhouse

Just watching that again made me wonder what Buddy Rich might have done with that.

• Like 1

On the subject I enjoy Invisible Touch if i'm in the mood. Domino is Amazing.

And there's a good album somewhere in WCD. it's WAY to long though.

Mick

Domino was always amazing live too.

Regarding WCD - I like the production better than the album itself. Some good-to-great songs there, but yeah. it's SO long.

Over on the Genesis forum I posted my alternate WCD tracklisting. I have one for IT as well.

Anything She Does

Tonight ,etc

Land of Confusion

Do the Neurotic

Feeding the Fire

Domino

Throwing It All Away

The Brazillian

By getting rid of the title track and In Too Deep I have just created a legendary album worthy of carrying the Genesis name.

Excellent call on Neurotic and Feeding the Fire.

• Like 2

Even though it's one of them broken-hearts-ballad songs, man, listen to "I Wish It Would Rain Down."

DAMN!!

The vocal on that is amazing. Anyone who's ever had their heart broken can relate to that.

Yeah yeah yeah I love old Genesis it's my avatar prog rules blah blah blah. But the dude still "had it" during his solo career.

• Like 1

Even though it's one of them broken-hearts-ballad songs, man, listen to "I Wish It Would Rain Down."

DAMN!!

The vocal on that is amazing. Anyone who's ever had their heart broken can relate to that.

Yeah yeah yeah I love old Genesis it's my avatar prog rules blah blah blah. But the dude still "had it" during his solo career.

Ive always liked the song Against All Odds.

• Like 2

He certainly did make bank. He's one of only three artists in the world to sell 100 million records (pretty sure that's the number) as both a solo artist and as a member of a musical group. Anyone know the other two?

Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson maybe?

DAMN!!

Ive always liked the song Against All Odds.

Me too.

Too bad the movie ruined the song by making it too hollywood.