RUSH Does NOT Belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

YYZumbi

So the case being made in this thread is that :rush: are far too good to be associated with something lame like RRHOF???

That better be the message or I'll take a flamethrower* to this place and burn the whole f***ing place down*.

*Flamethower and threats of arson are metaphorical.

• Like 1

What? Why? I thought you loved :rush: .

. Not because Rush doesn't deserve recognition, but beacuse the HOF is a disgrace.
  • Like 3

I think Alex summed up the RRHOF perfectly...

"Blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah, blah blah blah blah, blah, BLAH!"

• Like 10

I think this was the general consensus before they got inducted. Even the guys didn't really have much respect for the place. All the place is is a collection of memorabilia. It really has nothing to do with who is the best.
  • Like 3

Once in a while I think about taking a trip out to the HOF (I live about 2.5 hours away), but then when I remind myself that Blue Öyster Cult, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Styx and Yes have never been inducted I say, "Meh, f*ck it."
  • Like 8

Rush to me is the perfect example of honesty and integrity in music. They have always stuck to their guns and made the kind of music they wanted. They don't belong in a hall of fame or anything of the sort because they are above all that nonsense. For years critics and the industry have attacked Rush while they've been just doing their own thing and making great music. Then years later they want to induct them into their little pointless club? It's stupid.
  • Like 1

Once in a while I think about taking a trip out to the HOF (I live about 2.5 hours away), but then when I remind myself that Blue Öyster Cult, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Styx and Yes have never been inducted I say, "Meh, f*ck it."

I believe Purple have been inducted now.

I'd like to personally kick the pasty-faced philistine spotty ginger t**t in the video very hard in the gonads, perhaps repeatedly, for his disrespect to Aretha Franklin, but I agree that she has almost nothing to do with Rock, or indeed Roll.

• Like 1

The same could and should be said about their star in Hollywood. Almost anyone even remotely famous can and has gotten a star. If you have enough money and can convince the powers that be, you can get one. The fans and the band made such a big deal about it, but it's almost a worthless "achievement". Edited by Fordgalaxy

I felt this way long ago about RUSH not being in the HOF, they're JUST TOO GOOD to be in there. I've been to the HOF in Cleveland several times years ago and just about the only thing that got me excited was a music fan's collection of drumsticks. I think he had over 600 and of course Neil's was in there signed and at that time there was not much else in there that pertained to RUSH.

Also I didn't want to see RUSH on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine either. I figured if they haven't been on the cover by now please don't put them on there now.

The same could and should be said about their star in Hollywood. Almost anyone even remotely famous can and has gotten a star. If you have enough money and can convince the powers that be, you can get one. The fans and the band made such a big deal about it, but it's almost a worthless "achievement".

They have stars there? Dammit! I could of seen those stars when I was there. :(

I believe Purple have been inducted now.

I'd like to personally kick the pasty-faced philistine spotty ginger t**t in the video very hard in the gonads, perhaps repeatedly, for his disrespect to Aretha Franklin, but I agree that she has almost nothing to do with Rock, or indeed Roll.

Oops...you're right about Purple.

The same could and should be said about their star in Hollywood. Almost anyone even remotely famous can and has gotten a star. If you have enough money and can convince the powers that be, you can get one. The fans and the band made such a big deal about it, but it's almost a worthless "achievement".

People think that celebrities are "awarded" a star when the reality is that they're bought. It's an ego boost to have a star, which seems to be why most of them are there.